Discussion Founder Discussion Poll

How would you like Founder Status to be earned in TLOPO?

• Total voters
I think that having it somehow related to bug reporting, to some extent, would be a good idea. That's one of the largest reasons we're all supposed to be playing at this point ;)

I do, however, think that a new version of founders tags should be made for TLOPO. I think that the gold founders tags should be reserved for staff only, since they've done so much for us to bring this game back to life.
Reports are generated just by you playing the game and things crashing too, a lot of the bugs are reported 100's of times to the Dev's and they always have a long list of things they are working through.:eek:

If we are to get 1000's of founders for the good of the game, that is limiting, again the question I think is how many Founders Tags do we want to see still in the game a few years down the track?

Based on what the criteria was for a Founders Tag in POTCO I think if we are all warned about how much play time we have to "clock up" achieve by a certain date, it's as fair and impartial as it can be. Whether the Tags look different is another issue, but why change something that's already working in terms of the look of the Tag?

The Crew already have Founders Tags and GM Tags and there could be a Special Tag added for Crew instead of changing what already exists historically for the rest of us.;)
:pirate ship::cheers::pirate duel:

No i wasn't angry, just pointing out lots of people suggest this.
Mark you Zusheqiel and some others think a different Founders Tag could be created, which maybe a good idea or maybe a new Tag should be created for The Crew?

But how many Pirates with Founders Tags do you think would be good to have for the future?:D
:pirate ship:

Last edited:
Mark you Zusheqiel and some others think a different Founders Tag could be created, which maybe a good idea or maybe a new Tag should be created for the Crew?

But how many Pirates with Founders Tags do you think would be good to have for the future?:D
yes but also how many of those pirates with the limited edition tag will have left after 1 year, 2 years, 3? The way I see it you might as well give it away like candy now because after awhile those who have it and remain active will start dropping at an exponential rate compared to regular players.

yes but also how many of those pirates with the limited edition tag will have left after 1 year, 2 years, 3? The way I see it you might as well give it away like candy now because after awhile those who have it and remain active will start dropping at an exponential rate compared to regular players.
Exactly... although not dropping at the rate they did in POTCO, far more stickability and loyalty this time around.

For this reason as it is an integral part of the Atmosphere of the game I think we need 1000's to stand the test of time (but also this gives room for most or all of Alpha and some of Beta to get Founders)... I've got some posts above that go into more detail!:piratetreasure:

I'm fairly certain they'll add founders in a way that they determine would make the most people happy (which could possibly mean not adding them at all). I personally would like to see founder status given only to those who played in the alpha before time slots were added (those who had alpha keys), and have other things given to everyone else. This would exclude a lot of people though, and could potentially cause a lot of anger in the community. The same goes for a scenario where everyone who participated in the beta received a founder tag. I think that the most likely thing that will happen is that the founder status won't make it into the game further than it already has (moderators/admins), and different rewards will be given out instead.

How about this the first 100 players to have at least 1 full mastered pirate on one account will get to be a founder or maybe anyone who has alpha/beta key would be a founder

How about this the first 100 players to have at least 1 full mastered pirate on one account will get to be a founder or maybe anyone who has alpha/beta key would be a founder
I don't want to be rude by saying this but I think that it shouldn't be based on mastered pirates in any way.
[rant] I myself have never had a mastered pirate (basic access in POTCO, not enough time spent in TLOPO). I don't think that should disqualify me from having a shot at being a founder simply because I wanted to take my time instead of grinding to level 50. [/rant]

I can agree more with the key statement, and with a lot of the other ideas here too.

so with everyone wanting a coin, I came up with an idea what if we made other coins like one for alpha and one for beta and one for an open game and other things. this is so we don't fight over one coin.

Last edited:
so with everyone wanting a coin, I came up with an idea what if we made other coins like one for alpha and one for beta and one for an open game and other things. this is so we don't fight over one coin.
this is what i was thinking too, gold for anyone with a key in alpha or beta, that means about 2k-3k people with a gold (not much when there will be hundreds of thousands playing) then anyone that played in alpha or beta will get a silver (with a required maybe 10 hours of play or something)

With no anger, bitterness, or judgment:
Even if it was decided that I'm eligible to wear a "Founder" tag/label/whatever on my pirate character, I'd prefer not to have it. I'd rather show up as just Sam, play a great game, help people with quests and whatnot, and leave as just Sam.

//
I highly doubt they would force it on you, you are certainly free to do whatever it is that makes you happy. I on the other hand feel like there should be event based tags for now and different ones later as it gives people an incentive, a chance to commune and share stories of events that happened in the past of the game later on. It will allow people to have something in common or something to discuss to where otherwise they would have not done so much to as even acknowledge each other. These tags are not merely for bragging rights but instead a timestamp, a milestone each of us will carry with us through the duration of the game to remind each other and teach new players where exactly this game started. I for one, will wear it with honor and gratitude to the developers.

and yes @MarkPlankwalker I'm starting to see a running theme here, but you know what they say "Great minds think a like". An idea must be well received in order to invoke change, which is what we're experiencing here. I say, just simply let it happen, we're all making a case in favor of each other.

I highly doubt they would force it on you, you are certainly free to do whatever it is that makes you happy. I on the other hand feel like there should be event based tags for now and different ones later as it gives people an incentive, a chance to commune and share stories of events that happened in the past of the game later on. It will allow people to have something in common or something to discuss to where otherwise they would have not done so much to as even acknowledge each other. These tags are not merely for bragging rights but instead a timestamp, a milestone each of us will carry with us through the duration of the game to remind each other and teach new players where exactly this game started. I for one, will wear it with honor and gratitude to the developers.

and yes @MarkPlankwalker I'm starting to see a running theme here, but you know what they say "Great minds think a like". An idea must be well received in order to invoke change, which is what we're experiencing here. I say, just simply let it happen, we're all making a case in favor of each other.
yes just like founders is a timestamp you could have some other cool stamps like 1st annual pvp event or 1st annual halloween event etc

How about have a code released for a while like 5 hours. The people that redeem the code get founder tags. This way beta and alpha members can both enjoy the experience of having a found tag, while others who had the chance but didn't take it can't say anything, because they had the chance.

How about have a code released for a while like 5 hours. The people that redeem the code get founder tags. This way beta and alpha members can both enjoy the experience of having a found tag, while others who had the chance but didn't take it can't say anything, because they had the chance.
Charolette that would be unfair on many people that have been Alpha testers etc. are sick or at work whatever, or don't have access to a PC on that particular moment for whatever reason.

Also we won't get the 1000's I think we need, even if The Crew decide they only want 100's my suggestion (as above) that everyone has a certain amount of time to clock up X amount of hours is far more impartial - no one can complain, everyone has had fair warning who qualifies ie. only Alpha testers, or Alpha Beta testers etc. and X amount of months to clock up say eg. 50-100 hrs.

Back