Guild Discussion GRIEF GUILD 2019?

Varunastra

Pirate Master
Hello everyone whose reading this thread post, I'm actually writing this because the silverware needs to be set for the captains quarters. I will share with you what this post means, however if you do not recall the guild GRIEF this may not apply to the personal viewer of this thread.
Lets Start From The Beginning In 2017 Semi-Open Beta. In 2017 my original pirate (MAIN) was named Jim Hexcrash as it were in POTCO, I formed a successful guild in the early days of Semi-Open Beta called GRIEF. My staff team and I ran it like any other normal guild did back in those days and compared to nowadays. Websites were being created, YouTube, our very own forum and a production all for GRIEF. Unfortunately GRIEF took a turn for the worse after being exposed to toxic players and guilds that had no respect for our guild and would eventually have to deal with unwanted drama and altercations after altercations having no context to explain but get the immediate boot of personality from a negative players perspective. However as a Guildmaster and with trusty staff members, things were just not properly being taken care of which I blame 101% on myself and not the staff, but also I am very aware of these struggles that will cross my path in hardships that I would have to one day face or deal with. We then proceeded to remove a lot of unwanted members out of Grief which led to a horrible counterattack on population growth within the guild, quieter was more like it. But the remaining members and staff made good efforts to re-up in number growth which we had one day reached our goal again as well.... But now here is the part I have never ever told neither my staff team or even my closest friends online and IRL.. The guild GRIEF once lost its name permanently because of its initial leave of absence but not just a leave of any normal absence, (Disbanded). The reason why GRIEF was disbanded was because I was only 18 years old back when I first started Grief and I had a very important job where I was previously living at the time... My IRL job at the time I was working for would literally ruin days and nights for me that I'd wanna get on TLOPO and play with my guild members- this leading into a fall of depressive state of mind made me lose interest of what was really important to me all along, that was hence forth my guild GRIEF.. Being depressed and angry most of the time was too hard to come online and manage, luckily I had gotten out of that job with paid layoff and found a new job that pays higher and has much more respect and puts me in a better mood with the people I work with everyday, so that's good. Over the course of 2 year's and months that rolled by I managed to get my foot in the door with many guilds but was never offered recognition upon ranked approval, however this never bothered me but it was all in good intentions and not for my own good. GRIEF never really knew why the guild got disbanded until NOW, but I think now is the perfect time and opportunity to restart again cause I'm in a very good place in my life right now to be moving forward with my old guild, some of the oldest members have returned. Grateful Thanks for reading this :) - GM of Grief , - Jim Hexcrash​

Last edited:
Life has a way (on it’s own) to get in the way sometimes. In addition, a game - like Life - associates us with people whom bring no “value added” to our realm or cause.

It takes a very savvy pirate/person to steer clear of such obstacles without allowing depression to beat us down. I think perhaps you are moving now in the right direction and this ^ thread is testimony to that. ;)

Best of luck with everything!

As Grief gains more and more members day after day; we are happy to announce the FIRST EVER ANNUAL GRIEF REUNION. We are celebrating with old members and new members since Griefs 2017 unfortunate disclosure and we'll be vastly grasping our blades for a SAVVY night with all of our members!! The event will be taking place THIS FRIDAY @ 9pm EST, Abassa Server. The event will consist of 2 phases with the parties of Grief and the community members of Tlopo consisting of; 1 hour of sailing loot runs, and then another hour looting General DarkHeart for 30minutes and then Neban The Silent for 30minutes; leading up to an hour on the dot! The event will last 2 Hours combining each phase of GRIEF'S REUNION celebration on Abassa Server. To get more details contact our active Co-Gms on discord:

Jacko#7136
Nell#3248
Dex#6332
Anthony#2129

As Grief gains more and more members day after day; we are happy to announce the FIRST EVER ANNUAL GRIEF REUNION. We are celebrating with old members and new members since Griefs 2017 unfortunate disclosure and we'll be vastly grasping our blades for a SAVVY night with all of our members!! The event will be taking place THIS FRIDAY @ 9pm EST, Abassa Server. The event will consist of 2 phases with the parties of Grief and the community members of Tlopo consisting of; 1 hour of sailing loot runs, and then another hour looting General DarkHeart for 30minutes and then Neban The Silent for 30minutes; leading up to an hour on the dot! The event will last 2 Hours combining each phase of GRIEF'S REUNION celebration on Abassa Server. To get more details contact our active Co-Gms on discord:

Jacko#7136
Nell#3248
Dex#6332
Anthony#2129
I'm nobody, but I wish you and your guild the best of luck.
It's probably none of my business....
But, perhaps you might not want to do it on Abassa server? Maybe it's for old times sake, but that ocean is famous for Dc's at anytime for any reason. It's just a thought. It's just my experience the last few times, or I should say all the times I tried to join an event on Abassa. The ocean ruined the events and the mood every time. And it was everybody getting dc'd not just me. I always take the blame that it's my system, but not when everyone checks back in for the 5th time in the event.
Just something to consider if you're trying to show all the pirates a good time. It's like running out of rum every 5 minutes. Ask the guild and see what they think.

I'm nobody, but I wish you and your guild the best of luck.
It's probably none of my business....
But, perhaps you might not want to do it on Abassa server? Maybe it's for old times sake, but that ocean is famous for Dc's at anytime for any reason. It's just a thought. It's just my experience the last few times, or I should say all the times I tried to join an event on Abassa. The ocean ruined the events and the mood every time. And it was everybody getting dc'd not just me. I always take the blame that it's my system, but not when everyone checks back in for the 5th time in the event.
Just something to consider if you're trying to show all the pirates a good time. It's like running out of rum every 5 minutes. Ask the guild and see what they think.
My staff team have already considered these possibilities, thank you though squintz :)

Back