Request Game Stability

AR4ever

Swashbuckler
Firstly, I appreciate whoever brought this game back (and for free). The time, energy and finances that undertaking entailed surely was massive! Thanks!

However, the game is very unstable. I am disconnected constantly (at the loss of major treasures usually). I play Wizard101, Pirate101 and LotRo , with thousands online playing at a given moment, and am seldom, if ever, disconnected. What is it that makes those games more stable?

Thanks again for the effort so far.

Last edited:
A team of people whose job is to develop a game and are paid for it, vs a game whose team are volunteer hobbyists and don't get paid. Also not to mention the difficulty of working with an enormous code base originally developed by Disney in an old game engine.

Firstly, I appreciate whoever brought this game back (and for free). The time, energy and finances that undertaking entailed surely was massive! Thanks!

However, the game is very unstable. I am disconnected constantly (at the loss of major treasures usually). I play Wizard101, Pirate101 and LotRo , with thousands online playing at a given moment, and am seldom, if ever, disconnected. What is it that makes those games more stable?

Thanks again for the effort so far.
Good job, you contributed nothing but a complaint worded nicely.

Rethink your "suggestions" next time.

Most suggestions begin with a complaint or criticism.
Think before you troll.

Correction: A suggestion implies that you have a solution other then a vague statement of "X game is better" or "Fix crashing!"

In answer to your question about "What is it that makes those games more stable?" I'm no expert in sever management, but I'm going to guess it has something to do with the developers doing this totally out of pocket, hosting an entire game of over a thousand people on one or two towers in the lead devs basement.

Considering all of that, be grateful that they even bothered to unwrap the mess of code disney encrypted the local files with, let alone turn it into a working game.

I personally don't care how unstable TLOPO currently is, and I don't care how high functioning Wizard101 or Pirate101 are. TLOPO had Mood Rock, and therefore it was, is, and will always be better.

Back