Combat Grenades bugged

Sabreston

Dockworker
I just got the grenade weapon that you get at level 20 after completing the quest. I received a quest to kill something in the Misty Mire on Tortuga, so I went there and decided to start training my grenade. Immediately, the moment I threw my first grenade, nothing happened. After a bit of testing, I realized that my grenade would just vanish out of thin air if I threw it from the water. I also noticed that my grenade would not impact if I threw it into the water from above, same with the little island that the Brigand and Alligator are on when you immediately enter the Mire. Also, after impatiently levelling up my grenade twice, I realized that I received no Skill Points to put into skills. I don't know if this is supposed to happen or if it's multiple bugs but i'd like some help in at least resolving my lost Skill Points.

~Sabreston

Attachments

• Pirates Grenade not giving skill points.PNG
    Pirates Grenade not giving skill points.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 103
right now for some reason grenades automatically put those first 2 skill points into explosive. thats why you have explosive rank 3 there. Im pretty sure that if you re-train your grenade skills it will take those points out and you'll be able to put them wherever you want. you'll start getting skill points to spend once you reach grenade level 4

I personally have never been annoyed by this because even if it didn't automatically put those points into explosive, i'd still probably end up putting them there anyway.

But I had those points when I was level 1 in grenades though.
Edit: However, I did go and level up my grenade again, and I was given a skill point. But that still doesn't explain why grenades are ineffective in or on swamp-water.

Throwing a grenade in the water always does that and it's been like that since potco maybe the tlopo developers will change it later on.

If your interested.. a good place to level nades is on perdida.. queens nest. I have leveled my last 5 pirate's nades there. Don't spend any skill points, but put one point on stinkpot when u unlock it. Use a low level weapon to round up a swarm of them (I get ten lol) like dagger or gun, then switch to nades to finish them off. With crew days bonus, I was getting over 1400 rep for every round of ten wasps 😊

Back