Idea Gathering/Crafting

Alesaris

Swashbuckler
I'll admit, I haven't played TLOPO in a couple months. However, I check the website weekly for updates because I really do love this game and want to see it be successful. With that said, one main reason I take so many breaks from this game is that simply there is not enough to do. I absolutely love looting, it is probably my most sought after aspect of any MMO: rolling the dice and hoping you see that red frame in your skull chest! However, obviously looting becomes discouraging and monotonous after awhile. One suggestion I have to vastly improve the end game of TLOPO is implement some form of gathering/crafting system. What will you craft? I have absolutely no idea. However, one thing I think a gathering skill would entail is going to say driftwood and slaying crabs to obtain crab claws or crab meat, going to Perdida and gathering wasp stingers, etc. What these materials would be used for I really can't think, other than some kind of potion system (Yay...). However, the whole reason I bring this point up is because I constantly found myself logging into Tortuga... going to tormenta... logging off. Every other island perhaps from the occasional DH or Foulberto grind were just completely ignored. Having an incentive to utilize the entire game and every enemy in some fashion that is useful to high level pirates would add so much life to the game. I don't even think this would be remotely hard to add either, as it's simply another loot drop and then some form of crafting/trade-in system to make these materials somewhat useful. Does this fix the fact there is no real end game? No, but it adds an extra element that almost every modern MMO requires for long-term viability.

Personally I don't like crafting in any game.. but this might be helpful and give other people something to do.
Maybe you could melt down certain weapons for iron, steel, etc.

Back