Discussion General Discussion! Let's have a brainstorming round!

Aetherion

Honorable Pirate
What are ways that the TLOPO team could advertise the game, and bring in players new and old, without violating any copyright infringement laws. (EX: Cannot lead to any donations, payment, or revenue of any kind. A social media blast would be a good example.)

Shoot your ideas out, and perhaps we can make some of the easier ones happen together, without any support from the admins!

But why? So many whys.... but mostly why bring in more players in beta at all? , when servers are strained now..... the game is still in beta even if its open beta. Its at a great place in development, and I think new players are finding it well on their own or by word of mouth from current players right now. As far as your admin comment..... without the devs and admins advocating.... we would still be missing this game, longing for someone to bring it back to us.

I know TLOPO have a Facebook page and Instagram. I believe they are also on twitter.
New members are joining the forums daily (I cannot say for TLOPO) and it's great people are managing to find us :)

Follow in the steps of what TTR did; somehow press forward towards "acquiring" an interview with a very public/very popular media outlet...at some point in TLOPO's life, maybe. Such exposure could pave the way for future fan-remakes I feel (along with promoting further TLOPO).

*There is far too much misunderstanding (globally) of how fan-remakes of MMO's should really end up and in whose hands also, they should end up. Would actually be nice for the SECRETIVE run-around to be addressed in a formal, intellectual way for purpose of both sides (fans v.s. intellectual property right owners) to be in agreement with the fate of a game which more or less ends up becoming "abandonware."

Until the issue itself is fully addressed by gaming companies, it is currently anyone's guess as to how the fate of a game's life moves beyond the pedestal ownership of intellectual property right owners . (What's sad about this is, everyone loses when a lack of communication leads to misunderstandings and/or conflict-of-interest).

Keep it real, be genuine, and keep communication open and transparent (should become the 'motto' lesson for all parties involved)!

Back