Discussion Golf... The Most Pathetic Sport (In My Opinion)

Is golf even a sport

• No

• No

• No

• No

• No

• No

• No

• No

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

OrionSenpai

Honorable Pirate
Golf... is it even a sport? it requires little effort and isn't really a game of the mind its kinda lame.
disagree with me? Post your reasons below

I think it is just boring... So I consider it "An-Activity-to-do-if-you-are-INCREDIBLY-Bored-and-want to-bore-others."
I honestly don't see how people get paid so much in any sport though... or unsport...

But then again, there are also many definitions of the term Sport. It just depends on the person.

Some people think fencing isn't a sport, but it sure as heck takes a lot more energy to build a fence than to hit a ball with a club! :O

But then again, there are also many definitions of the term Sport. It just depends on the person.

Some people think fencing isn't a sport, but it sure as heck takes a lot more energy to build a fence than to hit a ball with a club! :O
It's not that kind of fencing, but that kind would be an amazing sport.

Golf is actually the only sport I mildly care about. In the form of mini-golf. Mini-golf is fun.
Tbh, I just hate sports in general. ("Sports" being the stereotypical football, basketball, baseball etc...)
Now, if one were to consider dancing and eSports as forms of "sports," that would be a different story.

The word "sports" is starting to look really weird to me. Huh.

Back to golf: I still consider it a sport since it requires a tremendous amount of skill and people compete against each other while playing it.

When I was a firefighter on Jekyll Island years ago, one of the perks was free golf (there are three 18 hole golf courses and one 9 hole on the island) I had never golfed up until then but I figured... It's free with a free cart so why not? I rather enjoyed it... quite challenging. I can't stand to watch it on television but to actually participate is interesting....

THAT being said.....

What I really enjoy, being a knight and all, is Historic Medieval Battle sport. HMB ... I can watch it all day. I've participated in countless battles and training sessions in my personal armor... Mostly with padded heavy weapons (which still hit like a mack truck) .... and sometimes with live steel. It's an amazing adrenaline rush and really taxes your skills with weapons, strength and endurance.

View: https://youtu.be/q69AZTJtLIU

View: https://youtu.be/iIaHeK9f3YY

People say Archery isn't a sport, but lemme tell you, I've been doing it for 4 years and it is tough work to shoot with precision.

Back