HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Pirates Forums!!

happybirthday.png
I'd like to start off by saying THANK YOU to our brilliant Admin and CREATOR of the Forums, Davy Darkrage! Without him, I wouldn't of met all of you ;)

The Forum's anniversary is 10/12/11! Happy birthday!

We've been through so much together, and I'm VERY impressed at how we've grown! I've been here for a while, and as the 97th member EVER on the forums, all I have to say is "WOW!". I've never stuck to a site this long, and consider it an achievement for staying this long. And I'm going to stay. I've enjoyed all the times with you guys, and have enjoyed making such great friends here!

I think it's appropriate to bring this subject here on this type of thread... How did you find these forums?

For me, I remember when I was back in the guild McRaging, and had a small number of 50 or so subscribers on youtube. I wanted to find a McRaging site, so I typed in mcraging.com, and since that's a redirect link for this site, I was like "Ah, ok! McRaging site!" and signed up. I didn't stay long however, and I forgot about the forums for 3-4 months. (facepalm). Then in Jan/Feb, I remember seeing Basil Darkratte's video about this site, and I decided to visit. I started to create an account again, but saw my name was already taken. And remembered. So I signed back in and it all began. The community had significantly grown since I last visited. And I stayed. :)

I gotta say, I LOVE the forums! I can't wait to see where we'll go from this point! :D

Happy birthday forums!!! And thanks to Davy's geniusness for creating this amazing site! I've met so many great people here and continue to have so much fun. :]

LONG LIVE PIRATES FORUMS! :D <3

thanks for making this site davy(and letting me stay after being stupid)! i love this site . i have never stayed at a site this long. and long after i leave pirates online i will still always have a home here. thanks all the moderators for maintaining this site and thanks friends for posting great stuff! may this forums keep growing and get several thousand more members

HAPPY 1-st ANNIVERSARY, PIRATES FORUMS!

0124.gif

Thank you, Davy, for your hard work creating this wonderful site! I'm looking forward to many more years of growth with this Forums!

I'd like to give a credit to my old guild for that was the reason I knew about this site. I was invited by Maha, and she asked me to check this site out and see if I would join it. She asked if I had any problem with joining this site and I said "No". It was not always easy for me to sign up to any online site, but I just knew then that I would not have any problem with this Forums. I never cease to get involved in this site since Dec 11, 2010, and I intend to keep it that way. This Forums is like my second home online (I could not believe I said that), it beats Facebook that used to be in that position. And I'm glad that I befriend so many ppl here who I feel as my best friends even though we never see each other in person. That's showing how powerful this Forums is as a social network.

Keep up the good work and I'd be glad to help out in any way I could! And thank you everyone who has taken a part of making this Forums as awesome as it is! :D

oh and i left out thank you jade for telling me about this site. i believe i joined january 2 2011 after jade told me this was an awesome site. i have met some great people here

Lol a year already. I'm one of the websites ancestor's I was the 13th to join the website but since a couple of people left or never confirmed they wanted to join by email I believe that makes me the 7th or 6th person who actually stayed and still uses the site. I joined on October 13th, 2010 and I remember the site being practically empty and I didn't know how far the site would come. I actually only joined cause someone spammed me on Potco practically begging me to join lol but I'm glad they did because I have loved this site ever since.

I've been coming on to the site almost everyday and have seen the site slowly grow more and more everyday. We have such an amazing staff who help keep the site in check every single day but of course we wouldn't have gotten this far without the members. I went from being a member to a news reporter, moderator, then finally lead mod and hopefully some day I can become an admin of this site lol.

I have made many amazing friends on this site and love the fact that this site is practically the Facebook of Potco because I get to see what so many people look like and through albums and profile updates I can show people the stuff going on in my life. I'm glad I joined this site and I can't wait to see what's to come in the future.

Congrats PiratesForums On Making It This Far!!!:woot:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FORUMS!!!! :drink:Heres to many more years to come :D

Thank you Davy Darkrage for creating an amazing forum for all us Pirates!

Well, Johnny up there was the one that brought me over to the Forums. He told me to join when the Forums had barely started, but I had a little miss understanding with someone and decided to stay away. But after a few months i decided to just join and see how it went. Few days later, the little miss understanding was solved between me and that person. So since I've been a member of the Forums since March 21. Im staying here until im told otherwise :)Thank you Mak for leading me to the Forums xD

Happy birthday to the forums ;)

Without all of our amazing members there would be nothing to celebrate, I give thanks to everyone who is a part of our community. I can't believe it's been an entire year myself, it's all gone by very fast. I'd also like to thank anyone who has ever given us suggestions for the site, I try my best to make them happen, and there's always some more things around the corner.

Looking forward to celebrating another one.

Reactions: Bad
i will ask you davy what made you want to make this site?
At the time, Spania was evaluating getting a hosted guild forum on other fansites. Eventually the idea was thrown around to build one of our own, and I volunteered to make it happen. Respectfully, we figured this was the best route for us, and ended up deciding it should be open to the entire community of Pirates. 12 months later and I'm very happy with the result.

Happy Birthday Pirates Forums!
Special Thanks to Davy For creating this awesome site!

hb.jpeg

Happy Birthday Forums!!!

A special shout out to the members here!!!
You guys rock!!

Can't wait to see what the next year brings!!!

Back