Giant ball of fire

What do you think caused this?

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Hacker

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Glitch

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
So when I got on Andaba on November 1st, this ball of fire appeared on Tortuga beach and I thought it was a hacker but I don't know. Anyways here is the picture.

screenshot_2018-11-01_19-41-47.jpg

Ahoy, Captain Ethan.

Though it isn't clear as to what causes this inferno on Tortuga Beach, it has been present for years on end in the same spot, so there's a high chance that the Development team has taken notice of it's presence, but have decided to leave it in-game since it doesn't really do anything negative toward a player's experience save from say, not being able to see past it.

And just a monetary reply for the Staff, I love doing that little trick. It was super prevalent in POTCO, and since then not many know how to do it.

All things aside, though, I think it's safe to say that the ball of fire on Tortuga's side beach was an unintended bug, but many players have made great use of it. Say, for example, your signature!

Fair Winds!

Last edited:
It seems to happen when they activate certain holidays or events (ie the Hollowed Woods event). Perhaps they don't have it properly disabled during this event on accident.

I believe it's the remnant of the bonfire that is present in the Brethren Feast Thanksgiving event, but I could be wrong about that. It seems to model the size of the Bonfire relatively well.

Sorry, but that's actually a sign of impending doom, or great celebrations...

I believe it's for the Thanksgiving festival and feast to roast pig for the holidays.
But right now it's an opportunity for pirates to recycle mats and clothes by burning them on the bonfire. Tortuga will take most recyclables on the bonfire but no plastics.
I've cleared out all my old rum bottles and empty chests I had down in the hold.
It's also very handy to warm up my pitch to patch my ship.

Ahoy, Captain Ethan.

Though it isn't clear as to what causes this inferno on Tortuga Beach, it has been present for years on end in the same spot, so there's a high chance that the Development team has taken notice of it's presence, but have decided to leave it in-game since it doesn't really do anything negative toward a player's experience save from say, not being able to see past it.

And just a monetary reply for the Staff, I love doing that little trick. It was super prevalent in POTCO, and since then not many know how to do it.

All things aside, though, I think it's safe to say that the ball of fire on Tortuga's side beach was an unintended bug, but many players have made great use of it. Say, for example, your signature!

Fair Winds!
During certain holiday events (e.g.) Thanksgiving, when it gets close to that time the developers activate a little bonfire with a pig roasting in it to celebrate Thanksgiving! sometimes different events trigger the bonfire i.e Hallowed Woods, Christmas, fireworks, Etc.

During certain holiday events (e.g.) Thanksgiving, when it gets close to that time the developers activate a little bonfire with a pig roasting in it to celebrate Thanksgiving! sometimes different events trigger the bonfire i.e Hallowed Woods, Christmas, fireworks, Etc.
Best way to describe this giant ball of fire

Back