Game Booster

LEO

Site Founder
This has been mentioned before here but briefly.

Game booster is a program kind of like an antivirus software that enhances computer performance By temporarily shutting background processes and unnecessary Windows services, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance, Game Booster 3 concentrates every little system resource for gaming only.

This is not a cheat or a hacking program as it does not effect the game but instead optimizes the computer. Now this will not assure you a free lag experience but it might help you. Or maybe not. But I hope it does.

Here is a link to it:
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

I don't find it much of a difference for myself since my RAM usage never went above 25% with POTCO... Anyway, if you don't want to use this, you can also do what this does manually which is closing services which i believe is through the task manager. Might take longer though.

You can also go into msconfig and see what programs are launching at start up. There are many programs that are not necessary at start up. Those are the ones that will be secretly running in the background all the time and will add to the lag issues in any game.

However, I do NOT recommend that you enter the msconfig UNLESS you know what you are doing. AND DO NOT stop programs from starting at the start up unless you know for sure what they are and IF they are not necessary. You do not want to stop your AVP from starting at start up, but a messenger program can be disabled at start up.

Any program that has to do with an AVP or the computer manufacturer is a necessary program so therefore do not disable those. Anything that you have added to the computer like a messenger program (yahoo, msn messenger) can be disabled. The programs that you have added sometimes are constantly running to look for updates. If you like to manually look for updates to any program, then they can also be disabled from start up (Kodack, Java, Adobe, etc.).

I recommend though that if you want to do this, you first do some research to find out which programs are unnecessary. I only know which on my computer are because of the many times I've had to call some tech service for help with something.

However, the safest way to end a program that is running in the back ground is to go to the tray at the bottom of the screen and click on the triangle.
tray.png

When you do so you will pull up the tray with all the programs running in the background. There you can right click on an icon and the choose "close" or "stop running."

tray2.png

I suggest doing this first before going into msconfig. If you are still having problems with lag then try the msconfig and disabling unnecessary programs that are starting when the computer starts up.

This has been mentioned before here but briefly.

Game booster is a program kind of like an antivirus software that enhances computer performance By temporarily shutting background processes and unnecessary Windows services, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance, Game Booster 3 concentrates every little system resource for gaming only.

This is not a cheat or a hacking program as it does not effect the game but instead optimizes the computer. Now this will not assure you a free lag experience but it might help you. Or maybe not. But I hope it does.

Here is a link to it:
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
Is it availble for mac? i dont think it is i already have a mac mini but could make it "unlagable" lol

Is it availble for mac? i dont think it is i already have a mac mini but could make it "unlagable" lol
Since I don't use a game... or specifically don't really know much about this other than what they clearly state it does, I don't know.

Looking at the system requirements however, it lists only Microsoft windows operating systems so I'm guessing it doesn't work for Macs

Try Version 3.5 beta to experience fantastic new features in advance
+ Higher FPS and less lags​
+ Added video recording function when playing 3D games​
+ Added screenshot capture function when playing 3D games​
+ Added voice recording function when playing games​
+ Added more supported languages​
+ Fixed bugs in the previous version​

Try Version 3.5 beta to experience fantastic new features in advance
+ Higher FPS and less lags​
+ Added video recording function when playing 3D games​
+ Added screenshot capture function when playing 3D games​
+ Added voice recording function when playing games​
+ Added more supported languages​
+ Fixed bugs in the previous version​
The recording seems like a nice thing... I hope it will remain free throughout though. They could just change it to pay to unlock more features

The recording seems like a nice thing... I hope it will remain free throughout though. They could just change it to pay to unlock more features
It sounds good, I might download the beta. They have other products to make money off of, so I guess it'll be free. Actually a while a go you did have to pay for it, but it went free. But I know I read somewhere they were stopping development, so I'm not sure what all is going on..

It sounds good, I might download the beta. They have other products to make money off of, so I guess it'll be free. Actually a while a go you did have to pay for it, but it went free. But I know I read somewhere they were stopping development, so I'm not sure what all is going on..
Doesnt sound like they are stopping development if they just released a beta version lol... I downloaded btw... gonna try the recorder which now im thinking is for FPS games only...

All the extra features require money to keep up. On the website it says free download until June 30th... Does that mean those who have it installed before that date can keep it free? Sounds doubtful but the way they wrote it one can think it will be free for users before that date.

I like how it shows the temperature on the bottom.

Back