Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Captain Redhorn

Site Founder
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, the 8th Harry Potter "book," was released on Sunday. It's written like a play and is focused on what the wizarding world is 19 years after Deathly Hallows. Has anybody read this or gone to see the play (in London) yet? What did you think? *No spoilers, please.

Harry-Potter-book.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________​
I personally have read Act 1 so far, and it's starting to get really good. I wish there was more of JK Rowlings amazing writing, but I have enjoyed the book so far. I'm curious to hear what you guys think
:harry: :harry: :harry:

I was actually pretty excited about this, so much that I even ordered it online. I read though that its cheesy and not really good, plus I heard from many that its actually the script of the play not the actual story, so still unsure here and I cancelled the order :/

I didnt and dont wanna believe that its bad because Rowling is phenomenal, however I will keep looking for a version of it online or at least the first few pages just to see if it really is a script or not, then Ill buy it

I read the script, since the play sold out so quick (!), and I hated it. I'm sad and sorry to say that I thought it was awful!

Love Harry Potter but Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was a cash grab imo and also the story is like fan fiction.

I was shocked to find that yes, it is essentially fan fiction, but it is MILES better that something like 50 Shades of Grey. If you enjoy Rowling's work, you might enjoy it, just don't expect something exactly like the original series. Hope this helped!

Back