Discussion Founder Discussion Poll

How would you like Founder Status to be earned in TLOPO?

• Total voters
All this debate over some golden little coin and name that had no meaning except that you were one of the first to hand your money to Disney. Anything that is created (Founders badge or some other badge) that will make people feel more important than others is like playing with fire. There already has been issues with "elite" POTCO players, I'm sure this would be no different.

All this debate over some golden little coin and name that had no meaning except that you were one of the first to hand your money to Disney. Anything that is created (Founders badge or some other badge) that will make people feel more important than others is like playing with fire. There already has been issues with "elite" POTCO players, I'm sure this would be no different.
Stephen not having a Founders Tag could also upset or "cause issues" for a lot of people that were hoping for one, as can be seen by the poll and the popularity of this thread, since they already exist in TLOPO in one form.

Whether it makes people "feel" important is up to them, just like some "feel" important when they hit level 50.

The real question is, objectively, is it of benefit to the future of the game to have X number of Pirates with Founders Tags running around a few years into the future? I believe and many others do that it is, it not only adds a Positive Fun Atmosphere and intrigue but continues the "Lore" of how and when TLOPO started.

New Recruit: "Wow look at all those Founders, still here after 15 years, this games amazing!"

Which is why I have proposed the most impartial approach that I could think of and I encourage everyone to share their views on the most impartial way of doing this, if it is to be done at all.

Beyond that it was a part of POTCO and is already a part of TLOPO, so has a nostalgia factor. :eek:
:pirate ship:

Last edited:
Stephen not having a Founders Tag could also upset or "cause issues" for a lot of people that were hoping for one, as can be seen by the poll and the popularity of this thread, since they already exist in TLOPO in one form.

Whether it makes people "feel" important is up to them, just like some "feel" important when they hit level 50.

The real question is, objectively, is it of benefit to the future of the game to have X number of Pirates with Founders Tags running around a few years into the future? I believe and many others do that it is, it not only adds a Positive Fun Atmosphere and intrigue but continues the "Lore" of how and when TLOPO started.

New Recruit: "Wow look at all those Founders, still here after 15 years, this games amazing!"

Which is why I have proposed the most impartial approach that I could think of and I encourage everyone to share their views on the most impartial way of doing this, if it is to be done at all.

Beyond that it was a part of POTCO and is already a part of TLOPO, so has a nostalgia factor. :eek:
Well, I understand but here is the issue... I've seen a lot of people act entitled or more important than other people. I've seen some treated like "kings" or "queens" in this community simply because they were famous/had Founders. Founders literally had zero meaning to it unless you paid early on. The requirement WAS TO PAY. If you beta tested but didn't pay in a certain time frame, you didn't get it. I don't really understand how having "founders" in a game makes it "more fun". It's literally a gold badge that absolutely shouldn't mean anything. Yet, people act like it means the world. The real fun comes from the game, I don't how having Founders makes the game more fun than those "blue badges". Of course, everyone supports this Founders idea, everybody wants those shiny fancy titles, but it really isn't worth the trouble. *Cough* just look at what happened on the other side of the tracks, it caused issues. Founders isn't even a part of TLOPO it's there so you can distinguish who is a staff member and who isn't. If you want to see the "lore" of the game 15 years down the road, go to the alpha screenshots and beta screenshots or read some news posts. A gold tag has absolutely nothing to do with the lore of the game. If people need a gold badge just to be happy while playing a game, perhaps they should really take a step back. I fully guarantee if they decided that no one would receive Founder badges, it wouldn't be the end of the world. As many FOUNDERS have stated, it wasn't that big of a deal and meant nothing. Yet, people hyped it up and all of a sudden we have threads and mass discussions about it. Keep it blue, mate.

Why cant we just scrap founders and think of a new idea? Maybe just add limited time quests that can be done in return for a cool badge that's unique only to that specific quest. This way players who do the quest will have something that is considered "rare," something that they can show off after the quest is no longer available. This would be a great way for beta players to show how long they have been in the community if the storyline/dev team decide to catch onto something like this and add limited time beta quests. Players can obviously choose if they want to do them.

Well that was interesting, you present yourself as being so distraught over people being... distraught, over a few lines of code. I personally don't like the title "founder" as I did not come up with any sort of Pirates of the Caribbean being the game, franchise, or history, or "found" any of it, if you will. However, I more am leaning more towards event based badges through out the game to act as timestamp, where as now being the "beta" based event. I will simply reiterate what I have said before as it's point still stands.

I highly doubt they would force it on you, you are certainly free to do whatever it is that makes you happy. I on the other hand feel like there should be event based tags for now and different ones later as it gives people an incentive, a chance to commune and share stories of events that happened in the past of the game later on. It will allow people to have something in common or something to discuss to where otherwise they would have not done so much to as even acknowledge each other. These tags are not merely for bragging rights but instead a timestamp, a milestone each of us will carry with us through the duration of the game to remind each other and teach new players where exactly this game started. I for one, will wear it with honor and gratitude to the developers.

