Announcement Game & Web Server Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
8/13/2016 @ 5:16PM EDT:

Website is operational. Further updates will be deployed soon.

The production gameserver is offline until further notice. There was a DDoS attack in the process of our deployment and it nullrouted parts of our server. We cannot do anything until the DDoS subsides and our host removes the nullroute. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
8/14/2016 10:54PM EDT:

The login servers are offline due to a DDoS attack. We are getting DDoS protected login servers soon, so this should not be an issue for much longer. We apologize for the inconvenience, we are unable to do anything about it until the nullroute is removed.

I received these in my inbox from our host as well:
Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 10.53.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 10.53.42 PM.png

Last edited:
8/15/2016 6:52PM:

We are migrating our login servers onto a different host which offers quality DDoS protection, the migration is expected to take no longer than one day. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regarding gameserver-ny-1.tlopo.com:

Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 6.43.06 PM.png

Our host has given us a permanent nullroute due to the 24-hour DDoS attacks that have been occurring. Considering that I am paying for gameserver-ny-1 by the hour, and its currently inaccessible state, there is no point in keeping it active. I'm just going to destroy it to save funds. We will have the new server online hopefully tomorrow.

We apologize for the inconvenience. It's a shame that a bunch of trolls with a shiny botnet can be able to cause so much havoc.

8/17/2016 @ 4:12PM EDT:

We've become aware of some issues regarding latency (delay) with our servers, causing people to disconnect a lot or take a while to log in. We're working on solving this issue and appreciate your patience. Currently, our log in servers are located in Las Vegas and Quebec, so if you live a considerable distance away from either of these locations, this may be why you are experiencing problems.

A brief explanation of the scenario:
Each of our login servers are now outside of our internal cluster's datacenter. So in order to play the game, you are effectively "traveling" farther with the connection. It used to be this:

You <-> NYC <-> You.

However, with these DDoS protected services, and depending on which you're logged into, you are connecting as this:

You <-> Las Vegas <-> NYC <-> Las Vegas <-> You
OR
You <-> Quebec <-> NYC <-> Quebec <-> You.

So in a nutshell: the further you travel with the connection, the more time it takes to make the connection. I'm afraid all you can do is keeping trying to log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back