Global Broadcast Of Loot

Fred Anderson

Forum Mod
Global broadcast of famed and legendary would be cool, it would be another chat tab or in the general.
broadcasting brights would be annoying, they are better left out.

I would have to entirely disagree on a global announcement for Famed. As rare is it's intended, it drops far too often and would clutter the chat far quicker than is necessary. In regards to Legendary, I think it could definitely work, if done correctly. As well, agreeing to @Ned_Reddavis above, an Opt-out would be vital to make this feature even feasible.

I wouldn't use this feature myself, but if there's enough support for it, I would like to see it implemented like this:

- Make this feature opt-in, not opt-out.
- Limit the announcements to new, never been found legendaries, only particularly rare items, or let the player choose what types of things to be notified about (legendaries, cursed legendaries, etc.). This is currently done manually for the first people to find new legendaries.
- Send the message only when the item has been collected, not when the loot drops or even when the container is opened. People have lost loot by sitting on the container screen for too long. (Anyone got the one video? I can't find it)

I suggest everyone submitting a suggestion thread to add a poll to their thread to see how in demand their suggestion is.

Back