Suggestion Guild Banks

William Goldhawk

Wanted Pirate
I have the money cap of 300k, and I'd like to invest a little into my guild for other members.

In the guild bank, there should be a money cap of 750k. In this system it can be acsessed by everyone in the guild. Only the GM could see how much a person has put in/taken out.

The money could be taken out for certain purposes like buying ammo, weapons, etc. If you were to make an investment on a upgrade on your ship and needed to take a chuck out like that you should inform an Officer or a GM.

This is a good idea but one problem with it is that Low levels like 5 should earn it for a bit.
Lvl 30+ should have access and the guild leader should have to buy something like access to the guild bank and it should be like 100k to store 200k and like 200k for 300k ect.

As much as I love the idea of Guild Banks and believe in the long run its something Pirates could do, I'm also worried how it plays into leveling in game. Disney made it fairly easy to breeze through the first 20 levels and dedicated mastery doesn't take long across the board. So, trading or storing warehouses full of common or even rare items seem unlikely.

The primary function of a Guild Bank is to allow newer pirates access to a vault of gear they wouldn't have currency or grinding time to get. And for the Mastered pirates, something they can donate to instead of just tossing things out.

Other games that have functioning economies balance the prices of goods with rewards earned and have shallower leveling curves - so players are motivated to save up for better items down the road BUT have to take smaller steps of better and better gear etc. as they progress. It just takes one good weekend in Pirates to get past that hurtle. And other games have crafting as part of their economic interaction. Which is something pirates could also do at a very base level.

Disney never completed the game quests, so players focus more on leveling and loot finding. For now, TLOPO has this same wall. Down the road, that will change as new chapters and quests are added. But, should they also consider lowering XP gains or raising Level requirements? I don't think just adding more levels is an answer.

Not sure Guild Banks should literally be vaults for Gold though, unless the 'donations' from members went toward buying things for the guild in game, like a Guild Hall and upgrades for it.

Here's an ideal.
How about guild islands? These islands would be near the outskirts of the border of the map out on the high seas.
The ideal with these islands is that your guild would be able to rent them for 100k gold for 2 days on the server and they would show off your guild nametag and what ever the guild master or officers can make with sandbox element's of assets you can buy with gold and make your own custom island basically.
There will have to be a button on the friends tab on the guild tab so you can teleport to the island or alternatively if rented use the totem on the map to go there.
The outcomes of this could lead to competitive "Who can get a lot of gold" or, fancier islands, or showing off how many pvp kills by members in total, svs
Ships winked with how many sunk in a row.
But imagine guild wars between islands though.. (Most likely a setting that must be turned on or maybe a special pvp/svs server?)

Back