Discussion Great way to keep players from never coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflex

Dockworker
Got banned for saying "Matthew just got banned for saying he's "sir come sized" in guild chat. I don't really see the purpose of banning players so strictly, especially since I like to play this game with my friends. and that's kinda hard to do when one of the few of your friends is banned for saying something stupid between the two of you in chat. I wasn't even "avoiding the filter" because I was quoting him! I know this is more of a rant, but I can't enjoy this game with developers that are such cucks! "we're on thin ice with disney my butt".

TLOPO is a family-friendly game. When you registered for the game, you agreed to our Terms of Service, which does explicitly outline that any discussion of illicit/***ual topics or references are prohibited. It does not matter if you were quoting someone - such references have no place in TLOPO.

If you wish to discuss topics such as the one you quoted, perhaps it would be best to take it to a different chat medium, such as Discord.

https://tlopo.com/help/terms/

Like Disney ! TLOPO has prevailed to keep younger players safe and not all care to hear such items ! It has no reason of being In a game chat !! When ye must change the sounding of a word Into multiples of words for It to appear that's just pure Intent that ye be knowing It's wrong !

You don't have to talk to me like an inbred, makes it a tad harder to understand what you're saying there. You people are so diehard set on making sure the couple dozen people who play this horrendous game aren't hearing such awful mind corrupting words like "sir come size". I just don't understand the purpose. Maybe humans just shouldn't be able to communicate at all! Maybe when people say words, they should just be executed because if it has any negative connotation at all, it's inappropriate and dastardly! because that's what protects us as humans, censorship. I understand it's just a darn game, but I find it hard to believe you're hearts in the right place, and that you really care about a game, when you ban it's users while still not fixing the dozens of prominent issues with it. I do also understand that it's free to play, which is great, but that doesn't excuse anything. I probably won't be playing the game, nor anyone else I know will be either, not that any of you would care either way.

You don't have to talk to me like an inbred, makes it a tad harder to understand what you're saying there. You people are so diehard set on making sure the couple dozen people who play this horrendous game aren't hearing such awful mind corrupting words like "sir come size". I just don't understand the purpose. Maybe humans just shouldn't be able to communicate at all! Maybe when people say words, they should just be executed because if it has any negative connotation at all, it's inappropriate and dastardly! because that's what protects us as humans, censorship. I understand it's just a darn game, but I find it hard to believe you're hearts in the right place, and that you really care about a game, when you ban it's users while still not fixing the dozens of prominent issues with it. I do also understand that it's free to play, which is great, but that doesn't excuse anything. I probably won't be playing the game, nor anyone else I know will be either, not that any of you would care either way.
I care. I care enough to tell you this:
  • Once you open your own remake, let me know
  • ONLY open your remake if it is copyright protected though
  • Only have that copyrighted work owned still by Disney
  • Let me know so that I may cuss
  • Once you permit myself (and others) to cuss...as if the game itself was never owned by Disney...let’s see what kind of luck we have in how long we’re able to play your game
  • Let’s then cuss some more (only because the rest of the world says it’s OK)
Deal?

You really shouldn't be blaming the staff instead blame those that go out of their way to use certain words together to say inappropriate things. You should have already known repeating something someone got banned for saying will get you banned as well it's not that hard to understand.

When ye must change the sounding of a word Into multiples of words for It to appear that's just pure Intent that ye be knowing It's wrong !

Yes because TLOPO has all 150,000+ sensible English words in their system. What you have just said is actually nonsensical. Whitelisting words helps but takes an EXTRAordinary amount of time. No one should be banned for simply "evading filter" so that they can have a conversation about a movie or book name for example that isn't whitelisted (I obviously know that isn't the case here). Someone really needs to copy-paste the dictionary into whitelist for heck's sake or have a little more common sense and decency when deciding bans. I've had good friends banned for the most ridiculous "evasions".

Yes because TLOPO has all 150,000+ sensible English words in their system. What you have just said is actually nonsensical. Whitelisting words helps but takes an EXTRAordinary amount of time. No one should be banned for simply "evading filter" so that they can have a conversation about a movie or book name for example that isn't whitelisted (I obviously know that isn't the case here). Someone really needs to copy-paste the dictionary into whitelist for heck's sake or have a little more common sense and decency when deciding bans. I've had good friends banned for the most ridiculous "evasions".
Seems like a bit of a stretch. People aren't getting banned for a conversation about some blacklisted-named book like Eragon. They are getting banned for dodging the filter to discuss innapropriate topics, which I'm pretty sure getting "sir come sized" is.

