Gathering Looting Information

Nothing is impossible. And no ones right about a strategy. Until a developer weighs in it's just a unproven strategy that has shown to be more beneficial with the technique than some others. No one person is right just because of an idea based on a handful of other members.

And really, how silly is it for people to waste time not leveling up or skipping quests so as to not improve to a theorized level to AVOID getting a legendary? Something that is already very difficult for most people to even get a freeze? And we're discussing how valid such a strategy is?
Actually, the full absurdity of what this hijacked thread has devolved to just hit me.
Since we haven't heard from every single player in the game whether or not they've looted weapons more than 5 levels higher than their level in a given skill, we can't know for 100%, but at this point we can know beyond a reasonable doubt that it is true. I have done my own testing on this and it definitely works.

P.S., a scientific theory is something that has been proven beyond reasonable doubt to be true (i.e., the theory of gravity, the theory of evolution). A theory is the highest level of certainty within the scientific method.

It's an induction thing. We can't point to a piece of code to verify that this rule is true, but we know from experience that it is.

Several prominent players have exploited this rule by creating a new pirate whose dagger level is limited to 24, but all other weapon levels are maxed to 30. The aim of this is to make it impossible for that pirate to find Silver Freeze. To date, no such pirate employing this strategy has found Silver Freeze. Similar strategies have been used to dodge legendary swords as well - and they've worked 100% of the time. The odds of this happening by chance are near-impossible.

If you want to test this yourself, you could just make a new pirate and keep track of the level requirements of the weapons you find as you level up your sword. I will bet you whatever amount of money you choose that you'll never find a sword with a requirement greater than five levels beyond your current sword level.

It's just positive verification. If X is true, we expect to observe Y phenomena when Z conditions are satisfied. We observe Y only when Z are satisfied, so either X or a strong correlate of X is true.

We've also found exceptions to this; this condition has no effect on sailing loot. I've found steel cannon ram on a pirate with level 1 cannon.
What was your sailing level when you found the Steel Ram? I've always guessed that since rams can be used in both sailing and cannoneering you can start getting rams when either of the two reach the required level.

We've also found exceptions to this; this condition has no effect on sailing loot. I've found steel cannon ram on a pirate with level 1 cannon.

Is it an exception though? What was the level of the captain? Isn't sailing loot determined by everyone who's on board?

Is it an exception though? What was the level of the captain? Isn't sailing loot determined by everyone who's on board?
I don't think it can be based on the captain, since the restriction applies to the crew member's land items but not his sea items.

I don't think it can be based on the captain, since the restriction applies to the crew member's land items but not his sea items.
OK, bro. You know the code a lot better than I do. I thought the restriction/calculation might be operative for all battles.

Back