Girls vs Boys SVS

Would you like to participate in a Girls Vs Boys SVS event?

• Yes! Bring it ON.

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No thanks

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kat Five Knives

A group of us are thinking about organizing a Girl pirate versus Boy Pirate SVS event on Sunday night. The rules would be:

1. Girls - French Side, Boys - Spanish Side ( honor system)
2. It does not matter what you are in real life - only what gender your pirate is.
3. If your side is full, DO NOT join the other side. See if you can board a ship already in play on your side.
4. The event will last one hour.
5. Scores would be totaled to determine winner at the end of the hour, and published here on the forums.
6. Any ship leaving the SVS area will have their score disqualified, as determined by judges in non-svs ships stationed around the SVS area.

If this sounds like something you would like to participate in, please vote so we can determine if there is enough interest to organize it. If you are interested in being a Judge for the event, send me a PM. Judge ship locations will be published so the players will know where the boundaries are.

Thanks
KFK

This sounds pretty cool except that I'm not really for pitting the "unspeakables" against each other even for fun. I prefer more coed type activities where we work together as equals and where any differences are those of the individuals rather than any groups or perceived groups based on cultural constructs.

I think this would be an awesome event. Great way to bring the community together for a fun 'battle of the ***es'

A group of us are thinking about organizing a Girl pirate versus Boy Pirate SVS event on Sunday night. The rules would be:

1. Girls - French Side, Boys - Spanish Side ( honor system)
2. It does not matter what you are in real life - only what gender your pirate is.
3. If your side is full, DO NOT join the other side. See if you can board a ship already in play on your side.
4. The event will last one hour.
5. Scores would be totaled to determine winner at the end of the hour, and published here on the forums.
6. Any ship leaving the SVS area will have their score disqualified, as determined by judges in non-svs ships stationed around the SVS area.

If this sounds like something you would like to participate in, please vote so we can determine if there is enough interest to organize it. If you are interested in being a Judge for the event, send me a PM. Judge ship locations will be published so the players will know where the boundaries are.

Thanks
KFK
I don't see why not.

This sounds pretty cool except that I'm not really for pitting the "unspeakables" against each other even for fun. I prefer more coed type activities where we work together as equals and where any differences are those of the individuals rather than any groups or perceived groups based on cultural constructs.

I can respect that. However, given that the gender of a pirate is about as meaningful as hair color, it's really just a trivial distinction. Many female pirates have males behind the mouse and many male pirates have females behind the screen. We could just as easily say "Short Pirates" vs "Tall Pirates" but that would be more difficult to define. Male and female are easy to distinguish, at least in this game. It's just for fun anyway :) and not intended to be any type of political, religious, or social statement at all.

KFK

I can respect that. However, given that the gender of a pirate is about as meaningful as hair color, it's really just a trivial distinction. Many female pirates have males behind the mouse and many male pirates have females behind the screen. We could just as easily say "Short Pirates" vs "Tall Pirates" but that would be more difficult to define. Male and female are easy to distinguish, at least in this game. It's just for fun anyway :) and not intended to be any type of political, religious, or social statement at all.

KFK
Yeah, didn't really mean to say it was a bad idea, just that I personally am not into the battle of the "unspeakables" and I can see why some may find it objectionable even if it were like in the Shakespearean era where all the parts were played by men or vice versa all women. It's the symbolism that counts not the reality.

Um, I don't really see the point of "gender" battles here, especially since there's no concern over what gender the players really are, not that it matters, making it seem trivial or pointless? But hey, if it's gonna help you have fun, then go for it!

I'm young and clueless. What are unspeakables?

Your over complication of this subject is making me cringe. It's a game.
ok, I have deleted about a 5 paragraph response to this. Gah, you pushed me to say way more than I intended and you are right that this contest is no big deal, just don't give us the "it's just a game " excuse. Games are as big of an offender as anything in propagating unspeakable views.

ok, I have deleted about a 5 paragraph response to this. Gah, you pushed me to say way more than I intended and you are right that this contest is no big deal, just don't give us the "it's just a game " excuse. Games are as big of an offender as anything in propagating unspeakable views.
What in the world are you going on about.
Don't answer that.

What in the world are you going on about.
Don't answer that.
Why did you make a comment about this that includes a question without a question mark and then specifically ask that I not answer it? Is it just to show me and others that you are irritated by my comments? If so, maybe you should be more explicit. I really fail to see how your comment is relevant to the thread or any tangent comment and really seems more like a personal attack. I've got nothing against the contest and only wanted to point out the gender centric nature of it. You should note that I have not answered your question and have no need to do so, I'm sure we all can be thankful for that, lol

Why did you make a comment about this that includes a question without a question mark and then specifically ask that I not answer it? Is it just to show me and others that you are irritated by my comments? If so, maybe you should be more explicit. I really fail to see how your comment is relevant to the thread or any tangent comment and really seems more like a personal attack. I've got nothing against the contest and only wanted to point out the gender centric nature of it. You should note that I have not answered your question and have no need to do so, I'm sure we all can be thankful for that, lol

Thank you Eric for being considerate of my request and yes it is duly noted.
GL

The current plan is to begin around 9 PM EAstern time tomorrow. Plans should be solidified by midnight tonight to make sure everybody knows all the details. Check this thread tomorrow morning for last minute information.

Back