Idea Guild Naval Wars / Guild PVP

Would you utilize this feature in the game?

• Yes, in late gameplay..

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Yes, once I get a ship its everyone to the depths!

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No.

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Grey Vice

Greeter
GuildNavalWarfare.png

I've had this idea for a month or two, and decided now would be the time to
share it considering the servers are down.​
Background on Idea
I've seen from people wanting something like open PVP, for land, and advancements in guilds. Most of the people who are playing the beta are veterans of the game. We know how guilds work, you join one then... well that's about it. Unless the GM hosts an in guild event. There is currently no way for the guild to collaborate together (Unless you go on sailing expeditions or boss fights but that's very limited in variety and can become repetitive).
The idea I propose is Guild Naval Warfare. One of my favorite parts of TLOPO is the sailing! I didn't play much of it in POTCO because I was terrible at it, but I understand it more now and it is extremely fun. Same with SvS, didn't play much of it but with my new found love for sailing, I'll be playing it a lot.

Unlike SvS, Guild Wars is NOT with random people. It's with your guild!
This feature would most likely be used by larger guilds who have in-game rivals.

General Overview of Menus
In this, you would go into a queue with pirates in your guild who are either the captain of the ship or as a cannoneer. You can have up to 8 ships in your fleet, and a Commodore who is in charge of commanding the fleet (The Commodore does not have to be the guildmaster). Below is how the menu would look as a Commodore. In this example, you can see that the guild already owns 6 ships captained by various people. Guild members can donate gold to the Fleet in order to purchase more ship spaces.**

In Game Combat
The ships will attack each other like in normal French vs Spanish SvS, but ships that are sunk can not respawn (If you think about spawn killing and how hard would be for the devs to figure out a way around that, no respawns makes more sense). Once sunk, all members on a ship would spectate or wait in a fixed position and wait for the battle to end. After all the ships on an enemy team are sunken, the winning team will win a profitable amount of gold, and maybe even some loot!

**This is not exactly where I wanted the menu to be because I had forgotten to take a screenshot before the game temporarily closed for the new update.
guildfleetfilledBASIC.png

SUGGESTIONS/CHANGES
  • Change the price of the ship slots from 10k to 100k. This will make the struggle for gaining a larger Fleet more difficult.
  • The Fleet would only begin with 2 ship rather than the 6 pictured. This photo was made as if it were mid concept.

Credit

Thank you to @Aetherion and @Christofosho for posting ideas before me that lead to the creation of this.

REMEMBER ALL IDEAS LIKE THIS ONE ARE TO BE ADDED AFTER THE GAME IS FULLY RELEASED AND LIKE IT WAS IN 2013

ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK IN THE COMMENTS
*Check to see what others have said, and any questions
that are answered before posting yours to prevent duplicates.​

~Please be mindful and respectful in the comments, I've put many hours of work into this and truly do enjoy the idea. Everything I've done here was made by myself, and some pictures were taken from the POTCO/TLOPO Wiki~

Last edited:
I like this idea, I think if it were implemented it would have to teleport you to an arena.

Just one thing, not exactly sure what the guild gold bank or those two circles that say 10k gold are.

To gain more ships, you'd have to pay for them. Guild members can deposit gold into the guild bank. There would probably be more things you can buy and other people's ideas for guild expansions if they had gold involved this guild bank would be connected.

Back