Have You Ever Been On The Actual POTC "ride?"

• Thread starter Shamus The Brute
  • Start date
Apparently my family did go on it when we were in Disney. However this was in 2000 and I was 6; sadly that is one of the many things that I don't really remember. There are so many things I am thankful I have forgotten and things I really wish I could remember from that trip. I have bits and pieces of memory I think, but I can't even tell what is my actual memory of it any more after seeing so many different things about it.

I'll be heading there at the end of the month. Can't wait to see what new changes they've added to the ride. :) :fight:
I hope you have a great time. :) (For the 'ride' itself is worth the increase in ticket prices Disney keeps configuring at either theme-park here within the U.S. [which makes me wonder if they arrr truly the pirates whom arrr 'privateering']).:rolleyes:

Aye. Rode it a number of times. Have you seen the ride in Disneyland Shanghai?
I've seen it, but have never been there. (A thread which touches upon the subject).
Back to this ^, for a moment. Here's what I predict:

• As of today, Disney has only 3 weeks to either prepare for something "BIG" for POTC's 50th or they do something "small" :mad: to highlight such milestone
  • If they choose to do something small (in the 'small world' which they own), they will choose to do so until Dead Men Tell No Tales is released in May
Celebrating POTC's 50th in the month of May not only promotes the 5th film but...and here's the true reason why...Disney will wait because May is closer to the Summer:parrot: "ticket price" boost/increase at the majority of Disney theme-parks. (Over the years, Disney has hiked up 'ticket entry' prices to it's theme-parks astronomically).

*It all comes down to $money$ and Disney is going to, once again, take advantage of the POTC brand (as a company/a business) to where the most profit is generated at a specific time. Hence, POTC's 50th won't be a BIG deal until the month of May draws closer.

At least at Disneyland (Anaheim, California) the POTC ride has been closed for refurbishment but is expected to open Wednesday, March 15th...a few days before it's 50th anniversary date.

My family has an obsession with Disney World (Florida). Being from Georgia, it makes sense to go to the one in closer to our location. We were season ticket holders for at least 5 years and visited Disney at least three times a year (a bit too much for me). Though, that POTC ride was always cool... it may not have had the most action in it but for a while it reminded me of those fun times I had when I played the game and of course, the movies.

Back