Guild Rules Should Not Be So Strict

I'm sorry, but rules are rules, when you showed up being a level 12 basic, our rules allowing level 15s and up, I couldn't guild you!
Rules are rules, and are meant to be followed.

judge-modern-warfare-2.jpg
lol funny picture will!
EDIT (Feb 6, 2011 at 1:37 AM):
so this is how you look in real life Will!
AAH! no ! lol

Guilds are supposed to allow all levels, both members and non-members, no matter what chat they have (like open chat, speedchat, etc).
Don't know where you got this idea?
Membership in guilds is based solely on the preferences of the GM who founded the guild. Guilds are NOT obligated to accept members on demand. Some guilds have rules against accepting basics, some base their membership on a particular minimum player level, Some guilds are mostly adult players and refuse to accept members who they believe to be children, IE... Speedchat players. The rules of the guild set the atmosphere within the guild and maintain order.

Rules are important, but things like level restrictions and only allowing certain people just SICKENS me. It's a type of persecution, and it is OUTRAGEOUS!! -tips over table in rage-

Rules are important, but things like level restrictions and only allowing certain people just SICKENS me. It's a type of persecution
How could it be a form of persecution if no one is forcing you to join their guild? Some people seem to always be living in a constant state of victimhood:rolleyes:

Nonsense!!!, It has nothing to do with hating and everything to do with the the GM's right to pick and choose the people he wants in his own guild. None of us are obligated to accept anyone who demands into our guilds, friend lists, or crews, We are also not obligated to heal or revive on demand. GM's who set guildlines for recruiting members do so with good reason.

Nonsense!!!, It has nothing to do with hating and everything to do with the the GM's right to pick and choose the people he wants in his own guild. None of us are obligated to accept anyone who demands into our guilds, friend lists, or crews, We are also not obligated to heal or revive on demand. GM's who set guildlines for recruiting members do so with good reason.
So, it's alright to deny people access to your guild because of their level? Again, prosecution. Regardless of how the GM sets up the guild, people of all levels should be allowed.

Its allright to deny access to your guild for any reason you choose, After all its YOUR guild, you make the rules you set the membership guidelines. Not sure you understand the definition of persecution, and you definately mis used the term prosecution. Forcing GM's to accept people into their guilds who do not meet their particular membership guidelines would be an infringement of their rights as GM. Guild membership is not a right its a courtesy granted by the GM of a guild. Player levels aren't the issue. The issue is the GM's right to set up his own rules for membership requirements.

Has any of you ever asked to join a guild or crew and have been rejected or turned down just because your not a member, dont have open chat, and to low of a lvl?
Yeah I have. That's what I call just plain rude.Guilds are supposed to allow all levels, both members and non-members, no matter what chat they have (like open chat, speedchat, etc). I asked someone in a certain guild if I can join until I can friend someone I know. I told him that I was a high level on a low level pirate and a friend of the guildmaster and he still would not allow me. And this guild had said before that they allow all levels and players as long as they are not rude and cause drama. I also told him i'm a different person then all the rest. But still wouldn't allow me in. And you call that the greatest guild of all? Last guilds are supposed to be groups that love to hang out with each other and help each other with whatever they need help with.
I liked the pirates back when it first started. You could join any guild you wanted as many times as you wanted and they still would not reject you.
I love debating about this kinda stuff! So I'mma voice my opinion. I haven't read all the post because I'm lazy, so sorry if I'm repeating things others have already said.

