Have You Ever Been On The Actual POTC "ride?"

• Thread starter Shamus The Brute
  • Start date
S

Shamus The Brute

Have you EVER been on the actual Disneyland/Disneyworld :piratemickey: , "Pirates of the Caribbean," ride?

I can remember as a kid, "loving" the actual ride &, along with my cousin, would stand in line for the longest time, no matter how long it would take :)

- Sigh - "Good memories."

Your right. It was like, "magic!" I can still smell the musty, watery aroma of the ride as others & myself "sailed" forth...
...I loved the restaurant as well (the 'Blue Bayou') but, unfortunately never had the opportunity to dine :yum: while watching "pirates" sail past my dimely lit table, spoon, & fork. Maybe someday...

* One of THE best rides...I will ever know!

How can i ever forget that, was a little kid when i went with my sister, still young enough for it to be like magic. But the most memorable thing i remember about that day, was the standing, we were standing in line so long, a bird pooped on my sisters blouse, she was so MAD, and of course, i just thought that was so funny:D (just glad it wasn't me),..i mean what are the chances, that out of everyone, she gets pooed on,:woot: Yes, good memories.

we were standing in line so long, a bird pooped on my sisters blouse, she was so MAD, and of course, i just thought that was so funny:D (just glad it wasn't me),..i mean what are the chances, that out of everyone, she gets pooed on,:woot: Yes, good memories.
ROFL. That must have been hilarious...for yourself that is! It is odd how, as a kid, the things that we tend to remember from experiences. I feel bad now for your sister, Bella, lol.

In all retrospect, maybe that bird was a little impatient too, "perching" (or flying overhead) waiting to be first in line. The size of the "lines" :party: I remember were at times horrible!
EDIT (Jan 3, 2011 at 1:50 AM):

Oh and i always loved eating lunch, or dinner at that resturant right by it, t was always dark and candel lit with the boats floating by.:flag:
You are lucky, Flapjack ~ The BLUE BAYOU seems like a very nice restaurant. Like I said, I never had the chance to experience it but...it seems like a pretty nostalgic place. Dimly lit...which is pretty cool!

Aye, thats the name, good call shamus! and yes very nice place, i think i paided more attention to the boats that the food! lol any one remember having to use all those different tickets back in the day? not at all like it is now!
EDIT (Jan 3, 2011 at 1:56 AM):
:flag:Aye, thats the name, good call shamus! and yes very nice place, i think i paid more attention to the boats that the food! lol any one remember having to use all those different tickets back in the day? not at all like it is now!

ROFL. That must have been hilarious...for yourself that is! It is odd how, as a kid, the things that we tend to remember from experiences. I feel bad now for your sister, Bella, lol.

In all retrospect, maybe that bird was a little impatient too, "perching" (or flying overhead) waiting to be first in line. The "lines" :party: I remember were at times horrible size!

Day before Christmas she stopped by to drop off presents, she walks in the door, my parrot never stays in the cage, just on the cage, and first thing she says is "i don't like birds!" Wasnt even here two minutes, said, whats that smell?, i said, that is just Penny, thats a Bulldog, they have gas, what can i say,.:oops:...she said, i am out of here....
and you are right about the lines at Disney, they were so long, and is so hard for young children to stand still that long, the poor moms!:excited:

How can i ever forget that, was a little kid when i went with my sister, still young enough for it to be like magic. But the most memorable thing i remember about that day, was the standing, we were standing in line so long, a bird pooped on my sisters blouse, she was so MAD, and of course, i just thought that was so funny:D (just glad it wasn't me),..i mean what are the chances, that out of everyone, she gets pooed on,:woot: Yes, good memories.

tell your sister i'm sorry that happened to her, but birds gotta poop too ya know.:confused:

i too have been there. but what i rember most is the tuna samwitches at the pirate ship. they were world class! fine dinning for sure. :flag:

Shamus.. perfect discription, that "musty, water aroma".. the smells of that ride are so distinctive, just thinking about them, physically bring them back to my senses.. the warm humid air and the fireflies floating just off the water.. They truly left no stone (or treasure) unturned in it's design.. Also remember it as a good date ride.. particularly if you got the rear seat ;).

Have you EVER been on the actual Disneyland/Disneyworld :piratemickey: , "Pirates of the Caribbean," ride?

rollercoaster-pirates-431x3.jpg

I can remember as a kid, "loving" the actual ride &, along with my cousin, would stand in line for the longest time, no matter how long it would take :)

- Sigh - "Good memories."

Yes I have.

Day before Christmas she stopped by to drop off presents, she walks in the door, my parrot never stays in the cage, just on the cage, and first thing she says is "i don't like birds!" Wasnt even here two minutes, said, whats that smell?, i said, that is just Penny, thats a Bulldog, they have gas, what can i say,.:oops:...she said, i am out of here....
and you are right about the lines at Disney, they were so long, and is so hard for young children to stand still that long, the poor moms!:excited:

Your sister is going to be mad if she reads this Bella lol.

Back