Screenshots Galaxy/Space Weather

Do you think space weather would be a good feature?

• Total voters

Divine

Pirate Lord
So i was messing around in photshop and thought of a cool weather idea, but either way they turned out to be some really nice photos!
weather1.jpg

weather2.jpg

weather3.jpg

weather4.jpg

weather5.jpg

All space images used: http://more-sky.com/group/wallpapers-galaxy/

Oceans...
Not the final frontier
These are the voyages of the War Frigate Riptide Phoenix
Its continuing mission:
To explore highly dangerous islands
To seek out new loot and new business opportunities
To boldly go where many people have gone before!

*music*

I do think that having a nice starry night sky (like the first and fourth image) would be a -really- cool feature, although I feel like if it went any further than the average stars/ maybe comets once in a while it might end up being too much/distracting.. overall I really love this idea, would be awesome to see it end up in game some day

Oceans...
Not the final frontier
These are the voyages of the War Frigate Riptide Phoenix
Its continuing mission:
To explore highly dangerous islands
To seek out new loot and new business opportunities
To boldly go where many people have gone before!

*music*
TLOSTO??

I do think that having a nice starry night sky (like the first and fourth image) would be a -really- cool feature, although I feel like if it went any further than the average stars/ maybe comets once in a while it might end up being too much/distracting.. overall I really love this idea, would be awesome to see it end up in game some day
I agree! :D

This game is set in the 1700s version of the Caribbean, not the gamma quadrant. I would love to see an updated skybox, with the MILKY WAY, not the planet xarfrog X23 from 19284796172591 lightyears away.

Great idea, and awesome looking pictures, but I would apply it closer to home.

Great idea, and awesome looking pictures, but I would apply it closer to home.

I do agree with this. In fact I think it can be done, not galaxies but certainly a colorful starry night while sailing. If you don't mind I will add this to the list of ideas I have and maybe make a wallpaper out of it. I'm sure there were open, cloudless nights when out in the ocean ;)

I do agree with this. In fact I think it can be done, not galaxies but certainly a colorful starry night while sailing. If you don't mind I will add this to the list of ideas I have and maybe make a wallpaper out of it. I'm sure there were open, cloudless nights when out in the ocean ;)
Nice! That would be awesome to see ingame. Also, just to clarify, when I said galaxy AKA the milky way, I meant from our perspective.

Example: http://images.fineartamerica.com/im...diumlarge/1/milky-way-in-cuba-keith-marsh.jpg

The above, is a picture of the sky from cuba, the milky way is brightly lit up here, so it is in my opinion, a good looking example of what things might have looked in the Caribbean before electricity took hold.

Nice! That would be awesome to see ingame. Also, just to clarify, when I said galaxy AKA the milky way, I meant from our perspective.

Example: http://images.fineartamerica.com/im...diumlarge/1/milky-way-in-cuba-keith-marsh.jpg

The above, is a picture of the sky from cuba, the milky way is brightly lit up here, so it is in my opinion, a good looking example of what things might have looked in the Caribbean before electricity took hold.

Yeah thats exactly how I was imagining it too :)

Back