Has Anyone Tried "Sailing the Edge"?

I haven't tried it in TLOPO. Back in PoTCO I always wanted there to be a big billboard sticking up out of the water that you would slowly sail towards and when you got the "You've reached the edge of the world" message you'd read the billboard that says "Eat at Joes" or "Last fuel stop for 10,000,000 miles" or something ridiculous like that.

We used to do this before. I never knew if it was considered a "bug" or part of the fun.

I believe it wasn't really a bug, it just marked the boundary line and I think they wanted the "At World's End" vibe. But it was so weird to be there; you turn around and all the islands are SO far away lol (if you talking about when the water below you disappears and looks like you are falling off the edge, then yeah, that was a glitch xD)

I remember there was a rumor at one point that if you sail the edge long enough you would see or fight the kraken....Pretty sure the rumor was just a rumor haha

I believe it wasn't really a bug, it just marked the boundary line and I think they wanted the "At World's End" vibe. But it was so weird to be there; you turn around and all the islands are SO far away lol (if you talking about when the water below you disappears and looks like you are falling off the edge, then yeah, that was a glitch xD)

I remember there was a rumor at one point that if you sail the edge long enough you would see or fight the kraken....Pretty sure the rumor was just a rumor haha
It was a bug for mat runs, when you had a bounty hunter after you and you sailed head first into the edge they wouldn't hit you.

That is still my favorite way to do hunters. However, it certainly requires skill these days, because the Hunters have a knack of trying to go behind. Whatever it is, there is something in sailing mechanics right now in TLOPO that is messing up edge sailing.

I like doing this if my crew and I are after only certain kinds of materials. If for example you are going after 'Rare Materials' you can take out the sails easily from the hunter and leave it be, only sinking warships. Or the other way around.

For casual mats, other methods are probably easier, this is just a good ole nostalgic method xD

I like doing this if my crew and I are after only certain kinds of materials. If for example you are going after 'Rare Materials' you can take out the sails easily from the hunter and leave it be, only sinking warships. Or the other way around.

For casual mats, other methods are probably easier, this is just a good ole nostalgic method xD
Have they actually fixed sail-bashing on hunters yet? When I last tried that the Hunters didn't care, they were just as speedy no sails as they were with.

Have they actually fixed sail-bashing on hunters yet? When I last tried that the Hunters didn't care, they were just as speedy no sails as they were with.

Honestly using the edge, it's hard to tell. Even in potco when you took off the sails of the hunter it stayed nearby. But you could be right, it might make no difference currently. If anything it's an indicator to leave that one alone lol.

Honestly using the edge, it's hard to tell. Even in potco when you took off the sails of the hunter it stayed nearby. But you could be right, it might make no difference currently. If anything it's an indicator to leave that one alone lol.

Huh, in POTCO I would have my crew do half sails. They still would fall well behind Warships at that rate as well. Perhaps I did edge at a faster pace, I dunno. Hunters would completely stop in POTCO if all sails were removed, just like any other ship. And when they fell behind too much they'd disappear and would send new hunter.

Huh, in POTCO I would have my crew do half sails. They still would fall well behind Warships at that rate as well. Perhaps I did edge at a faster pace, I dunno. Hunters would completely stop in POTCO if all sails were removed, just like any other ship. And when they fell behind too much they'd disappear and would send new hunter.

I definitely did the edge at a slower pace than most, letting enemy fire splash as close to my ship without hitting as I could. But again, you could be totally right, my memory on how the hunters behaved on potco could be skewed. I never remember them sending a new hunter if the other got too far away, but then again, maybe that's why I stayed closer to the hunter? So I wouldn't have to go through 'de-sailing' a new hunter?
It's obvious that they work differently here now than they used to.

I did it quite a bit in earlier Beta but since I completed my ships I rarely do mat runs, if I do they are at the mat partys or with a big enough crew to do it in the open sea. I'm pretty certain that the End of the World as we called it works fine. You can also do the same thing around all the islands though you need to steer a lot more and sometimes random ships get in the way.

Sailing to the edge works but is time consuming, not to mention no where near as exciting.

I've used a glitch around islands with all ships and biggest ships and it let me max sailing in record time.
But I'm not going to explain it or they'll fix it and then if other people discover it they won't be able to lvl like I did.

I've used a glitch around islands with all ships and biggest ships and it let me max sailing in record time.
But I'm not going to explain it or they'll fix it and then if other people discover it they won't be able to lvl like I did.
I just sailed out to the edge a few days ago because I feel asleep at the wheel. One second I was at cuba, the next second the edge. It just says 'you've reached the edge turn your ship around' or something like that.

Back