Funny/Unexpected Famed Weapon Encounters!

Bort Greasegorb

Pirate Lord
This thread was made for some of my favorites moments that I had in POTCO; getting a famed out of the blue. Have you ever been going around killing enemies or helping someone with a quest and suddenly got a famed weapon or "common" bright? I'm pretty sure this has happened to all of us at least once. Feel free to post comments or screenshots (especially screenshots) of some of your most unexpected famed, legendary, or good bright encounters. I'll start- I was helping a level 27 friend level up his gun on the crabs at Tormenta and we were hoping for good loot, as well. Most of the loot was bad, being that we were looting on the only day of the closing event where the double loot bonus was not in progress. Then, suddenly, a crab popped out of the ground and I quickly finished it. Surely enough, it dropped a loot skull chest with some nice Swamp Throwing Knives inside! Here's a screenshot:
screenshot_2013-09-13_21-39-31.jpg
Other unexpected famed weapon encounters I had:
Executioner's Pistol, Loot Skull Chest, Undead Executioner level 25 next to Darkhart (Screened, on wiki)
Gatling Repeater Pistol, Loot Chest, Mercenary level ?? in Beckett's Quarry (Screened, on wiki)
Divine Sabre, Loot Skull Chest, Devourer Crab level 25 on Isla Tormenta (We were trying to kill a random teleporter with it!) (Screened, on wiki)
*Note: Try and steer away from discussing famed weapons appearing in chests and pouches at places like the Gold Room or South Idol. If it's from a fire bat or a spineskull, feel free to mention it, though.*

I got one. I was running through Port Royal on a Ideal server when suddenly a pirate asked me to guild him. While doing so, I saw a random Navy Cadet from up at the fort wondering the beaches. This Cadet was obviouslyfollowing a pirate, but when a pirate goes far away from the enemy the enemy will glitch and run all over the place. This bugs me quite a bit. So I usually kill them so that they can re-spawn normally in their right places. This Cadet was very grateful for me doing that, that he awarded me with a very pretty Bright Green Cotton Long Sleeve.

screenshot_2013-09-07_10-16-26.jpg

This thread was made for some of my favorites moments that I had in POTCO; getting a famed out of the blue.

Famed out of the blue huh? I'm guessing no pun intended :p

I don't have any pictures for these, but I got an El Patron from one of the Port Royal navy cadets, and a bejeweled broadsword from the crab boss on one of the wild islands.

Famed out of the blue huh? I'm guessing no pun intended :p

I don't have any pictures for these, but I got an El Patron from one of the Port Royal navy cadets, and a bejeweled broadsword from the crab boss on one of the wild islands.

Bejeweled broadsword from a crab boss sound fairly reasonable (considering my crabby experiences) but a Lost Sword from a Cadet sure sounds like the stretch. If what you say is true, nicely done!

Back