Give Mastered Pirates more Things to Do

Roger McCastle

Dockworker
So first of all I think it would be really cool if pirates who have mastered sailing could buy Ships of the Line and have them be like 200k gold.

Also increasing the maximum level on pirates to level 60 would be awesome and weapons to 40.

For the Old Islands, I think it would be cool to have a quest where you have to find a portal on Isla Escondida where you can go back to the old islands since it would be a bit awkward to have them in the same area as the new islands. Another thing is that some of the NPC's were removed after the main islands were redone but some of them appeared as ghosts in Hallowed Woods so it would be cool if that could be explained.

I think it would be cool to have a quest where you have to find a portal on Isla Escondida where you can go back to the old islands since it would be a bit awkward to have them in the same area as the new islands.
I don't agree with the level 60 part mainly cuz of nostalgia and Ships of the Line was offered in POTCO only because it was shuting down, I don't want it to be added just for the heck of it.

But the part I quoted I like the idea of it.

I agree with Fred. Currently I think the level cap is fine but maybe whenever the new islands come out then they can raise it...
The weapon level cap hopefully more weapon skills are added as well if this happens. Hopefully fishing and specifically potions remains at level 20 for max..

most of the time i dont even play because in maxed and looting is reltively boring id as ops suggestion states love a level(for weapons) cap increase and a ship of the line but maybe insted of 200k why not 300k? and should we be allowed to upgrade it each upgrade would require 300k gold and alittle bit more mats required than a war brig
as per an actual level increase maybe just up to 55 would be good give us a reason to keep grinding on the same pirate

Perhaps the new-old islands could be the destination to level to some higher level. Say you have to be 35 to even locate the new area and then the higher enemies and such would help level 35's to level faster or more efficient and give 50's something to do to gain new rep.
Tie all the quests between 35 and 50 into quests in the new area in such a way so people won't just skip everything for the new content. Make back and forth quests so the main iselands are not forgotten. In other games when an expansion comes out so many players just give up the current stuff and jump to the new stuff. It's human nature.

I mean don't make it a penalty for leveling, but allow people to jump there (new stuff) if they want while connecting things for people that like to experience the whole ride. Allow people the choice of what road to take.

I think changing the level of weapons up to 40 (and I assume also giving them 10 more skill points) would not really improve the game. Increasing the amount of skill points without adding more skills to put them into would just serve to dilute variability in skill tree setups, which is a core component of the game.

Ship of the line sounds intriguing if it could be balanced well enough!

I think changing the level of weapons up to 40 (and I assume also giving them 10 more skill points) would not really improve the game. Increasing the amount of skill points without adding more skills to put them into would just serve to dilute variability in skill tree setups, which is a core component of the game.

Ship of the line sounds intriguing if it could be balanced well enough!
my suggestion on how to ballance sol.... shipload of hp turns like a brick and is about as fast as a brick(6 or 7 knots) counting guns on the npc ones they look like to have less broadside guns perside than a war galleon as is

my suggestion on how to ballance sol.... shipload of hp turns like a brick and is about as fast as a brick(6 or 7 knots) counting guns on the npc ones they look like to have less broadside guns perside than a war galleon as is

Funny enough, Ships of the Line (in current time) have the exact same amount of Broadsides that are available to War Galleons, with the exception of the HMS Goliath, which only has 9 guns per side (totaling to 18).

I won't really get into ship balance on this post (Perhaps another post solely on this discussion is in order), but I do think it would be a finicky balancing process, which may involve modifying characteristics on other ships to better fit their playstyles.

So first of all I think it would be really cool if pirates who have mastered sailing could buy Ships of the Line and have them be like 200k gold.

Also increasing the maximum level on pirates to level 60 would be awesome and weapons to 40.

For the Old Islands, I think it would be cool to have a quest where you have to find a portal on Isla Escondida where you can go back to the old islands since it would be a bit awkward to have them in the same area as the new islands. Another thing is that some of the NPC's were removed after the main islands were redone but some of them appeared as ghosts in Hallowed Woods so it would be cool if that could be explained.

As much as I think the addition of post-Level 50 content is interesting, there's no finite way to do it without first adding a buffer, at least in my opinion. Ships of the Line would most likely take a considerable amount of balance testing (if at all.), and as @Ned_Reddavis stated prior, adding a further cap to weapons (and therein skill points) is a bit of a lackluster process without the further addition of the extra weapon skills, or perhaps a larger gap in skill mechanics to make some more viable.

Level 60 would be cool, I guess, but again provides no sufficient advantage minus a little bit of an HP raise, and perhaps decreasing the difficulty gap against current in-game opponents (Such as gold room, Forsaken Shallows, etc.). And to the final idea regarding the implementation of the previously styled base-game islands, I don't think it'll be a problem for them to add them into the map as their own entity, as they won't have anything to do with the current game's Port Royal, Tortuga, or Padres. <-- (This is where I invite a content developer to drop hints. ;) )

That being said, that's kind of my mindset in regards to a post like this, but ideas are always appreciated.

Fair Winds,

Misha

Raising the cap on levels for noto & weapons does nothing imo as many of us have made & leveled alts. I just don't see that as anything "exciting" to do for many of us... it all becomes just a "wash, rinse repeat syndrome" we already have

Back