Guild Rules Should Not Be So Strict

Avrae Aradace

Buccaneer
Has any of you ever asked to join a guild or crew and have been rejected or turned down just because your not a member, dont have open chat, and to low of a lvl?
Yeah I have. That's what I call just plain rude.Guilds are supposed to allow all levels, both members and non-members, no matter what chat they have (like open chat, speedchat, etc). I asked someone in a certain guild if I can join until I can friend someone I know. I told him that I was a high level on a low level pirate and a friend of the guildmaster and he still would not allow me. And this guild had said before that they allow all levels and players as long as they are not rude and cause drama. I also told him i'm a different person then all the rest. But still wouldn't allow me in. And you call that the greatest guild of all? Last guilds are supposed to be groups that love to hang out with each other and help each other with whatever they need help with.
I liked the pirates back when it first started. You could join any guild you wanted as many times as you wanted and they still would not reject you.

I'm sorry, but rules are rules, when you showed up being a level 12 basic, our rules allowing level 15s and up, I couldn't guild you!
Rules are rules, and are meant to be followed.

judge-modern-warfare-2.jpg

Well in my opinion I agree with the title guild rules should not be so strict I'll come back to that in a bit. First off if you make a guild then it is your guild and whatever you say goes. You made the guild and you have full say in who can and cannot join. Second off I do feel guild rules shouldn't be so strict for example in my last guild Tessas Terrors no one in guild was allowed to pvp. I felt that rule is just dumb to be honest however it was her guild and her rules. Althought she pretty much killed the guild after I left except for like 5-10 people she made the guild and she has the final say. Rules are rules, some of them are kinda ridiculous but everyone knows how to leave a guild or knows someone who knows how to. If you don't like it then leave its that simple.

To tell you the truth, being strict does NOT equal being rude. Those are two different things; you are talking about two different parameters that can't be compared. Being 'strict' refers to 'adherence to rules'. Being 'rude' refers to 'social attitude'. Somebody can be strict and rude, strict and nice OR unstrict and rude, or unstrict and nice. I hope you get the idea ...

I can't speak for any of those guilds, why they have their rules or no rules. But just like in a free country, free world and free pirates world, anybody can build their own guild and set their own rules. Hey, if everybody, every guild has the same rules, it would be a communist community ... who would want everything to be uniform? No fun at all! It's always good to have choices! And I personally can understand why some guilds have more strict rules than others; they have histories, they know what works and what won't. And only ppl who find themselves fit in the guild can join and if they don't fit in anymore down the road, they can always leave. Ppl do leave guilds, no matter how determined they were when they first wanted to join a certain guild. It has to work both ways; the pirate who wants to join, and the guild, they both have to find it mutual for them to accept and be accepted.

As for being 'rude', that's a whole different story. If somebody in a guild says something that is not nice according to common interpretation, then it is rude - like boasting, calling names, mocking, being disruptive in general, etc. Nobody should put up with that, including you, Dark ... Then just walk away; that guild is not worth your time and energy, and doesn't live up to their so-called greatness. But remember, rudeness can happen in any guild, I would not generalize a whole guild for the flaw of a few guild members. And it partly depends on how much rudeness is tolerated in the guild as well.

Bottom line, find the guild that fits you, not the guild that has 'big popularity', as it might not fit you anyways. And if it doesn't work, find another one. Surely you can find one that fits your style eventually. Some pirates might be lucky to find 'the one' easily, some might have to be guild-hoppers for a while. Either way, it's your happiness playing Pirates, so you take time to find the one that is right for you. :)

well i only have three rules in the prophecy not that enough ppl get on for them to matter. but they are no drama ask to tp and unlimited only. and yes rules are rules made by the gm and they must be followed to stay in the guild.

if you know a guild with a great name, no rules, hanging out, and the right amount of talking.. preferably small.... then sign me up. Rose has been more guild less then ever. :sad1:

My Brother wanted to be in Spania but he didn't have open chat he tried so may times to get it but he couldent. So he made another account and is almot lv 15 open chat. So he respectied the rules others should to.

wall i think its a great way to keep people happy that no one is being rude and that every 1 is
the same
EDIT (Jan 23, 2011 at 6:20 PM):
Has any of you ever asked to join a guild or crew and have been rejected or turned down just because your not a member, dont have open chat, and to low of a lvl?
Yeah I have. That's what I call just plain rude.Guilds are supposed to allow all levels, both members and non-members, no matter what chat they have (like open chat, speedchat, etc). I asked someone in a certain guild if I can join until I can friend someone I know. I told him that I was a high level on a low level pirate and a friend of the guildmaster and he still would not allow me. And this guild had said before that they allow all levels and players as long as they are not rude and cause drama. I also told him i'm a different person then all the rest. But still wouldn't allow me in. And you call that the greatest guild of all? Last guilds are supposed to be groups that love to hang out with each other and help each other with whatever they need help with.
I liked the pirates back when it first started. You could join any guild you wanted as many times as you wanted and they still would not reject you.

Yes i have. wow this is big

Well guys you need rules to have order in a guild. If you didn't have rules there would be a lot of drama and basicly chaos, as specially when you have almost 500 members. I have rules in mine.....I don't get any complaints about them, everyone thinks they are fair.
rolleyes.gif

Well guys you need rules to have order in a guild. If you didn't have rules there would be a lot of drama and basicly chaos, as specially when you have almost 500 members. I have rules in mine.....I don't get any complaints about them, everyone thinks they are fair. :rolleyes:

I dont have much rules in my guild. The only rule in my guild is dont harrass anyone especially the guildmaster. And we all get along real well. To us drama and chaos is normal. For us it happens everday. And when the drama and chaos happens, it's usually done and over with within ten minutes. Everything returns to normal and there are no complaints.

i like the way wrath of ravens enforce their rules. normally it take a few warning from officers. then the officers online at that time have a meeting to talk about the unruley member. then their is a vote as to boot the pirate or not. the last one i was involved in we had to boot a fellow officer. this was a very sad day, but had to be done for the health of the guild. their is also a do not guild list on the wrath of ravens web site. this works well for the officers and vets when comes to not reguilding past trouble makers. grace and raven have worked very hard to make this guild what it is today. i am very proud to be a part of it.:woot:

Back