Have You Ever Been On The Actual POTC "ride?"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shamus The Brute, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Shamus The Brute

Site Founder

Have you EVER been on the actual Disneyland/Disneyworld :piratemickey: , "Pirates of the Caribbean," ride?

I can remember as a kid, "loving" the actual ride &, along with my cousin, would stand in line for the longest time, no matter how long it would take :)

- Sigh - "Good memories."

2. Captian Morgan Kid

Site Founder

yes i too loved that ride! it was like magic

3. Shamus The Brute

Site Founder

Your right. It was like, "magic!" I can still smell the musty, watery aroma of the ride as others & myself "sailed" forth...
    ...I loved the restaurant as well (the 'Blue Bayou') but, unfortunately never had the opportunity to dine :yum: while watching "pirates" sail past my dimely lit table, spoon, & fork. Maybe someday...

* One of THE best rides...I will ever know!

4. Bella

Site Founder

How can i ever forget that, was a little kid when i went with my sister, still young enough for it to be like magic. But the most memorable thing i remember about that day, was the standing, we were standing in line so long, a bird pooped on my sisters blouse, she was so MAD, and of course, i just thought that was so funny:D (just glad it wasn't me),..i mean what are the chances, that out of everyone, she gets pooed on,:woot: Yes, good memories.

5. flapjack

Site Founder

Aye, one of my all time favorites, and maybe the best classic rides there.... ive heard theve done alot of upgrades to it from the movie. i bet its even better now..... Oh and i always loved eating lunch, or dinner at that resturant right by it, t was always dark and candel lit with the boats floating by.:flag:

6. Shamus The Brute

Site Founder

ROFL. That must have been hilarious...for yourself that is! It is odd how, as a kid, the things that we tend to remember from experiences. I feel bad now for your sister, Bella, lol.

In all retrospect, maybe that bird was a little impatient too, "perching" (or flying overhead) waiting to be first in line. The size of the "lines" :party: I remember were at times horrible!
    EDIT (Jan 3, 2011 at 1:50 AM):

You are lucky, Flapjack ~ The BLUE BAYOU seems like a very nice restaurant. Like I said, I never had the chance to experience it but...it seems like a pretty nostalgic place. Dimly lit...which is pretty cool!

7. flapjack

Site Founder

Aye, thats the name, good call shamus! and yes very nice place, i think i paided more attention to the boats that the food! lol any one remember having to use all those different tickets back in the day? not at all like it is now!
    EDIT (Jan 3, 2011 at 1:56 AM):
    :flag:Aye, thats the name, good call shamus! and yes very nice place, i think i paid more attention to the boats that the food! lol any one remember having to use all those different tickets back in the day? not at all like it is now!

Charlotte Truebonney likes this.
  8. Bella

Site Founder

Day before Christmas she stopped by to drop off presents, she walks in the door, my parrot never stays in the cage, just on the cage, and first thing she says is "i don't like birds!" Wasnt even here two minutes, said, whats that smell?, i said, that is just Penny, thats a Bulldog, they have gas, what can i say,.:oops:...she said, i am out of here....
    and you are right about the lines at Disney, they were so long, and is so hard for young children to stand still that long, the poor moms!:excited:

9. Captian Morgan Kid

Site Founder

tell your sister i'm sorry that happened to her, but birds gotta poop too ya know.:confused:

Bella likes this.
  10. red beard

red beard Pirate Apprentice

i too have been there. but what i rember most is the tuna samwitches at the pirate ship. they were world class! fine dinning for sure. :flag:

11. captain cc

Site Founder

i wan t to go on it....lol

12. Molly Ironscarlett

Site Founder

i remeber the misty ride and the treasure all around and tortuga was so decadent....alcohol fire arms going off and the cannon barrage towards the end...made me feel like i was in William Tell's overture :D

13. Red River Raven

Site Founder

Shamus.. perfect discription, that "musty, water aroma".. the smells of that ride are so distinctive, just thinking about them, physically bring them back to my senses.. the warm humid air and the fireflies floating just off the water.. They truly left no stone (or treasure) unturned in it's design.. Also remember it as a good date ride.. particularly if you got the rear seat ;).

14. Meg Sailvane

Site Founder

i wanted to ride it :( but my momma said no..

15. Red River Raven

Site Founder

awww.. that's so sad.. sorry Meg.. :(

16. Will Nightwolf

Will Nightwolf Legendary Pirate
    Site Founder

Ya I've been on it and it was AWESOME lol ya it was a decent ride.

17. Sven Ironwalker

Site Founder

I love the ride and go on to Disney about twice a year and ride it. I actually wish they had more in the gift shop on it.

Shamus The Brute likes this.
  18. Charlotte Truebonney

Site Founder

I absolutely love this ride, it's a family fav! As far as the Blue Bayou, love that too,lol. I recommend the Monte Cristo sandwich, yummy. ;)

Jack Yelloweagle likes this.
  19. Captain Redhorn

Site Founder

Yes I have.

20. Molly McSilver

Site Founder

Your sister is going to be mad if she reads this Bella lol.