Weapons Has anyone found all 5 yet?

I have only found blade of the abyss and discovered sadly that it's a cutlass and not very powerful at all.
The weapons buffs for it may be nerfed possibly.

Does the legendary and famed weapons algorithms work best if you have everything maxed or do you believe it's simply luck?

Does the legendary and famed weapons algorithms work best if you have everything maxed or do you believe it's simply luck?
It is mostly luck, but it is best to max everything in my opinion. Certain weapons can only be looted on specific islands, some weapons from specific enemies, certain sea items from Cannon Defense, Admiral's Cutlass while sailing, etc. If you do not unlock particular weapons, such as doll, then you will not be able to loot those famed weapons and therefore you will have a better chance at looting other famed weapons/sea items instead.

Last edited:
It is mostly luck, but it is best to max everything in my opinion. Certain weapons can only be looted on specific islands, some weapons from specific enemies, certain sea items from Cannon Defense, Admiral's Cutlass while sailing, etc. If you do not unlock particular weapons, such as doll, then you will not be able to loot those famed weapons and therefore you will have a better chance at looting other famed weapons/sea items instead.
Do you think not maxed in potions can have an effect on legendary? Also, I have not been able to finish the Pearl quest, which I feel may be a real issue to get to legendary level.

Neither of those has any effect on loot.
Something does, I'm not going to give up my theories. I've seen too many examples . It's programming. You reach a threshold of data and go to the next routine. Whatever parameter you attain moves you higher into the stack or next stack..whatever. Computer programmers mumbo jumbo. But apparently I do not have the combinations of attainment to unlock the legendary weapons/items reward routine. Leg fish is a totally different level of process thread/branch. I can see a pirate note level is a factor, but not as a high note level issue.

I'll go on record now and say I will receive a legendary immediately after completing the Pearl. I will not do anything at the moment I finally successfully accomplish the pearl and report here before going back in game. Then I will report my progress. I have not done any quests in weeks, there really isn't any but old ones that I have already done popping up randomly. The spanish/french thing isn't done, but I have no interest as it's a quest to teach people about pvp basically. And I have zero interest in pvp.

And it won't matter where I get it from.
The luck of the draw in my mind is what kind of item you get, not that you'll be lucky to get it. I get skull chests on a regular basis without fail.

I've looted with plenty of people my exact level and they get legendary while I get nothing out of the very same skull chest. Consistently.
I have simply not found the key to open legendary up to me.

And I'm only talking land loot.

Something does, I'm not going to give up my theories. I've seen too many examples . It's programming. You reach a threshold of data and go to the next routine. Whatever parameter you attain moves you higher into the stack or next stack..whatever. Computer programmers mumbo jumbo. But apparently I do not have the combinations of attainment to unlock the legendary weapons/items reward routine. Leg fish is a totally different level of process thread/branch. I can see a pirate note level is a factor, but not as a high note level issue.

I'll go on record now and say I will receive a legendary immediately after completing the Pearl. I will not do anything at the moment I finally successfully accomplish the pearl and report here before going back in game. Then I will report my progress. I have not done any quests in weeks, there really isn't any but old ones that I have already done popping up randomly. The spanish/french thing isn't done, but I have no interest as it's a quest to teach people about pvp basically. And I have zero interest in pvp.

The luck of the draw in my mind is what kind of item you get, not that you'll be lucky to get it. I get skull chests on a regular basis without fail.

I've looted with plenty of people my exact level and they get legendary while I get nothing out of the very same skull chest. Consistently.

Have you considered that you may just have no luck? Because I know I do not!

I finished the Pearl Quest in about a day after they fixed it so you could complete it and have looted fairly hard ever since the RC quest opened, finding 10 different famed cursed blades along the way, but have yet to find a legendary. I think I am not alone, many people have tried hard and found nothing. I will keep trying.

Have you considered that you may just have no luck? Because I know I do not!
It's a computer program with RNG proponents amongst other things to make it function.
You either qualify in some way to advance to another level or milestone, mine being legendary weapons failure, or you don't.

The simple fact that certain items or quests don't happen unless you progress through a level, acquirement or even talking to a npc strengthens my contention that even weapons have a threshold you must attain or surpass. I don't think that's even at question. I'm just wrestling around with WHAT things I'm missing while being a maxed pirate for some time now. All beta testing aside, this is just my personal issue on this quest for legendary. I'm not really worried about it, I'd just like to get over the hump.

I don't go in game with any real direction, but to fool around and discover irregularities that my input could be used to improve the build of the game. The desires for certain items or other things is very secondary to why I'm allowed to play the game.

It's even better that one can have fun too.

gl

It's a computer program with RNG proponents amongst other things to make it function.
You either qualify in some way to advance to another level or milestone, mine being legendary weapons failure, or you don't.

The simple fact that certain items or quests don't happen unless you progress through a level, acquirement or even talking to a npc strengthens my contention that even weapons have a threshold you must attain or surpass. I don't think that's even at question. I'm just wrestling around with WHAT things I'm missing while being a maxed pirate for some time now. All beta testing aside, this is just my personal issue on this quest for legendary. I'm not really worried about it, I'd just like to get over the hump.

I don't go in game with any real direction, but to fool around and discover irregularities that my input could be used to improve the build of the game. The desires for certain items or other things is very secondary to why I'm allowed to play the game.

