Idea Have Legendary Weapons Drop as Quests

muchisimosabrazos23

Swashbuckler
Ahoy everyone!
One idea I have always thought would be neat is to have legendary weapons drop as a quest. What I mean by this is that inside the loot container instead of getting the weapon you would get say a map that unlocks a quest that gives you that weapon after completing the quest. The greatest part about this is that it would give an easy opportunity for the developers to give the weapons lore in game. Also it would be a great way to tie looting and questing together! A drawback could be some people won't want to have to work more for their weapon after they looted so long for it. Perhaps an option could be given to skip the quest if they just want the weapon. I would love to see what people think about this and how it can be improved!

Ahoy everyone!
One idea I have always thought would be neat is to have legendary weapons drop as a quest. What I mean by this is that inside the loot container instead of getting the weapon you would get say a map that unlocks a quest that gives you that weapon after completing the quest. The greatest part about this is that it would give an easy opportunity for the developers to give the weapons lore in game. Also it would be a great way to tie looting and questing together! A drawback could be some people won't want to have to work more for their weapon after they looted so long for it. Perhaps an option could be given to skip the quest if they just want the weapon. I would love to see what people think about this and how it can be improved!
i think the nessecity to hunter down the legendary weapons would be a wonderful idea, i mean it SHOULD be a treasure hunt, with a cave or old fort or cursed forest to explore, like trying to find the fountain of youth.

after all WE'RE PIRATES!, treasure hunting is part of the theme! and whats a more worthy prize to hunt for then a legendary weapon? hopefully think will brake off into letting up have legendary artifacts that we can hunt for.

everyone could have that legendary and it wouldnt be that special anymore.. imagine tortuga on abassa, everyone flexing with the same legendary.

everyone could have that legendary and it wouldnt be that special anymore.. imagine tortuga on abassa, everyone flexing with the same legendary.
and? whats it like now? what difference would it be with legendary weapons that just drop from mobs then when dropped from a quest you get? nothing, but for in game it would be more fun to know about these legendary weapons and do the quest for them.

Last edited:
Those quests would have to be really really long and difficult to complete so that not enough players get them and the legendaries won't lose their value more than they would with trading.

Why not just add the redeemable legendaries back? I'd say for a quest it depends on the weapon/stats. Most of the quest weapons are pretty terrible so it would probably look something similar to Silver Freeze.

I think you misunderstand me, I don't think that you should just be able to quest for a legendary. I mean that when you're looting and you find a legendary instead of automatically getting the item in your inventory you unlock a quest that in the end gives you that weapon. This idea wouldn't in any way affect looting rates

I think you misunderstand me, I don't think that you should just be able to quest for a legendary. I mean that when you're looting and you find a legendary instead of automatically getting the item in your inventory you unlock a quest that in the end gives you that weapon. This idea wouldn't in any way affect looting rates
i think they did understand you, but wants the legendary weapons to be special or something, yeah sure they are special but its an MMO people are going to carry around the same types of weapons, can't get past that.

still though its a good idea, would love to hear the stories of the weapons and delve through ancient tombs and Aztec ruins for these things

So you have to do additional work for a legendary instead of just looting it? I don't know if most players would want that.

So you have to do additional work for a legendary instead of just looting it? I don't know if most players would want that.
well change is always seems as negative unless fully understood.

as i've said i think it would be great, makes the legendaries more then just another item and gives some personality to them, besides it would full fill the treasure hunting aspect of piracy

well change is always seems as negative unless fully understood.

as i've said i think it would be great, makes the legendaries more then just another item and gives some personality to them, besides it would full fill the treasure hunting aspect of piracy
How about just having legendaries that you can only get through a long quest and this quest might take as long as the black pearl quest but be less repetitive? I don't see why most players would want to spend time looting current legendaries and then spend even more time actually getting them through quests. I do like the idea of questing for legendaries though and maybe even other weapons/clothes.

How about just having legendaries that you can only get through a long quest and this quest might take as long as the black pearl quest but be less repetitive? I don't see why most players would want to spend time looting current legendaries and then spend even more time actually getting them through quests. I do like the idea of questing for legendaries though and maybe even other weapons/clothes.
true, in fact maybe instead this system can be introduced with some new legendaries? and maybe some of the legendary weapons and clothing used by the pirates in the movies?

Kind of cool idea. I'm assuming you meant in addition to regular legendary drops from the boss a possible random map will drop that will reward you a legendary as the reward. How about random map drops from a boss that reward a 'upgrade' to the weapon that boss drops?

Whether you looted the weapon or not it wouldn't matter, the upgrade is applied when the weapon is owned at any time.
The map quest could be kept with the lore of that boss for story telling. Many ideas can spring from yours if people aren't persuaded by the 'value' argument.

Those quests would have to be really really long and difficult to complete so that not enough players get them and the legendaries won't lose their value more than they would with trading.
Not if the quest drop is as rare as legendary drops are now and I think that is what the op is suggesting.

Maybe the drop rate of a map could be somewhere between famed and legendary, more toward legendary, so that you get them slightly more often than just the legendary, but then you have a long quest that you would have to complete in order to obtain the legendary.
Another possibility is that some new legendary items in the future could only be obtained through the drop of a map at the rate of legendary and completion of the quest associated with the map. These new legendary items would take more time to obtain of course, but would likely be better items than previously attainable.

If we stick with the idea that maps drop at the rate of legendary with the addition of a long quest and we ignore future legendary items, maybe the item could obtain a buff or a small cosmetic modification?

I just had the thought that you know loot drops are currently in three tiers, pouch, chest and skull but the game was designed for expansion to five tiers. This could be the new thing that could have a small chance of dropping in the fourth tier, a step above legendaries in skull chests, in a captain’s chest or something like that.

I just had the thought that you know loot drops are currently in three tiers, pouch, chest and skull but the game was designed for expansion to five tiers. This could be the new thing that could have a small chance of dropping in the fourth tier, a step above legendaries in skull chests, in a captain’s chest or something like that.
or just straight up a treasure map, could by a way for the wonderful devs to do more with that tieor of drop, things that deal in treasure maps, you could even have a RNG made map with a random captain name (the one who made the map and buried the treasure, one of the locations of the sea and what kind of enemies are in this area.

all this could be from a new type of interactable table in taverns, a planing table where you look at the map and see where the treasure is, from this table you would go off to these locations (band new areas, not any of the buried spots) and you and your crew would go in and ether fight or do a puzzle (or both) in order to access the treasure itself.

this can be for the brand new (or some existing) legendaries BUT also would be a new system that the devs can use in the future for more treasure hunting

or just straight up a treasure map, could by a way for the wonderful devs to do more with that tieor of drop, things that deal in treasure maps, you could even have a RNG made map with a random captain name (the one who made the map and buried the treasure, one of the locations of the sea and what kind of enemies are in this area.

all this could be from a new type of interactable table in taverns, a planing table where you look at the map and see where the treasure is, from this table you would go off to these locations (band new areas, not any of the buried spots) and you and your crew would go in and ether fight or do a puzzle (or both) in order to access the treasure itself.

this can be for the brand new (or some existing) legendaries BUT also would be a new system that the devs can use in the future for more treasure hunting
The possibilities are endless, this is a super idea that could be fairly simple in execution or very complex. There could potentially be many variations of it all live at the same time.

Are you talking about the loot rating when you said five tiers? I don't think the game was designed for more loot containers other than 3, maybe the developers can actually make the loot rating work.

Back