Announcement Happy Halloween !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in a time called "The 60s" my school had a Halloween Festival. I was 13 and a girl who liked me - and I her - met there for the first "date" for either of us. I won a stuffed animal for her at a booth. She was my first girlfriend, first girl's hand I held, first kiss. A couple of months later my family moved to a city 600 miles away. There was no internet then, no email, no mobile phones. Eventually after we both graduated from our respective high schools I lost contact with her and never knew what had become of her for 42 years.
So when someone says to me, "Happy Halloween", I just nod and say "Boo".
:trick or treat:

I have a 6 ft. pirate statue that I put on my front porch along with a giant treasure chest full of candy. Then I transform myself into Lady Jane de Belleville in full pirate regalia and snarl at the wee kiddos... "What arrgh ye doin' on me porch!??!?"

Good stuff.....

My youngest was about 2 and dressed like a lion, oldest was wrapped up like a mummy, he was 5 and in kindergarten. After trick or treating, we came home and dumped out the candy and the two of them were sitting on the couch looking too stinking cute! I'm glad I got a pic of it.

I remember working at a haunted house as a scary undead girl that crawls on the floor demonically. I freaked out so many people. One old lady fell over because of me (which I felt really bad about). Fun experience though, and despite the bruises all over my legs, I got paid a lot of money.

There's one house in my town that really goes all out with the decorations every year. It's creative, it's spooky, it even has optical illusions, like the kind where you're looking down a well and it goes on and on seemingly infinitely. I always looked forward to visiting this house while trick-or-treating every year - not for the candy, but to loiter in their front yard and meticulously inspect and gape over all the cool stuff they had. Going to stop by later tonight to see what they have this year! :)

I think the best memory of Halloween that I have is scaring my parents at night. My friends and I usually had sleepovers Halloween night, and so we would go crazy eating our candy post trick-or-treating. One night, we frightened my dad so much, that he quite literally flew out of his boots. At first he was mad, but then he started laughing. We then gathered water balloons, and pelted my mother as she returned from my friend's house. By far the best Halloween I've celebrated. Though I don't get much time anymore.

:happy halloween::trick or treat::mask:

One of my favorite years was the first year I bought my armor. I totally didn't plan it, but I was sitting by the candy bowl waiting for trick-or-treaters to come by and it was after work... Was just resting and enjoying the cool of the evening. I heard some costumed children coming up the path so I reached in the bowl and started to stand up. They thought I was decoration... Screamed their heads off and ran all the way to the road before they calmed enough to turn around and see what exactly happened. I couldn't help but laugh... They got extra candy as an apology. haha!

My favorite Halloween was when my brother and his best friend, Zach, set up a TRICK for the TREATERS.... Zach wore a metal back brace. The brace was technically to treat his scoliosis, but my brother realized it was also for hanging Zach from various places....who knew? He dressed Zach as a ghoul, tied a rope to his brace, threw the rope over a rafter on the front porch, and hauled Zach up. He looked like a hanging decoration when he stayed still. When trick-or-treaters came up to get their candy, Zach had great fun moving and groaning - and laughing when they left a lot faster and noisily than they entered! And, of course, we enjoyed watching....and occasionally munching on a dropped piece of candy or two, as jumping may dislodge a treat from the top of a treater's the bag....5 second rule!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back