I understand how you feel, thinking that people will use this as an opportunity to portray themselves as better than others, to use this badge or coin as an illusion of fame or being of a higher class... that being on a video game, but still. I do not have an answer that will solve all problems and make everyone happy, that being said it is also not my job. We are community though, we need to figure this out, as a community.

Well, I understand but here is the issue... I've seen a lot of people act entitled or more important than other people. I've seen some treated like "kings" or "queens" in this community simply because they were famous/had Founders. Founders literally had zero meaning to it unless you paid early on. The requirement WAS TO PAY. If you beta tested but didn't pay in a certain time frame, you didn't get it. I don't really understand how having "founders" in a game makes it "more fun". It's literally a gold badge that absolutely shouldn't mean anything. Yet, people act like it means the world. The real fun comes from the game, I don't how having Founders makes the game more fun than those "blue badges". Of course, everyone supports this Founders idea, everybody wants those shiny fancy titles, but it really isn't worth the trouble. *Cough* just look at what happened on the other side of the tracks, it caused issues. Founders isn't even a part of TLOPO it's there so you can distinguish who is a staff member and who isn't. If you want to see the "lore" of the game 15 years down the road, go to the alpha screenshots and beta screenshots or read some news posts. A gold tag has absolutely nothing to do with the lore of the game. If people need a gold badge just to be happy while playing a game, perhaps they should really take a step back. I fully guarantee if they decided that no one would receive Founder badges, it wouldn't be the end of the world. As many FOUNDERS have stated, it wasn't that big of a deal and meant nothing. Yet, people hyped it up and all of a sudden we have threads and mass discussions about it. Keep it blue, mate.
I still say Founders shouldn't be in TLOPO.

I still say Founders shouldn't be in TLOPO.
lol... but it already is:D

Which is why I do agree that maybe we need another Tag or Tags, or remove those Tags that already exist and replace them with others... the opportunities are many but having nothing doesn't add to the game, I think.

The game is awesome and fun, it's also the only MMO I've ever liked... lol

So personally I'm happy with whatever is decided and I think it's great we can decide it as a community, Disney never gave anyone that option.

The thing to realise is that this beginning phase is the only time it can be decided... it certainly won't make sense giving out, Alpha/Beta/Founders tags a year down the track;)

Last edited:
lol... but it already is:D

Which is why I do agree that maybe we need another Tag or Tags, or remove those Tags that already exist and replace them with others... the opportunities are many but having nothing doesn't add to the game, I don't think.

The game is awesome and fun, it's also the only MMO I've ever liked... lol

So personally I'm happy with whatever is decided and I think it's great we can decide it as a community, Disney never gave anyone that option.

The thing to realise is that this beginning phase is the only time it can be decided... it certainly won't make sense giving out, Alpha/Beta/Founders tags a year down the track;)
i change my mind, best thing that can be done is to have a poll on the website with "Yes founders, or No founders" then if no founders wins then no founders, if yes founders wins we then have a poll with how we will do it, so only people with keys, everyone, gold/silver coin, etc

This way, the majority is happy

That sounds perfect except for one thing -- what about those who would like to play more but are having to schedule a play time?? As for myself ... "3 hours ain't nothing". But that idea is the best I have heard. ;) I have not even been able to make my pirate yet :( but i will certainly make the most of whenever I can play!! Just so excited !!

Charolette that would be unfair on many people that have been Alpha testers etc. are sick or at work whatever, or don't have access to a PC on that particular moment for whatever reason.

Also we won't get the 1000's I think we need, even if The Crew decide they only want 100's my suggestion (as above) that everyone has a certain amount of time to clock up X amount of hours is far more impartial - no one can complain, everyone has had fair warning who qualifies ie. only Alpha testers, or Alpha Beta testers etc. and X amount of months to clock up say eg. 50-100 hrs.
How come you always write in a different color?

i change my mind, best thing that can be done is to have a poll on the website with "Yes founders, or No founders" then if no founders wins then no founders, if yes founders wins we then have a poll with how we will do it, so only people with keys, everyone, gold/silver coin, etc

This way, the majority is happy
Online polls aren't trustworthy. Too easily biased.

Just because you don't want it doesn't mean you gotta ruin it for everyone else, if you don't want a founder tag, you don't have to have it. Other people think it would be a cool idea
Well, I'm merely just presenting another side to the argument. My intention isn't to "ruin it for others" in fact, my reasoning behind it is because of those 20-30 people who will ruin it. In a perfect world where nobody would take advantage of it, yes, I would definitely love it. Once again, I'm not trying to be "the bad guy" or the "killjoy" I'm just pointing out what would happen. Funny how when someone disagrees they get painted as some person who has ill intentions.

Honestly. No. Founders in my opinion should be for people that worked with staff or are with the team itself. or else everyone would have it. and it will have no real purpose in the game.

Back