Future of the POTC films/franchise

I don’t think I can watch one without Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow to be honest. That being said...wow. I barely recognized him in that picture in this article.

I dont think he will be needed for future films. Will he be missed? Yes. But as most people say, the first movie was the best. And that movie focused on the relationship of Will and Elizabeth (the first two characters we meet) and how that evolves. Jack was there for comedic relief. There will be a new Jack, or a replacement for the comedy.

While this is certainly possible I wouldn't be so sure we wont see Depp in the next film. Seems like a "hot take" to me. Certainly parts of this are true and he may not return, but I wouldn't be sure of anything until Disney confirms it.

Pirates of the Caribbean isn't really Pirates of the Caribbean without Jack Sparrow. It wouldn't be the same at all. I'm not saying that it would be ruined or that they couldn't produce a good movie without him, but it wouldn't be "Pirates of the Caribbean."

Something I've been thinking Disney should do with the POTC series is what they did with the Star Wars series. Make movies about the past/history of a character as done with Rouge One and Solo. Maybe look into the history of Barbossa or Davy Jones? That'd awesome in my opinion.

Back