Graphical glitches on water

Kekity

Dockworker
There are black lines and polygons on the water and it is very annoying and hard to ignore when I play. Here's an image as an example:

Last edited:

Incase it helps, these lines are also on the login screen.

Here are my settings:

Thanks for responding!

Hmm that's interesting Ive never noticed this nor seen this im looking right now ill post a screen of what I see shortly yet we both have the same settings on..

Maybe it's the animation smoothing. Maybe try switch to low graphics without saving it then switch back to high.

I have the same issue, and have for quite some time. My graphics must be lower as the water is low res and that's why I thought why I see the polys. Also, I see the player meshes all the time in boss groups or when theres more than 4 players on screen. Kind of cool looking but annoying.

I'm wondering if it's caused also by my hardware. The game is pretty old I suppose so that could be the issue with newer GPU's, etc.

I have the same issue, and have for quite some time. My graphics must be lower as the water is low res and that's why I thought why I see the polys. Also, I see the player meshes all the time in boss groups or when theres more than 4 players on screen. Kind of cool looking but annoying.
Okay, hold up. Like wireframes, or just missing textures? Does this apply to all objects, or just players? Do the player nametags still appear when players are glitched like this? Please look at the images below and say which one it looked more like - the first, the second, or like neither. These suggest very different things are going on.

Wireframe mode example (not derived from tlopo)

Textures disabled example (also not derived from tlopo)

Okay, hold up. Like wireframes, or just missing textures? Does this apply to all objects, or just players? Do the player nametags still appear when players are glitched like this? Please look at the images below and say which one it looked more like - the first, the second, or like neither. These suggest very different things are going on.

View attachment 115099
Wireframe mode example (not derived from tlopo)

View attachment 115100
Textures disabled example (also not derived from tlopo)
I get both at varied times. Wire frame with high lag and the blah toons most the time because of some lower setting that I set myself.
It's never full clean wire frames. Usually partial, like a terminator effect.
Also, when someone does a weapon hex such as whither, wire frame abounds and sparkles. Kind of looks like passing a one quarter screen xray filter back and forth across the screen.
Just noticed the poly water effect in CD. I'm sure it was there all along for me.
I have a nvidia 750ti card and amd quad 9600 cpu. So my stuff is a few years dated, but not bad, but just does not like the version of opengl/panda stuff I figure. I've tried to update opengl and I think tlopo updates it as well with updates too. It's just the way it is.

Last edited:
I get both at varied times. Wire frame with high lag and the blah toons most the time because of some lower setting that I set myself.
It's never full clean wire frames. Usually partial, like a terminator effect.
Also, when someone does a weapon hex such as whither, wire frame abounds and sparkles. Kind of looks like passing a one quarter screen xray filter back and forth across the screen.
In wireframe mode, text, visual effects, and even water appear as thin lines. The wireframes of avatars do start to get parts of their "textures" back at certain distances, but this could be either from the wireframe becoming so dense that it might as well be solid, or lower LODs being used. TLOPO alpha had serious problems with rendering avatars with proper LODs. An important distinction is that higher LODs use textures, while lower ones don't.

I'm kind of disturbed to hear that you are actually experiencing wireframes and I'm curious how the dev team will choose to address that. The second image was at full quality, but with textures disabled. Are you sure it wasn't simply a lower LOD being used? (see attachment)

Low LOD (not derived from tlopo, but might as well be)

I touched nothing. Not a single setting. The issue has just fixed it's self (I guess?)

(See below, water doesn't have the glitch anymore)

Respectfully the water in the main menu also isn't messed up. My settings are still the same as I posted before, guess it just fixed.

In wireframe mode, text, visual effects, and even water appear as thin lines. The wireframes of avatars do start to get parts of their "textures" back at certain distances, but this could be either from the wireframe becoming so dense that it might as well be solid, or lower LODs being used. TLOPO alpha had serious problems with rendering avatars with proper LODs. An important distinction is that higher LODs use textures, while lower ones don't.

I'm kind of disturbed to hear that you are actually experiencing wireframes and I'm curious how the dev team will choose to address that. The second image was at full quality, but with textures disabled. Are you sure it wasn't simply a lower LOD being used? (see attachment)

View attachment 115104
Low LOD (not derived from tlopo, but might as well be)
Yes, that would be my lod image. I assume that is caused by my settings in pref's. But not the wireframe issues.
Are these all from potco files?

I touched nothing. Not a single setting. The issue has just fixed it's self (I guess?)

(See below, water doesn't have the glitch anymore)

View attachment 115107

Respectfully the water in the main menu also isn't messed up. My settings are still the same as I posted before, guess it just fixed.
That looks really nice. The only things that ruins the experience is the straight line on land to water edge. Don't know how much more horse power needed to render a random slight ripple/bumps along the shore. I think that would make it very immersive imagery.

That looks really nice. The only things that ruins the experience is the straight line on land to water edge. Don't know how much more horse power needed to render a random slight ripple/bumps along the shore. I think that would make it very immersive imagery.
To fix said issue go into your settings and change them from whatever you are on too something else without saving them then go changed em back.. Should fix the issue unless of course you are on low settings then thats what is gonna look like..

To fix said issue go into your settings and change them from whatever you are on too something else without saving them then go changed em back.. Should fix the issue unless of course you are on low settings then thats what is gonna look like..
You are probably correct. But I have run at high graphics settings just to see if I can/look like and still got the wireframes on busy oceans and mobs. But the pirates didn't look like blobs of play dough at least.

Yes, that would be my lod image. I assume that is caused by my settings in pref's. But not the wireframe issues.
Are these all from potco files?
The images are from a build of the game running locally where I have access to injeсtion. I'm not a tlopo staff member/insider so that's the only way I could access the wireframe without maybe taking a hammer to my graphics card.

"Low" settings do use the lower LODs for everything, so that part is expected behavior.

I went through a whole bunch of setting configurations and I wasn't able to replicate the black wireframe on tlopo. I also have a fairly recent gpu.

@Kekity, you might want to share your logs with support from a timestamp you know the bug was happening.

Email your log to support@tlopo.com by copying and pasting the content of the log to the email body. Don't send it as an attachment. Unless you changed the install location for tlopo, it'll be under C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO\logs

Back