George Yellowfish; A Tale

The sun was up. Nothing unsual, aye? A day left between the salty water & blue sky, almost as if it somehow connected together.
Reminded me of the old days, or was it the current, days...? Which day was it? Ah, yes...

Back when I was a boy... no, really- I used to be a youngin', don't believe me? Wonder how I got this beard, this long, pulled back hair... this manly chest- I'm getting a bit off-topic, savvy...?

Alright, i'll tell you the story of when I was only of 12 months, a year! A full, blasted year, I was. As a child, I don't remember much, but there was a diary I found, my parents wrote a lot about their voyage from Port Royal to Tortuga, but I don't want to bore you with all of that. So i'll analyze, and make it "interesting" for you, swavy pirate you.

Me two parents, Chip & Hellen were trying to make more money for me, to get me an education, so I didn't have to go into this life of crime, piracy, plunderin' - and now I look back and... I get angry! Blasted! I wanted to be a pirate, always... well, when I was 12 months, I wasn't thinking about all of that. I was thinking about the blue sky... the salty ocean... everything back then, was... simple.

My parents wanted a better life for me, they had horrid jobs. My dad sold cargo and my mother made clothing. You could say that's successful, aye? They were severely underpaid, those darn Navy & EITC soldiers... jippin' our family of freedom, pride, the way of capitalism...

In the middle of our voyage, a giant SEA squid attacked the boat! Suddenly, without any warning. I wish there was more plot behind this, but it just- happened... like it was destiny, almost.

Then, I washed up to the shore, a 12 month old baby I'was. Two people, married, picked me up. Their names were also... Chip & Hellen. They've always wanted a baby, but they did the responsible- They looked to find my real parents, only to find out... the ship I was casted on was sunken... along w/ me dear parents...

They raised me well, about 12 they asked me what I wanted to make of myself...

"I want to be a pirate!"

"George, what'll that do ye? Get yerself stabbed, punctured! No, you'll join the jewelry business with your parents..."

My father would always say that, but he wasn't really my father. He took me in, aye. Rose me under his wing, I made fine jewelry with Chip number 2...

But I left them behind, ran away... took whatever Gold I could get my hands on, sailed back to Port Royal, to start a new life... a pirates life.

And I was darned that that life, was for me.

And I never regretted a thing. And here we are now! Haha!

Back