Discussion Founder Discussion Poll

How would you like Founder Status to be earned in TLOPO?

• Total voters
you do realise with out us alph testers the game would not be in beta right now right? why should someone that by chansedug up a key become a found when someone by change got a key from key drop? this is flawed
The game would be in beta most defiantly just not as fast.

The founder of an institution, organisation, or building is the person who got it started or caused it to be built, so technically this would be an incorrect title, you could always substitute: As in Sons of Anarchy or the predecessor of the vampire diaries, the originals, or forebearer. Depends on how you would wish to proceed. whether you a pernickety elitist, or you wish an honour ie a job in which your paid to do, or the free enjoyment of playing the game. You could always anoint yourselves with a more grandose title. we go through this game with artificial names and play with pixels, that highly intelligent programmers, who write millions upon millions lines of code. lol and rewrite a few times. so why not a title to go with it. The sky is the limit though what seems a good idea now can and has returned to bite.

fair winds and following seas

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life........
Winston Churchill

To err is human
To arr is pirate
Toerrishuman.png

Last edited:
After reading over most of this comment section on this thread it made me change my mind.

The only option that makes sense. The coin should be only for TLOPO Staff and POTCO Founders that have made their way back to this remake. If you think about the options such as Alpha/beta testers - with or without keys, that's nearly the entire community. Not saying that Alpha and Beta testers won't get anything but I don't think something such as the Founders coin would fit such numbers.

I agree with @DR1F73R
Another thing I'd like to point out is most of us original Founders are very proud of being apart of the potco community as a Founder and it's something we hold close to us when it comes to Pirates Online. I'd love to see Alpha and Beta testers get a nice badge as well.

Last edited:
Founders definitely should be the alpha and beta players. When this game goes full launch and gets more advertising, we're going to have 500-1000+ players instead of the small 90-150 that play right now

Founders definitely should be the alpha and beta players. When this game goes full launch and gets more advertising, we're going to have 500-1000+ players instead of the small 90-150 that play right now
I hope you're right about the popularity increasing, the number of players online at any given time has steadily been decreasing which is alarming really. I think you have under estimated the number of current players by about half in terms of the number signed in at any one time in prime continental U.S. times and there are likely more than 1000 people that play regularly these days but not much more than that. At this point I think it would be best if we had about double the players we currently have and that number could increase beyond that with little negative impact. Never the less, I am concerned that the popularity seems to be waining even though the game is open to the public and I have doubt that there is much that could be done to increase it's popularity short of huge changes that would seem to be far on the horizon.

You'd be surprised, POTCO had 3.7 million registered players. I'd say 2 years from now TLOPO will have around 200,000 users
Just saw this post and would be very interested if there was some sort of verifiable source as to how many true users there is today, almost 2 and a half years later.

After reading over most of this comment section on this thread it made me change my mind.

The only option that makes sense. The coin should be only for TLOPO Staff and POTCO Founders that have made their way back to this remake. If you think about the options such as Alpha/beta testers - with or without keys, that's nearly the entire community. Not saying that Alpha and Beta testers won't get anything but I don't think something such as the Founders coin would fit such numbers.

I agree with @DR1F73R
Another thing I'd like to point out is most of us original Founders are very proud of being apart of the potco community as a Founder and it's something we hold close to us when it comes to Pirates Online. I'd love to see Alpha and Beta testers get a nice badge as well.
Agree, and I see a gold coin and lettering was the solution, recognition as seems appropriate.

I think the alpha and beta players should have the option to get a tattoo with the letter "a" or "b", right on their foreheads!

I hope you're right about the popularity increasing, the number of players online at any given time has steadily been decreasing which is alarming really. I think you have under estimated the number of current players by about half in terms of the number signed in at any one time in prime continental U.S. times and there are likely more than 1000 people that play regularly these days but not much more than that. At this point I think it would be best if we had about double the players we currently have and that number could increase beyond that with little negative impact. Never the less, I am concerned that the popularity seems to be waining even though the game is open to the public and I have doubt that there is much that could be done to increase it's popularity short of huge changes that would seem to be far on the horizon.
Quite true. I don't post much here nor am I that active on the game partly because of that reason. There never seems to be many players at a given time playing and I often find myself just wondering around the islands by myself and then getting bored. It is just a game so there are more important things I do, but in my free time that I play I generally end up playing other, more popular games despite being here from the beginning, and TLOPO/POTCO being my all time favorite MMO.

10 people silly
I command no less than 3 accounts, with 15 slots occupied already as far as pirates in-game go.
And I have 2 accounts here; one I cannot recall the log-in info for and no longer have the associated email account and this one.
Now I know a few pirates with more alts than I, although they number quite few.

I command no less than 3 accounts, with 15 slots occupied already as far as pirates in-game go.
And I have 2 accounts here; one I cannot recall the log-in info for and no longer have the associated email account and this one.
Now I know a few pirates with more alts than I, although they number quite few.

thumbs up.png

Have to agree with XJumpers post. Founders should be those of us who are playing right now in the beta stages of the game. We are essentially founding the game and spending our time on it. Recognition is deserving of us, the first generation of tlopo players

As hard as it is to think in the mindset here, I do side with giving exclusive rewards to both Alpha and Beta Testers alike that aren't a sign of hierarchy. As KFK (Kat Five Knives) stated near 2 years ago, I don't think it's right tarnishing the Founder's symbol without a proper purpose, and like many have stated that there are quite a few players that truly have no good intent toward others and are generally malicious and rude.

:2 cents: In my personal opinion, I believe that it should be something in the realm of an Arm (Or Chest/Face) Tattoo with a branded B for Beta Testers, or a Branded A to identify an Alpha User. It isn't something as exclusive as a design badge next to the players name, but something noticeable enough to make it worth while for those who've given time and participation into making the game a better time for everybody.

As hard as it is to think in the mindset here, I do side with giving exclusive rewards to both Alpha and Beta Testers alike that aren't a sign of hierarchy. As KFK (Kat Five Knives) stated near 2 years ago, I don't think it's right tarnishing the Founder's symbol without a proper purpose, and like many have stated that there are quite a few players that truly have no good intent toward others and are generally malicious and rude.

:2 cents: In my personal opinion, I believe that it should be something in the realm of an Arm (Or Chest/Face) Tattoo with a branded B for Beta Testers, or a Branded A to identify an Alpha User. It isn't something as exclusive as a design badge next to the players name, but something noticeable enough to make it worth while for those who've given time and participation into making the game a better time for everybody.
Agree. Perhaps a piratey looking tattoo that doesn't distract from the atmosphere (warning self serving plug) such as my last years contest submission of a cool looking key thingie whereas pirates in game know what it means - beta/founder whatever and yet doesn't look out of place.
I don't think we need would something that actually denotes 'B' or something. But I think your idea is a good one and since not everyone reads the forums, an in game recognition could be appropriate.

Just a thought.
GL

Back