Guide to Easily Mastering Potions

Cheysa Finn

Pirate Lord
Note: I wrote this for the TLOPO wiki and figured it may be beneficial to some if I post it here as well. This is the wiki link: http://legendofpirates.wikia.com/wiki/Guide_to_Easily_Mastering_Potions?venotify=created

Heya!

If you feel the way I do, potions can be the most boring thing to do in TLOPO because no loot can be gained from them. So you want to get them done as soon as possible, right? Here's a guide to help you master them in the fastest way available.

1. First, pop in a movie, TV show, or make sure you have a bunch of friends online to chat with. Having something to distract you while working on potions will get them finished even sooner.
  2. Make sure you are on Port Royal. Only the basic three colors for potions are found there (green, red, and blue), so you won't have any other colors getting in the way.
  3. Brew whichever potion you feel like until Swift Foot I is unlocked at Potions level 3.
  4. Repeatedly brew SF I until SF II is unlocked at Potions level 8.
  5. Then repeatedly brew SF II until SF III is unlocked at Potions level 13.
  6. And finally, brew SF III until you reach Potions Master at level 20.
Here is some info and tips to make it even more simple:

• Right click your mouse button to flip-flop the current ingredient combo before placing it.
  • Put each color in a designated column, so that you always have a place to drop your ingredient combo regardless of what you're given. My suggestion is this order: green, green, red, red, blue, blue, green, green. Here's a screenshot to illustrate what I mean:
  • Once you have 5 of the same type of potion, either trash, sell, or drink them. If you continue brewing while having those 5 on hand, you will get reduced rep. (We don't want to make potion brewing to last any longer than it has to, right?)
  • The more ingredients you can drop without allowing them to combine, the sooner you'll get just the combo you're looking for.
  • You not only get rep for the finished potion, but also for creating each ingredient the potion requires. Knowing that, the total rep you get for brewing SF I is 44, total for SF II is 98, and total for SF III is 143. (Now you can do the math and know exactly when you'll be finished!)
  • As far as the time needed to master potions goes, it took me 25 minutes to do level 19. Each level prior to that should take less and less time.
  • If I missed any tips, feel free to continue adding them here...
I think I covered everything. Happy brewing! :)

-Cheysa

After swift foot 3 repeatly, I do Lively Bucko 3, then head to Tortuga to do Plunder potions, I find those very easy to do and those give more reps than doing swift foot 3 all the time.

This doesn't appear to be correct anymore.. I'm only getting 23xp from SF I
You get rep for every single ingredient that you create. SF I requires 4 total ingredients (2 red, 1 blue, 1 green). When you're seeing that you only got 23 rep, you're seeing the rep you received for creating the final ingredient and finishing the potion. But if you record what your total notoriety rep is before the potion and then again after the potion, the net increase is 44 rep.

Red = 7 rep
Red = 7 rep
Blue = 7 rep
Green = 7 rep
Finishing the potion = 16

Total rep for creating SF I = 44

Back