It's even better that one can have fun too.

gl
TLOPO staff told me that loot is only affected by "level (whether the enemy is grey, green, yellow, or red), weapons unlocked, and random chance. Otherwise, there isn't a whole lot else to it." So unless the people who are recreating the game are lying or there is a massive glitch, loot has nothing to do with any "milestones", aside from things like unlocking cursed weapons after completing the Raven's Cove storyline. All such milestones have been explicitly made known.

This is my last post on this topic here. We can discuss it further in pm, but we are starting to derail this thread.

You're welcome.

In response to the OP, I currently have no cursed legendary. RIP.

Last edited:
Loot is affected by many variables many of which are well known and published, such as you can't loot cursed blades unless you have completed the RC Quest. Many people including developers will tell you that loot is random, this is clearly not the case. I don't think that they are lying it's just that loot is very complex and can't easily be explained so even people who know what they are talking about will tend to abbreviate and just say random. Loot is variable not random. Many of the things that affect loot are yes or no but others are higher or lower chance for something. You can hugely increase your chances of getting cursed blades, including the legendary ones, by only leveling sword to 30 and doing only whatever is necessary to complete the RC Quest BUT who would actually do that? My son was able to get all the finest sailing items before lvl 30 by only sailing. I'm quite certain that many of the things that affect loot are unknown to the community in general. It is wrong to say loot is random but at the same time it is also wrong to think you can have complete control of it. You certainly can control it to some degree.

TLOPO staff told me that loot is only affected by "level (whether the enemy is grey, green, yellow, or red), weapons unlocked, and random chance. Otherwise, there isn't a whole lot else to it." So unless the people who are recreating the game are lying or there is a massive glitch, loot has nothing to do with any "milestones", aside from things like unlocking cursed weapons after completing the Raven's Cove storyline. All such milestones have been explicitly made known.

This is my last post on this topic here. We can discuss it further in pm, but we are starting to derail this thread.

In response to the OP, I currently have no cursed legendary. RIP.
Yes. I shouldn't have derailed it. I may make a thread explicitly for this topic though. Thanks.
Or not.

Loot is affected by many variables many of which are well known and published, such as you can't loot cursed blades unless you have completed the RC Quest. Many people including developers will tell you that loot is random, this is clearly not the case. I don't think that they are lying it's just that loot is very complex and can't easily be explained so even people who know what they are talking about will tend to abbreviate and just say random. Loot is variable not random. Many of the things that affect loot are yes or no but others are higher or lower chance for something. You can hugely increase your chances of getting cursed blades, including the legendary ones, by only leveling sword to 30 and doing only whatever is necessary to complete the RC Quest BUT who would actually do that? My son was able to get all the finest sailing items before lvl 30 by only sailing. I'm quite certain that many of the things that affect loot are unknown to the community in general. It is wrong to say loot is random but at the same time it is also wrong to think you can have complete control of it. You certainly can control it to some degree.
No player controls the loot, only the devs.

Do you think not maxed in potions can have an effect on legendary? Also, I have not been able to finish the Pearl quest, which I feel may be a real issue to get to legendary level.
Honestly, I think this whole notion of completing BP and maxing out all your skills is a whole bunch of baloney. On my main pirate, where I've completed BP and RC, and maxed basically all my skills, the only legendaries I have on him are Lost Sword and SF. On the other hand, on my other pirate, who has only completed RC, and not even touched BP, and hasn't even unlocked Doll or Staff, and has barely done fishing or potions, I have 3 Lost Swords, Thunderspine, and WEB. That's in addition to 2 Admiral's Cutlasses, several Black Shark Blades, and most of the "rarer" famed items. Also, her clothing inventory is almost 100% complete. All of this has been done without maxing everything, and without completing BP whatsoever. I've also spent roughly the same amount of time playing on both pirates. This all leads me to believe that there's no real way to "buff" your chances of looting a legendary, some people are just lucky and others aren't, and there's not really a way around it. Anyway, best of luck to you :)

(Sorry if this sounds rude, I didn't mean it to be like that, I just find this whole notion completely silly. Although it would make sense, it doesn't seem to be true in my experience in TLOPO and POTCO.)

Honestly, I think this whole notion of completing BP and maxing out all your skills is a whole bunch of baloney. On my main pirate, where I've completed BP and RC, and maxed basically all my skills, the only legendaries I have on him are Lost Sword and SF. On the other hand, on my other pirate, who has only completed RC, and not even touched BP, and hasn't even unlocked Doll or Staff, and has barely done fishing or potions, I have 3 Lost Swords, Thunderspine, and WEB. That's in addition to 2 Admiral's Cutlasses, several Black Shark Blades, and most of the "rarer" famed items. Also, her clothing inventory is almost 100% complete. All of this has been done without maxing everything, and without completing BP whatsoever. I've also spent roughly the same amount of time playing on both pirates. This all leads me to believe that there's no real way to "buff" your chances of looting a legendary, some people are just lucky and others aren't, and there's not really a way around it. Anyway, best of luck to you :)

(Sorry if this sounds rude, I didn't mean it to be like that, I just find this whole notion completely silly. Although it would make sense, it doesn't seem to be true in my experience in TLOPO and POTCO.)
It's certainly true that if you don't unlock other weapons you will have a higher chance to get the ones you have unlocked, meaning your pirate with no doll or staff has a higher chance of getting swords in drops and since cursed blades are swords you consequently have a higher chance of getting them. As for quests, I have no idea if they affect loot other than the obvious, such as looting cursed blades requires the RC Quest to be complete. I rather, like you, suspect they don't make any difference.

Back