Graphics Problem Full screen Glitch Windows 10

POTCONick

Sea Legs
Recently i changed my display on tlopo to windows mode instead of full screen. When i tried to put it back to fulls screen it appeared all blurry and stretched, i looked at the resolutions for full screen and my resolution 1920 x 1080 wasn't there. But then i remembered that before i changed it to windows from firescreen the resolution was at 800 x 600 which i thought was weird because now when i put it to that it makes the game stretched and blurry and unplayable. I kept trying to play around with it and it started to almost break the game completely, it would make me crash and my computer would detect a virus and block the game. I tried reinstalling the game many times but the full screen wont work. I've used full screen since tlopo came out and ive never had this problem. Has anyone else had this problem and TLOPO is there any way you can fix it? Screenshot taken below.

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2020.03.28 - 21.51.18.72.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2020.03.28 - 21.51.18.72.png
    1 MB · Views: 485
Last edited:
The resolution selections is obviously currently broken. A workaround for this is to edit your "game_options.txt" file in your game's directory. Open this with a text editor and change the following lines:

Code:
fullscreen_width
fullscreen_height

fullscreen

Located in C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO OR C:\Program Files\TLOPO on windows. I'm unsure about MacOS, but the workaround would still work if you know where the location is.

The resolution selections is obviously currently broken. A workaround for this is to edit your "game_options.txt" file in your game's directory. Open this with a text editor and change the following lines:

Code:
fullscreen_width
fullscreen_height

fullscreen

Located in C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO OR C:\Program Files\TLOPO on windows. I'm unsure about MacOS, but the workaround would still work if you know where the location is.
If it's true that a game looks the best at the monitors native res, then could we input our specific res as well? I seem to remember doing this last year as someone posted the same info as you have...maybe even you.

If it's true that a game looks the best at the monitors native res, then could we input our specific res as well? I seem to remember doing this last year as someone posted the same info as you have...maybe even you.
Yes, you can put in whatever resolution you want or have! I tested to make sure it worked just now on my PC with my 2560x1440 monitor and it worked great.

Yes, you can put in whatever resolution you want or have! I tested to make sure it worked just now on my PC with my 2560x1440 monitor and it worked great.
Thanks, I thought I did it before. I think when you add that info, it also shows up on the graphic list as well.
Also, since we're in that folder, whats the resolution 1 mean?

Thanks, I thought I did it before. I think when you add that info, it also shows up on the graphic list as well.
Also, since we're in that folder, whats the resolution 1 mean?
In this case, "1" means "true" or enabled. Likewise, "0" would mean "false" or disabled.

In this case, "1" means "true" or enabled. Likewise, "0" would mean "false" or disabled.
Thank you. I thought that might be it, but wasn't sure.
Well, that worked of course. Interestingly, my res did not show up in choices. I could have sworn it did before Christmas.
Graphics look crisper and fps is improved enough for me to turn on some candy. However, doing so on my older gpu lags me out.
So, I have to sacrafice graphic improvement for fps. And vice versa. Whereas before, with the pre pizza, even with everything on blah, I was only getting 5 fps on boss groups. Tonight I was getting 9 to 11 with almost everything turned on.

Great job so far.

In relation to this: I can switch the resolution on mine in full screen, but I can not change it to a window. I'm on a mac and want to be able to play in a window - I like the versatility. But when I click the window option, it goes right back to fullscreen no matter how many times I click it. I've tried deleting the game and redownloading it, but I can't seem to find the issue.

In relation to this: I can switch the resolution on mine in full screen, but I can not change it to a window. I'm on a mac and want to be able to play in a window - I like the versatility. But when I click the window option, it goes right back to fullscreen no matter how many times I click it. I've tried deleting the game and redownloading it, but I can't seem to find the issue.
Update: A few weeks ago, I guess the system got updated, and now I can enter window mode again. Not sure exactly how, but there ya go.

Code:
fullscreen_width
fullscreen_height

fullscreen

This worked for me too!!!! Thank you for posting!!!

Back