Happiness Is Helping Others.

red beard

Pirate Apprentice
when i logged in this moring no one in my guild (wrath of ravens) needed any help. they were doing crew pvp togather. they love to do team pvp. now i'm not some big bad pirate for sure, but i do like helping others.
screenshot_2011-03-20_11-48-21.jpg
i notice that a long time friend pricilla ( about 3 years ) was on line. she was trying to finsh up the pearl crew quest. so we crewed up and spent the afternoon doing her quest.
screenshot_2011-03-20_14-27-38.jpg
we were finshing up the last of her quest ships when we came acrossed this rare site, an EITC juggernaut. i haven't seen one of these in months.
screenshot_2011-03-20_14-28-06.jpg
how ever this is one juggernaut that will never be seen again. it wasn't on our list, but what the heck, we sent to davy jones any way. when the time came to do the deed ( recover the black pearl ) she put out a call to her guildies in spania and about 6 show up.
screenshot_2011-03-20_16-03-47.jpg
well with help like that we were able to destroy the bridges, dispatch the goliath and make our get away.
screenshot_2011-03-20_16-03-53.jpg
although some of us were just barely hanging on at the end, priscilla got her prize and leadership and the rest of us got the joy of helping a friend.:party:

my mom told me,
if happiness makes you feel good inside, you're not doing it for the person, you're doing it for your own good ;)
(this wasn't aimed toward you, i was just saying)

I am not sure i understand what you saying here,...maybe have your mom write a little note, i am curious now, what she means by that,...that is almost like a riddle,..if you look at all scenarios,..is like, is that a good thing or a bad thing,..?

I am not sure i understand what you saying here,...maybe have your mom write a little note, i am curious now, what she means by that,...that is almost like a riddle,..if you look at all scenarios,..is like, is that a good thing or a bad thing,..?

lets say you're helping a friend clean their stable. when you finish, you feel great for helping that person, therefore, you are making yourself feel better and not really having anything to do with helping your friend. ya know? like, if you would help someone you do it for the person's good, not your own.

lets say you're helping a friend clean their stable. when you finish, you feel great for helping that person, therefore, you are making yourself feel better and not really having anything to do with helping your friend. ya know? like, if you would help someone you do it for the person's good, not your own.

why would you be cleaning a stable?

why would you be cleaning a stable?

she wants to learn how to clean up after his horse... maybe her mom yelled at him for not cleaning it idk

and why is it that i always have to do the good thing cant do the bad if someone wants something i dont need ill give it to them and idk why!
EDIT (Mar 21, 2011 at 7:43 PM):
idk it was an example... I'd rather clean stables than be cleaning elephant dung.

im not so sure about that

Not gonna lie... I wudnt help u clean the stables lol I'd get u the shovel tho hahah

i wouldnt need to clean the stable cuz i dont live near a horsea though if i did id be sitting outside the stable with a root beer in my hand and my sister shoveling the stable (no matter how nice i am that is one job i will not do)

i wouldnt need to clean the stable cuz i dont live near a horsea though if i did id be sitting outside the stable with a root beer in my hand and my sister shoveling the stable (no matter how nice i am that is one job i will not do)
Yup u cudnt pay me to do it... Horses smell so bad

If you break down your example, this is what i would get out of it, you actually, made two people and one animal feel better.
1. Your friend, because that is a lot of work, and no fun, two people get the job done twice as fast.
2. The horse, now his living conditions have improved, no one likes to stand in his own, poop, yuck. (we dont like
stepping in it either).
3. You feel better about yourself, as you have been able to contribute to the care of a horse, and help out of friend,
who got stuck doing, a nasty job, no one likes to do, you know that had to make him happy.

Anything you do to help improve someone, or some animals, situation, always is done, even though it may cost you time, a lot of money, energy, and sometimes sorrow, is done with the thought to make them happy, and in the very end, when you see the result of what you have been able to do for them, that is what makes you smile inside. And then you have to have the strength to say, ok, now can i do that all over again,...:angel:

Back