All guilds are different and all people prefer different things. Some guilds prefer to have all high levels who can help with the toughest quests and sink all types of ships and all, while other guilds accept all and are involved in everything. I see absolutely nothing wrong with not letting low leveled players in, simply for that reason. I also see nothing wrong with not allowing those with speedchat, because often times people talk about important things in Guild Chat that those with speedchat cannot see, therefore may not be involved in. Those with Basic Membership are often turned down, IMO, because they may not be able to join in on a guild's activities, like certain quests and all, where it's best to have certain weapons. (I don't know all that much about Basic Membership, sorry.)
But we all have our opinions, and make/join Guilds for different reasons. Yours, DarkAndDeadly, appears to be to have fun with the other players and get help. Other prefer to focus on sailing and quests, which, for lower levels, is hard to do with the higher levels.
Of course, remember, that you won't be a low level forever. ^^

So, it's alright to deny people access to your guild because of their level? Again, prosecution. Regardless of how the GM sets up the guild, people of all levels should be allowed.
Have you ever thought about why they might set up certain level standards? A lot of new players that I have guilded before end up not playing after level 5 or so(sometimes further). Guilds want to maintain a roster of active members. It is more likely that a newer member who does not have/get membership will stop playing- although there are always exceptions. That is the main reason I have heard most GMs say that they prefer members of a certain level(mebership, ect). There can be all sorts of reasons for limitations on who GMs allow in their guild and they are entitled to those rules. There are so many guilds out there that I don't understand the need to fret over rules that you don't agree with. People are always going to do things how they please. Like I said, there are so many guilds out there so there is bound to be one which has rules(or has no rules) that you agree with. Like Red Nations said, the Gms have the right to set up the rules he/she wants for his/her guild.

Have you ever thought about why they might set up certain level standards? A lot of new players that I have guilded before end up not playing after level 5 or so(sometimes further). Guilds want to maintain a roster of active members. It is more likely that a newer member who does not have/get membership will stop playing- although there are always exceptions. That is the main reason I have heard most GMs say that they prefer members of a certain level(mebership, ect). There can be all sorts of reasons for limitations on who GMs allow in their guild and they are entitled to those rules. There are so many guilds out there that I don't understand the need to fret over rules that you don't agree with. People are always going to do things how they please. Like I said, there are so many guilds out there so there is bound to be one which has rules(or has no rules) that you agree with. Like Red Nations said, the Gms have the right to set up the rules he/she wants for his/her guild.
Well, after a certain period of inactivity, they can be removed, but it's persecuting to deny anybody of a guild, unless they grief. Maybe it's just me, but in past guilds I have led, I have allowed anybody to join, provided they would be active and not grief. I feel any other policy is somewhat rude.

Sounds like those rules worked for you, they alone might not work for others, or meet the needs of other guilds.

Sounds like those rules worked for you, they alone might not work for others, or meet the needs of other guilds.
I suppose different guilds run on different rules. And I suppose those rules are based upon the values of the rule maker. My values are simply that anybody is trusted until a reason is presented not to trust them.

Exactly. The point is that each is entitled to their own ideas on how things should run in their guilds. Everyone just sees things from different angles. ^_^

Exactly. The point is that each is entitled to their own ideas on how things should run in their guilds. Everyone just sees things from different angles. ^_^
Denying certain people who haven't caused grief or harm to others entry into guilds still seems like persecution to me. Everybody is equal. If it's just a new player who plans on playing longer, it's okay. Now, if it's somebody like Deleted member 4172 or Samuel Redbeard, who has caused much grief to others, they deserve no entry. But I still don't see why, as long as the person hasn't been mean or caused grief or anything like that, should be denied entry into a guild, even based upon the values of the guildmaster.

Denying certain people who haven't caused grief or harm to others entry into guilds still seems like persecution to me. Everybody is equal. If it's just a new player who plans on playing longer, it's okay. Now, if it's somebody like Deleted member 4172 or Samuel Redbeard, who has caused much grief to others, they deserve no entry. But I still don't see why, as long as the person hasn't been mean or caused grief or anything like that, should be denied entry into a guild, even based upon the values of the guildmaster.

Its not exactly a persecution if they don't tell them off rudely or something like that seeing as persecution is usually a word used for something more serious. I also don't think that a policy set up by the GM based on how they wanttheir guild to run is "rude". If one of their rules was, for example, "No Noobs". That is more of a rude policy. I think I'm beginning to repeat myself now. With those things said, everyone has their own views and perspectives + rights and freedoms with which they may choose to do as they please.

Back