GUIDE TO A GOOD GUILD

Finn H.

Honorable Pirate
this is my guide to a good guild ik its very complex but i garentee its worth reading if you are a loyal GM

NOTE: it still takes a long time to make a guild.

before you make a guild you will want to have a solid foundation of officers that you trust your friends will be very important in making a guild they will be your first officers and maybe future guild leaders but wait to get to know them in a guild situation first

u need RULES ive seen guilds that havent made any rules and no 1 talks (partly the fault of the gm) but make sure your members gets to no everyone my rule for that is say hi when someone logs on and goodbye when someone doesnt very important rule to me. and another rule i like is respect everyone it gives u an excuse to talk to the people who disrespect others...

PLAN EVENTS the most important thing for a guild that is getting active members is to get them involved in things like invasions a regular thing the officers can set up... other events should be planned like raids on tormenta do it according to the lvl of the active members an event that i like is going to dark hart because everyone comes even the lower lvls...

the most succsesful guild without rules that ik of is a guild like dark element. but i learned something about guilds from them once your guild gets big if you want to change the rules you cant. there is no way to change it because there will be to many people in your guild people in your guild

another thing is get to no your officers and other members judge them no 1 wants to be in a guild where u dont get promotion. but more importantly have a ranking system i like MEMBER, VETERAN, OFFICER, GUILD LEADER (dont promote unless (see below in the paragraph) ), CO. GM (1 or 2), GM (you). maybe you will make a rank in between officer and guild leader like SENOIR OFFICER because if a guild leader leaves your guild or becomes innactive you will put your senior officer as a guild leader and promote a officer to your senior officer position. and there could also be a SENIOR GUILD LEADER in the case of a CO GM or GM leaving or becoming innactive. you need backups.

RANK EXPLANATIONS...
MEMBER a person who will file complaints to guild leaders and above.
VETERAN same as a member but can invite
OFFICER same as veteran but will be able vote on new veterans and officers (will set up a
SENIOR OFFICER same as officer (see paragraph for explanation) will also see how guild meetings work as well as others
GUILD LEADER (only changes if 1 leaves) same as officer but will tell gm or co gm if there is a complaint will be part of and contribute to guild leader meetings
SENIOR GUILD LEADER same as guild leader (see paragraph for explanation) will see what goes on with co gms and gms
CO GM same as guild leader will have a say in everything but the final decision goes to the gm (unless the gm does a vote system which will also aply to guild leaders if GM wishes)
GM gets to make promotions, make final desicions, and choose what system they will use.

Every guild has to find specific rules that work for them. Something that works for one, may not work for the others. Guidelines are nice, but I see redundancy up there. Guild Leaders and Senior Guild Leaders - there are already Officer and Senior Officers. And I have seen that a Guild Master is the ultimate authority, but more of a 'democracy' where more than one people are in charge of making decisions. And the guild operates on those just fine. :)

yeah ik the dictatorships are less fun. and idk whats wrong with being repeditive because to me the simpler good things are run the easier it is on the leaders.

Keeping the rules simple is the best policy, I can't see a need for that many officer ranks A GM and second in command seems to work fine. Its also a good policy to have a waiting period before promoting a new member to officer.

Every guild has to find specific rules that work for them. Something that works for one, may not work for the others. Guidelines are nice, but I see redundancy up there. Guild Leaders and Senior Guild Leaders - there are already Officer and Senior Officers. And I have seen that a Guild Master is the ultimate authority, but more of a 'democracy' where more than one people are in charge of making decisions. And the guild operates on those just fine. :)

Ooops! A HUGE TYPO there! I apologize; I meant to say, "I have seen that a Guild Master is NOT the ultimate authority, but more of a 'democracy' where more than one people are charge of making decisions." That makes a HUGE difference! Being a guild master and the ultimate decision maker is relatively easier than taking a back seat and sharing the authority with other leaders. That's my point!

and that was the great barts way of doing things (he was the gm of usd) he had the guild leaders vote which i respected but he was ridged

I say the best way to run a guild is just to make sure the guildmaster is involved with the guild a lot and what I mean by that is ok I'm GM of my guild Touch Of Insanity and What I do is just hang out with my guildmates. We fight Bosses and do raids on islands. I have been in plenty of guilds where the GM just runs the guild. He doesn't hang out with the guildies and that is a major turn off for me at least in a guild. Also Keep your guild talking. These are some ways to keep your guild strong But Don't let anyone forget who you are if your GM you still have to be Strong and be able to enforce rules.

yeah but oddly for me the least well run guild that made it big that ik of lasted the longest after the gm left (dark element)

I don't think there can really be a "guide" to a guild. Guild's are all about a persons palying style and views. Theres many different guilds out there all with totally different personalities. Its all about finding one that you enjoy being in. Its all based upon personal decisions. This mostly relates to the writer on what you find interesting in your ideal guild. Others can have totally different ideas. Theres no clear true line of what a guild needs to be to be a good guild.

I don't think there can really be a "guide" to a guild. Guild's are all about a persons palying style and views. Theres many different guilds out there all with totally different personalities. Its all about finding one that you enjoy being in. Its all based upon personal decisions. This mostly relates to the writer on what you find interesting in your ideal guild. Others can have totally different ideas. Theres no clear true line of what a guild needs to be to be a good guild.

I agree 100% People's perceptions on a good guild varies.

I'm very happy with my guild, where things are organized well, and everyone has fun with each other. We do enjoy our plunders at sea, and especially during invasions, where we're not only fighting Jolly Roger's crew, but also fighting the LAG monster! The biggest thing, is that the guild members must have RESPECT for each other. That helps a whole lot.

I'm very happy with my guild, where things are organized well, and everyone has fun with each other. We do enjoy our plunders at sea, and especially during invasions, where we're not only fighting Jolly Roger's crew, but also fighting the LAG monster! The biggest thing, is that the guild members must have RESPECT for each other. That helps a whole lot.
Aye my guild is run similar. We have lots of events to keep people active. We have a website with all of these events with dates times and places. I keep my guild very organized along with my Co GM. It is very important for a GM to be involved in his/her guild. That keeps people in. Having a website just adds to the fun!

Back