Discussion Founder Discussion Poll

How would you like Founder Status to be earned in TLOPO?

• Total voters
There was less than 50k by the end of alpha XD check your numbers.
Looked at the site, it was 30k, close enough lol. I still think that is too many also founders should be for like the earliest only that's why I think it should be keys only. But if you even played in alpha you should at least get a silver one to be recognized.

Personally, I want a silver coin or token for alpha and gold for beta, whichever color would be assigned to whichever one is fine but what I think is gonna happen is what happened in the original potco. Also this thread is gonna get taken down we already have a big thread on the same topic

Personally, I want a silver coin or token for alpha and gold for beta, whichever color would be assigned to whichever one is fine but what I think is gonna happen is what happened in the original potco. Also this thread is gonna get taken down we already have a big thread on the same topic
Ok, thanks for letting me know, I wasn't aware

I never 'earned' my key though, I just shot a scorpion in the normal course of questing and there it was. If it's going to be a lottery, make it a whole new draw. Key holders have already had their glory days.

Why not rank players for this by value of bug reports submitted?

I never 'earned' my key though, I just shot a scorpion in the normal course of questing and there it was. If it's going to be a lottery, make it a whole new draw. Key holders have already had their glory days.

what about videos showing bugs in them..not reporting the bugs because the video shows the bugs and how to have them happen?

Well Founder wouldn't make sense if it were to be given due to number of reports.

Well Founder wouldn't make sense if it were to be given due to number of reports.
It would in the sense of 'a person who establishes an institution or settlement' - solid assistance with the tracking of bugs is the closest beta test players come to being part of the development effort.

They probably don't have useful metrics for that though, so maybe just most hours played during alpha/beta? That would be a better measure of dedication than whether you lucked into a key or not, while still advantaging key holders to some degree.

Last edited:
I agree with these. In POTCO, founders who played at the time of the game's closing were almost always mastered, kind pirates who were nice to everyone and knowledgeable of the game.

If founder was implemented in any way in TLOPO, you would undoubtedly have those cringy jumper kids who started to appear after the lost weapons update have founder badges. To me, and I'm sure to others, it wouldn't be right to tarnish the memory of the founders in POTCO by allowing people like that to have founder.

I have an idea on how to reward early players without having the founder badge, though. If you participate in Beta, you get a silver (B) badge which stands for Beta tester, and an exclusive Crossbones Bandana. If you participate in Alpha, you get a gold (A) badge which stands for Alpha tester, and an exclusive Loyalty Bandana. You will also get the rewards for Beta Tester. Since this project is so closely followed by the demographic of the POTCO community still interested playing the game again, I'm not really expected a huge jump in members from open beta to full release. So there wouldn't be a special badge or item for players who start to play right after the full release.

This is the best idea, so it is fair to everyone. Because I don't see how they will know of everyone that helps in game. Not everyone belongs in a popular guild or hangs out in Abassa. There are holes in almost every other idea where someone might get left out. If they are going to do something, the above idea is the best one, and fairest.

Off topic:
cringy jumper kids- This is made me LOL! So true for majority xD. Ty for the laugh! c:

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents, honestly, imho, founders would be those from the start of potco, not tlopo.

EDIT: Actually, the "founders" should probably be the folks that have brought this game back from the dead. Bravo to them!

Maybe an aside: It would be nice to have some sort of badge for mastering a pirate though (with at least 3 weapons mastered as well), afterall it is a long tough road. Also a badge next to ship's name for mastering sailing would be fun too.

Last edited:
Back