Glitches I remember.

Dog Plunderhawk

Pirate Apprentice
Here is a list of some POTCO glitches that I remember. Some are probably common but some few have heard of.

1. Two-Way Building Glitch
There was an area in Port Royal where one could jump between a wall and some barrels; if you did it just right, you would end up inside the geometry of the building, and you could see through it's walls but nobody could see you inside. Had a lot of fun with this glitch...

2. Raven's Cove Falling Glitch
At certain areas in Raven's Cove, if you jumped off of the bridge, you could get stuck falling on the rocks below.

3. Davy Jones' Locker Glitch of Doom

Occasionally while I was on board a ship with other crew members, suddenly everything phased out for a second, and then:
-All of the crew members seem to have disappeared except you.
-Everything around the ship also disappears; other ships, islands, the water, even the sky.
-Certain areas of the ship become walk-through, and it is possible to walk off of the ship. If you walk off, you fall and stop about where the bottom of the ship is, stuck in falling animation.
-Chats, teleports, and anything else to do with communication to the rest of the world was impossible. The only way to escape was to leave and rejoin.
The glitch gets it's name from the fact that it looks suspiciously like you were somehow transported to Davy Jones' Locker: you alone on the ship, with only the emptiness around you to keep you company...

4. Dimensional Swamp Glitch

A few times, I would be traveling in Misty Mire or some other swamp area, when suddenly, everything phases out for a second (similar to Davy Jones glitch). Then, if you try to leave the swamp area, the outer area of the warp tunnel is missing, replaced by white light at the end. If you try to enter it, you walk outside the level into a void also similar to Davy Jones glitch. However, there were two major differences:
-Walking would also move your character upwards a bit as if walking on a gentle slope. You would float off of the ground and continue rising the more you walked. Likewise, walking backwards would move you downwards, even underground.
-You could see other players in the level; they don't disappear. I don't remember if they could see me or not, but you could see them, and they could travel through the tunnel as normal, even though it was broken for you.

5. Ghost Grenadier Glitch

In that cave with the undead grenadiers, the grenadiers would often hide inside the wall, and throw grenades at you from within it. Sometimes they were near enough to the edge to hit them, but even then, the loot they dropped would be usually unreachable.

6. Man Overboard Glitch

Most people know what it is, but for those who don't know: on Galleons and War Galleons, there was an area between the wall and the cannon where you could glitch through the border of the ship, causing you to float off the ship. Some say it requires Swift Foot potion to be used; however, after several tries I would usually be able to without Swift Foot.

7. Knockout Glitch

Sometimes during invasions, after being knocked out I (and often other people) would still be able to move, but still in knockout animation so it looked like we were crabwalking/gliding across the ground.

8. Cave Ghost Glitch

In that cave where Jolly Roger dwells, there was an area between the rocks that could be used to move around within the cave's geometry (the elevation walking thing from #4 was also present), even walking up to Jolly Roger himself.

9. Revenge of Jolly Roger Glitch

A few times during invasions, Jolly Roger would somehow become unbeatable and be able to get to his goal with ease. This one was probably fixed at some point though, as it stopped happening after one update.

10. Swamp Battle Glitch

Certain swamp enemies, especially when near a ravine, would teleport underground or inside the ravine and still be able to attack you.

11. Mysterious Fire Glitch

During invasions, sometimes a weird ball of fire would appear in midair at the center of the jail and last at least to the end of the invasion, often longer. The fire had no effect on players, and was relatively large.

12. Inside Outside Glitch

If you climbed up one of the stairways at Kingshead and jumped onto the jail from above, you would glitch into the exterior of the building (similar to #1), but not inside of the actual jail interior dimension.

13. Ghost Island Glitch of Frustration

On some servers, certain islands could not be ported at, as well as the ability to sail through them.

14. Jail Ownership Glitch

If you were inside of an empty jail, and someone else respawned inside that jail then left the game, you would be trapped inside of the jail until you either rejoined or someone else respawned.

I remember the Invincibility Glitch. There were two ways to do it. 1. Get the attention of an enemy near the docks of the island you want invincibility on, then got to a dinghy and let the enemy kill you. Right when the killing blow lands, press shift to open the ship launch menu and launch a ship. Have another player revive you and voila, you're invincible. 2. Its the same principle as the first one, but instead of attracting an enemy to kill you, use the self-damage from grenades to kill yourself.

Now there was a downside to this glitch. Once you performed it, you could not enter any buildings or caves and you couldn't leave the island you did the glitch on. The only way you could get rid of the glitch was to log off and back on again. This glitch was best used (and usually was) before an invasion so that you could defend your allies. It was best coupled with the Swift Foot Glitch.

1. Two-Way Building Glitch
There was an area in Port Royal where one could jump between a wall and some barrels; if you did it just right, you would end up inside the geometry of the building, and you could see through it's walls but nobody could see you inside. Had a lot of fun with this glitch...

I did the same thing on Ravens Cove before Potco shut down. I would run straight at a certain point on the building where I would end up inside of the building and could see everything around me. When a rage ghost passed by I would shoot at it with my pistol (I was only level 20 at the time being a basic member) and it would try to use it's instakill ability on me to rare success. Ah that was a fun time.

I remember the Invincibility Glitch. There were two ways to do it. 1. Get the attention of an enemy near the docks of the island you want invincibility on, then got to a dinghy and let the enemy kill you. Right when the killing blow lands, press shift to open the ship launch menu and launch a ship. Have another player revive you and voila, you're invincible. 2. Its the same principle as the first one, but instead of attracting an enemy to kill you, use the self-damage from grenades to kill yourself.

The other way to do it was to die and glitch out of the jail cell door. You could go pretty much anywhere, I remember using it to kill things on Isla Tormenta or something like that.

Back