Suggestion Gold Distribution from Sailing

Mr. Waverider

Sea Legs
Hey guys!

I'm aware the topic of people going AFK to leech gold from other's ships is more than exhausted on the forums; however, I provide a solution that hasn't yet been considered. The best way to ensure that people are doing their part and not just going AFK and splitting the gold between all of the members of the crew is to design a way to distribute gold based on damage dealt to other ships during the run. It gives the higher level players the gold they need, voids AFKs from receiving "their share", and still gives new players an appropriate amount of gold for their level. This came to me as I docked the other day with 3 AFKs and I figured I'd share it the TLOPO community. Feel free to leave some opinions below!

Hey guys!

I'm aware the topic of people going AFK to leech gold from other's ships is more than exhausted on the forums; however, I provide a solution that hasn't yet been considered. The best way to ensure that people are doing their part and not just going AFK and splitting the gold between all of the members of the crew is to design a way to distribute gold based on damage dealt to other ships during the run. It gives the higher level players the gold they need, voids AFKs from receiving "their share", and still gives new players an appropriate amount of gold for their level. This came to me as I docked the other day with 3 AFKs and I figured I'd share it the TLOPO community. Feel free to leave some opinions below!
My problem with this is that sometimes the cannons are sometimes full, and the only thing people can do is repair, so if they can only repair and do no damage, then they get no gold or anything for their hard work.

My problem with this is that sometimes the cannons are sometimes full, and the only thing people can do is repair, so if they can only repair and do no damage, then they get no gold or anything for their hard work.
I definitely prefer giving the ship owner a boot option. That said, this idea might also be good and might be ok whether there is a boot option or not. I like the idea of people getting a share based on their work. You are right to point out that repairs are part of that and should definitely be a factor that figures into a person's share. I recon that for it to work it should be based on comparison of total rep earned on the run with what the other crew earned and that repairs will need to give rep in a comparable way to how sinking ships does.

I definitely prefer giving the ship owner a boot option. That said, this idea might also be good and might be ok whether there is a boot option or not. I like the idea of people getting a share based on their work. You are right to point out that repairs are part of that and should definitely be a factor that figures into a person's share. I recon that for it to work it should be based on comparison of total rep earned on the run with what the other crew earned and that repairs will need to give rep in a comparable way to how sinking ships does.
If TLOPO staff implement this, I'm sure there's a way to adjust based on rep earned than gold. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Last edited:
Back