Idea Guild Ships

Wemnix

Swashbuckler
Everyone wants ships of the line to be usable. No one wants every Jack, Elizabeth and Will to have one, either. Guild ships, the perfect balance. Brought to you by Laser Kittens Inc. Laser Kittens Inc. Bringing you laser kittens wherever you go. On to the idea!

Each guild gets one, huge, unstoppable (mostly) Ship Of The Line. It can hold up to 50 people at a time, with a bottom deck with more cannons! 15 on each side on the bottom deck, and 10 on the left and right on the top. 5 more are on the front, one facing directly forward. And 4 more are on the back, facing backwards, defending its only weak point.

Below deck also has Private Holds, used to hold gold and Famed and Legendary weapons when they are not being used. Players can make their hold available to everyone, or just for themselves. To prevent theft, any gold or weapons taken can be called back using a button on the GUI. You can also sell things to your guildmates, or rent them out for gold/day. Prices have a minimum, to prevent everyone having infinite Legendaries. They can’t participate in Privateering, and they also cannot be captained by anyone who is not a Guildmaster or Co-Guildmaster. Certain groups of cannons (the front broadsides, front deck, back broadsides, deck, etc) can be reserved for certain ranks, too. This is kind of huge, but players would go CRAZY to see something like this out. One day, maybe. One day....

Ahoy!

Awesome idea, something I think would be really GREAT! Further to your suggestion, a Guild Ship gives good reason to create a Guild Bank with Guild Currency, which could also potentially lead towards the possibility for Guild to Guild Sales and Trades. Potential for a whole new player driven Economy of sorts.

One thing I would like to suggest, should Guild Ships become a thing, there should be some sort of Quest to unlock them... I would love to see some sort of quest where a Guild would need to "Prove it's mettle" in order to unlock access to the Ship of the Line. And make it actually quite challenging, perhaps limit the number of attempts each day a Guild can make at the Final Mission as it were, so that for example only 2 attempts in a 24hour time window. So Guilds would need to really work together as a Crew to secure them and they would be less likely to become too common on the OS.

I would like to hear more suggestions and enhancements to this idea, really make something for Guilds to work for.

Cheers!

Kriss Wild Wolf
Guild Master of Caribbean Curse

Back