Seems like a bit of a stretch. People aren't getting banned for a conversation about some blacklisted-named book like Eragon. They are getting banned for dodging the filter to discuss innapropriate topics, which I'm pretty sure getting "sir come sized" is.
I didn't say they were, I even said that is obviously not the case here.. I was telling dude that using multiple parts of words to convey a non whitelisted word is not "wrong", aka banning for: filter evasion. (and filter evasion alone!) Should not be a thing, the filter is extremely far from perfect as I was trying to get across by the very high amount of words in the English language not whitelisted.

I didn't say they were, I even said that is obviously not the case here.. I was telling dude that using multiple parts of words to convey a non whitelisted word is not "wrong", aka banning for: filter evasion. (and filter evasion alone!) Should not be a thing, the filter is extremely far from perfect as I was trying to get across by the very high amount of words in the English language not whitelisted.
Personally I have little to no problem conveying things in TLOPO's chat system even though there are some two-word filters that trip my up. Most, if not all filter evasion bans are because someone evaded it to say something against the ToS, and therefore ban-worthy. I have pretty good faith in the developers' ability to figure out what warrants a ban. In fact, I think they're too lenient sometimes.

You don't have to talk to me like an inbred, makes it a tad harder to understand what you're saying there. You people are so diehard set on making sure the couple dozen people who play this horrendous game aren't hearing such awful mind corrupting words like "sir come size". I just don't understand the purpose. Maybe humans just shouldn't be able to communicate at all! Maybe when people say words, they should just be executed because if it has any negative connotation at all, it's inappropriate and dastardly! because that's what protects us as humans, censorship.
TLOPO has stated very clearly in its Terms of Service that inappropriate language and behavior is not permitted in the game. TLOPO, much like POTCO, is a family-friendly game. TLOPO is carrying on the tradition of Disney in this regard.

Furthermore, TLOPO needs to ensure a safe and friendly environment for players from all ages and walks of life. Because of this, the kind of behavior you're expressing is not welcome here.

When TLOPO wrote their Terms of Service, they were well aware that some players would violate it. As a result, TLOPO built systems that help detect this kind of language and stop it before others can read it. Ensuring that there is still a safe and friendly environment even when players go out of their way to try and obstruct that.

The TLOPO blacklist is incredibly complex. It has thousands of different inappropriate and malicious ways to communicate sequenced such that they cannot be said. And in the event you say something that is blacklisted, you actually will not get banned for it. TLOPO will only take action if you manage to get around the blacklist, this is known as filter evasion.

Due to the complexity of the TLOPO filter, it is very difficult to just accidentally swear in game. Players who get banned for filter evasion constantly attempt to get past the filter, and then will get banned should they be successful. So, if you did get banned for filter evasion. You were well aware of the rules and willingly violated them anyway. If you do not like these rules, go find another game to play.

These are the rules being directly violated in the Terms of Service:

Classification of "Be a considerate person":
  • Any form of inappropriate language, harassment, cheating, or other infraction listed in our Terms of Service will result in warnings or bans, depending on the severity of the incident.
ToS clauses directly violated under the language said above:
  • Intentionally evading chat filters with inappropriate intent.
  • Usage of inappropriate innuendos through chat or emote usage, and any other form of inappropriate or suggestive language.

I understand it's just a darn game, but I find it hard to believe you're hearts in the right place, and that you really care about a game, when you ban it's users while still not fixing the dozens of prominent issues with it. I do also understand that it's free to play, which is great, but that doesn't excuse anything.
TLOPO is very departmentalized in its delegation of duties. Game Developers are not responsible for the moderation of the game, that is what the Moderation Department is for. Your ban has no effect on the progress of the game in any form.

I probably won't be playing the game, nor anyone else I know will be either, not that any of you would care either way.
Of course TLOPO cares if you play or not! The interactive nature of TLOPO is only made possible by actual players playing. If players weren't on the game, it'd be very difficult to accomplish anything. But this doesn't mean that the team can allow players to violate the rules.

Think about it like this: The real world economy relies on people existing and purchasing things. But everyone has to follow rules in order for the economy and society to function as a whole. If you had somebody breaking the rules and stealing things, that entire system would collapse should there be no repercussions toward the individual violating the rules.

Similarly, TLOPO has a system it is maintaining. They have a family friendly environment they need to keep intact, and inappropriate language is not family friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back