Idea Have Legendary Weapons Drop as Quests

or just straight up a treasure map, could by a way for the wonderful devs to do more with that tieor of drop, things that deal in treasure maps, you could even have a RNG made map with a random captain name (the one who made the map and buried the treasure, one of the locations of the sea and what kind of enemies are in this area.

all this could be from a new type of interactable table in taverns, a planing table where you look at the map and see where the treasure is, from this table you would go off to these locations (band new areas, not any of the buried spots) and you and your crew would go in and ether fight or do a puzzle (or both) in order to access the treasure itself.

this can be for the brand new (or some existing) legendaries BUT also would be a new system that the devs can use in the future for more treasure hunting
Well, I just thought of a brand new fork in the game utilizing sunken treasure ships. You get a drop of a map, or rare sporatic vendor and it gives you rough cords' to the area of the ocean and after buying or questing for hand pumping unit to supply your quested deep sea divers suit, you can dive and recover treasure. This could incorporate enemies if need be. You would need a crew or npc to crank the air pump.

The idea other than the map idea of bogustree, is from an old dos game called 'sea rogue' that had over a hundred real located sunken ships and their accurate treasure that was found. You gained riches and competed with ai salvage ships and pirates.

Well, I just thought of a brand new fork in the game utilizing sunken treasure ships. You get a drop of a map, or rare sporatic vendor and it gives you rough cords' to the area of the ocean and after buying or questing for hand pumping unit to supply your quested deep sea divers suit, you can dive and recover treasure. This could incorporate enemies if need be. You would need a crew or npc to crank the air pump.

The idea other than the map idea of bogustree, is from an old dos game called 'sea rogue' that had over a hundred real located sunken ships and their accurate treasure that was found. You gained riches and competed with ai salvage ships and pirates.
to add to that idea, this would be a great way to introduce davy jones's crew if its not already in (im only main level 20), since they are a mix of pirate and deep sea creature, you and your crew must fight through them to get to the chests.

in fact this would allow the devs to use the "capture the chest" mechanics outside of PVP, you grab the chests and fight your way out, you could then get a chance for a map from them to get the weapons, other then that some great loot.

to add to that idea, this would be a great way to introduce davy jones's crew if its not already in (im only main level 20), since they are a mix of pirate and deep sea creature, you and your crew must fight through them to get to the chests.

in fact this would allow the devs to use the "capture the chest" mechanics outside of PVP, you grab the chests and fight your way out, you could then get a chance for a map from them to get the weapons, other then that some great loot.
And to continue on that concept, I think the maps should also be able to trade. So, to lessen the work of the game load trying to track your map inventory, you could just trade out dupe maps to someone who hasn't found that yet. This would include everyone of every level with the normal restraints of usage to your level but not excluding any player from the experience of the map quests or wanting a particular map.

One of the easiest solutions to the aghast against trading as some sort of value destroyer would be all can trade any level, but can't use until you reach a agreed upon level utilization. However the item is used, this is more important to weapons.

I've always thought it's more fair that players could find legendary at any time, they just can't use them if higher than their level. So beginners and low level pirates should also be allowed the adventures the maps could give. If the map quest pits pirates against must higher enemies, then the player simple saves her map until they level up. The map could simply display as red background, change to yellow when it gets closer to your level and turn green when you should be able to dispatch it without killing yourself. The color codes are already in the game on every single enemy. Also on our weapons. A lot of the mundane mechanics are already in the game code wise.

Also, maybe instead of legendary, maps could give you some form of armor or permanent boosts. If the game evolves that way.

It's something to look forward to as you stare at that map in your inventory.

There's even open rows in our inventory screen right now.

Last edited:
Who got so much time reading all of this tbh
I'm on lockdown and laid off temporaily, so I have lots more computer time. What part of the world are you in. I'm in the mid west United States.

Sadly, we lead the world in confirmed cv-19 cases. Just praying for the downturn sooner than later.

And to continue on that concept, I think the maps should also be able to trade. So, to lessen the work of the game load trying to track your map inventory, you could just trade out dupe maps to someone who hasn't found that yet. This would include everyone of every level with the normal restraints of usage to your level but not excluding any player from the experience of the map quests or wanting a particular map.

One of the easiest solutions to the aghast against trading as some sort of value destroyer would be all can trade any level, but can't use until you reach a agreed upon level utilization. However the item is used, this is more important to weapons.

I've always thought it's more fair that players could find legendary at any time, they just can't use them if higher than their level. So beginners and low level pirates should also be allowed the adventures the maps could give. If the map quest pits pirates against must higher enemies, then the player simple saves her map until they level up. The map could simply display as red background, change to yellow when it gets closer to your level and turn green when you should be able to dispatch it without killing yourself. The color codes are already in the game on every single enemy. Also on our weapons. A lot of the mundane mechanics are already in the game code wise.

Also, maybe instead of legendary, maps could give you some form of armor or permanent boosts. If the game evolves that way.

It's something to look forward to as you stare at that map in your inventory.

There's even open rows in our inventory screen right now.
and since i heard that player housing is on the table and may happen someday, juat as a "slightly off topic but kinda still", being able to dispay the maps you have completed.

on another note, anyone here play sly 3 honor umon thieves? there was a pirate section in there with a treasure map mini game i think could work.

you are on the island, you bring up the map and it shows your position on the island from a top down view and the path you need to fallow, sections of the map give clues to the puzzle and sometimes you need to exit map mode to see what the clue is talking about.

all this while also having to deal with enemies too.

it could be a fun treasure hunting game to play in TLOPO

Back