Blog Post HAPPY TLOPO HOLIDAYS!

848e25fec0b368b59eeed4ca30dbdfac.jpg_558x314.jpg

Good day, lads and ladies. I've come on your shores to deck your halls with boughs of Holly Frost! Yessir, that's my name, and I am here to spread goodwill and cheer this merry season. If you stop by the Yuletide Manor on Tortuga, my husband and I can provide you with various goodies such as new holiday weapons to suit your needs for this frosty time of year. We'll be here for the foreseeable future - just take heed. We will be headed back to our home island come January 31st.

Ah, the best things in life are free, though! If you find yourself lacking in holiday cheer after a visit to our manor, do not fret. The holidays are a special time indeed, full of various surprises and wonder. My advice to you, darling? Keep an open eye -- and an open heart.

Happy Holidays from the Frost Family!

848e25fec0b368b59eeed4ca30dbdfac.jpg_558x314.jpg

Good day, lads and ladies. I've come on your shores to deck your halls with boughs of Holly Frost! Yessir, that's my name, and I am here to spread goodwill and cheer this merry season. If you stop by the Yuletide Manor on Tortuga, my husband and I can provide you with various goodies such as new holiday weapons to suit your needs for this frosty time of year. We'll be here for the foreseeable future - just take heed. We will be headed back to our home island come January 31st.

Ah, the best things in life are free, though! If you find yourself lacking in holiday cheer after a visit to our manor, do not fret. The holidays are a special time indeed, full of various surprises and wonder. My advice to you, darling? Keep an open eye -- and an open heart.

Happy Holidays from the Frost Family!
Is this the bowdash manor?
I've been trying to find the other mysterious mansion on tort as well.

is the leg cutlass enchanted moonstone amount a bug? I'd have better luck getting a legendary than finding that many stones lol. 1200!

Pretty sure this has never been the case before but it's certainly a step up from the HOP giveaway from POTCO. That thing made a lot of swords irrelevant.
Well, I'm kind of on the fence about being able to buy a legendary. I can hear the elootists screaming right about now.
If it's just a cosmetic weapon and not effective in battle, it may not be a big deal then. Legendary clothes wouldn't matter to me at all.
If they're going to offer a legendary to all, I imagine it wouldn't be a level restricted thing either.

Well, I'm kind of on the fence about being able to buy a legendary. I can hear the elootists screaming right about now.
If it's just a cosmetic weapon and not effective in battle, it may not be a big deal then. Legendary clothes wouldn't matter to me at all.
If they'er going to offer a legendary to all, I imagine it wouldn't be a level restricted thing either.
Well I'm what you would call an "elootist" and I'm not screaming. I'm getting tired of playing crazy chances to get each weapon. This is a nice relaxing break since I can multitask by killing other bosses and still work my way towards this one. In fact, this update is gearing people towards Remington which really works out for me since I really want Mercer's Pistol.

Well I'm what you would call an "elootist" and I'm not screaming. I'm getting tired of playing crazy chances to get each weapon. This is a nice relaxing break since I can multitask by killing other bosses and still work my way towards this one. In fact, this update is gearing people towards Remington which really works out for me since I really want Mercer's Pistol.
Did you buy or look at the vendor for the weapon yet? What does it cost, and is it nerfed and non level?
I may or may not get in game today.

If they're going to offer a legendary to all, I imagine it wouldn't be a level restricted thing either.
i mean when you really look at the legendary its got good attack ya but the rest of the bonuses (minus the voodoo damage for farming a real legendary if you need one) are pretty bad honestly

I couldn't help but have a Skallagrim moment when seeing the weapons in the store. The stats don't seem all that great either. I'll probably not bother getting one. *shrug*

I really love this update.
Those saying it's easier to get a legendary instead of the 1200 cost, I got 2100 haunted bones but didn't get any of the 4 HW legends. This is perfect. It still takes a tremendous amount of effort, and as long as legend 4 isn't Devil Root you can search for that while working towards this new one (assuming you are looking at Tomas, Jacques, Dartan or Hex -- all Skeletons // all drop moonstones).

In my personal opinion, Silver Striker is an entirely serviceable Legendary weapon.

I dare to remind players that each Legendary weapon that is released into the game is NOT intended as a direct counter OR a one up to any of the existing Legendaries in the game. Though players might think highly of one over another, they are all meant to have a unique and individual liking to them.

In short, sure, it may not beat Leviathan, or Jack's Blade, but it doesn't mean it's a bad weapon. It's serviceable and many players may take a liking to it over the previous blades I mentioned.

In my personal opinion, Silver Striker is an entirely serviceable Legendary weapon.

I dare to remind players that each Legendary weapon that is released into the game is NOT intended as a direct counter OR a one up to any of the existing Legendaries in the game. Though players might think highly of one over another, they are all meant to have a unique and individual liking to them.

In short, sure, it may not beat Leviathan, or Jack's Blade, but it doesn't mean it's a bad weapon. It's serviceable and many players may take a liking to it over the previous blades I mentioned.
Yeah I really like it, reminds me of Bruiser's Cutlass but a legendary. Love that animation too, so it's cool to have it as a legend.

Back