Sailing Full Sail and Ramming Speed out of Whack

C

Crashalot

Seems Full Sail and Ramming Speed have lost their, well, speed.
Not only are they irrelevantly slow now, they can't be used together in combo for a super speed blast.
Thanks!

I believe in potco you couldn't use them both at the same time. How many knots are you getting now vs before the update?

They both worked together before the last update.
Depending on chart/globe could get up to 34 knots, now down to 27.

Full Sail and Ramming Speed are never meant to stack to together in the first place. The combo stack was never intended for it. This is actually a TLOPO bug. It was fixed in 2019-08-16: tlopo-rc-v1.21.4.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Full Sail, Come About, and Ramming Speed to stack.

Full Sail and Ramming Speed are never meant to stack to together in the first place. The combo stack was never intended for it. This is actually a TLOPO bug. It was fixed in 2019-08-16: tlopo-rc-v1.21.4.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Full Sail, Come About, and Ramming Speed to stack.
I've stacked both since POTCO, so I'm not sure I can accept your comment.

it was always stackable on POTCO, and i think its fair to consume both skills like that for a quick getaway. Was a good tactical maneuver.

Some "bugs" that players actually enjoy you should ask the community first before fixing, since some of us liked that

Yeah from as far back as I can remember you could stack full sail and ramming speed. The only "glitch" was with turn about not cancelling full speed, which should have been fixed. Everyone like full speed and ramming speed stacking the way it was :p

I've stacked both since POTCO, so I'm not sure I can accept your comment.
It was never stackable on POTCO. If you read the description for Full Sail, Come About, and Ramming Speed it say that...
Full Sail - Coaxes a short burst of speed out of the ship. Interrupts the "Come About" Maneuver.
Come About
- Allows your ship to make a hard sudden turn. Interrupts the "Full Sail" Maneuver.
Ramming Speed
- Bear down upon an enemy vessel and ram it into splinter! Interrupts all other Sailing Maneuvers. (which means if you use Full Sail or Come About in the middle of it, then use ramming speed, it will get interrupts by it.)

It was never stackable on POTCO. If you read the description for Full Sail, Come About, and Ramming Speed it say that...
Full Sail - Coaxes a short burst of speed out of the ship. Interrupts the "Come About" Maneuver.
Come About
- Allows your ship to make a hard sudden turn. Interrupts the "Full Sail" Maneuver.
Ramming Speed
- Bear down upon an enemy vessel and ram it into splinter! Interrupts all other Sailing Maneuvers. (which means if you use Full Sail or Come About in the middle of it, then use ramming speed, it will get interrupts by it.)
It said it interrupted them but the glitch to use full sail first then ramming speed and have both stay was always present. And if the community liked it then it should be kept, but its the games choice I guess.

Yeah it's been around since potco, since way back before even the weapons update. It's always been like that, I don't know if it was intended by potco or an actual glitch they just never fixed (like ram glitch, because players enjoyed the glitch and it rewarded you for setting up sinks properly) but it was definitely around in potco

Those of us that actually played the old game, and paid attention, know better.
It was always possible to do both in POTCO.
Now, if TLOPO decided it was best to eliminate that, well then so be it. No drama.
Heck, maybe it improves the game.

Now that I think about it having both full sail and ramming speed in use at the same time isn't really a bad thing. If you're trying to escape from a group of ships attacking you at once then you'd use the full sail and ramming speed combo to ensure that you don't sink, especially if you're getting attacked by hunters/warships. I think the developers should just keep it the way it was and change the info.

The reason you could stack both in PotCO was server delay, meaning that it took awhile to realise it should cancel out full sail after hitting ramming speed but it would do it eventually. Personally after the fixing of the loot bug with ramming speed, and then heavily nerfing the weakest sailing ability I've lost a lot of faith in tlopo, ramming speed needs serious help to be anything remotely relevant now compared to full sail, which is simply superior.

The reason you could stack both in PotCO was server delay, meaning that it took awhile to realise it should cancel out full sail after hitting ramming speed but it would do it eventually. Personally after the fixing of the loot bug with ramming speed, and then heavily nerfing the weakest sailing ability I've lost a lot of faith in tlopo, ramming speed needs serious help to be anything remotely relevant now compared to full sail, which is simply superior.
Ramming speed also can disable your opponent for a duration of time so I’d argue it’s still pretty useful, especially in SvS. It still provides a great speed boost when you need to run away as well.

This is not true, it doesn't matter if the server delay is 300ms or 900ms if the client explicitly does not allow the 2 filter effects to be active at the same time one will still overwrite the other. And this is not a matter of server calculation because the server does not keep track of skill conflicts or inabilities. Its all client side.

The only code that exists to prevent the two being stacked is you can't use other skills while USING ramming speed but you can BEFORE using ramming speed. This was their lazy way of imposing no stacking. But if you had half a brain you could just use it before. TLOPO corrected that code to have one overwrite the other however whether or not that's a good change is up to each individual. Before ramming speed probably used some DisableShipControls or DisableSkillInterface or LockPlayer or Dazed or something like this internally to stop other skills being used.

Back