Hello, I was wondering about one quest

Shirouluffy

Sea Legs
the quest tells me to sink a navy ferret but when I try to shoot with cannon balls, another one starts shooting at me trying to protect the navy ferret ship. That ship was lvl 9? and my ship is like lvl 1. (I went in looking for sinking navy ferret around tortuga, but I found one near port royal but almost got destroyed by high lvl navy ship than navy ferret) it was given from Jack Sparrow's crewmate at tortuga where I had to meet Jack Sparrow again. So I don't know how it works when there is a group of ships surrounding another ship.

Ahoy @Shirouluffy,

My guess is that you're referring to the first quest as part of the Black Pearl Questline given to you by Joshamee Gibbs, asking you to:
Defeat a Navy Ferret, and Defeat 4 Navy Cadets in Wildwoods on Tortuga.

I would highly recommend using your sailing '1 & 2' keys in order to sink a Navy Ferret, rather than sitting still and hopping onto one of the on-board cannons. Regarding ship levels, most of these numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. Rather than being a definite number that the ship's difficulty is based off of, these are more estimates of how difficult the ship might be.

I would highly recommend staying in between Tortuga, Devil's Anvil, and Port Royal when searching for a Navy Ferret in the very early game. They will typically spawn closer to the area between Tortuga and Devil's Anvil, and likelihood is they'll be isolated so that you can deal with them fairly easily.

If you are still having issues with this quest, I'd be glad to login and help you.

Fair Winds,
Misha

the quest tells me to sink a navy ferret but when I try to shoot with cannon balls, another one starts shooting at me trying to protect the navy ferret ship. That ship was lvl 9? and my ship is like lvl 1. (I went in looking for sinking navy ferret around tortuga, but I found one near port royal but almost got destroyed by high lvl navy ship than navy ferret) it was given from Jack Sparrow's crewmate at tortuga where I had to meet Jack Sparrow again. So I don't know how it works when there is a group of ships surrounding another ship.
Hi Shirouluffy. Welcome to the game and the tlopo forums. Concerning the ships. There's an area around the ships that is it's 'eyeball' zone where they would naturally take note of you and go on the offensive. Other nearby ships will of course join in if within this zone.

One thing you can try if you can get to the outside of the ferret, where the other ships are opposite and further away, you can go close by and 'taunt' them into following you away from a mob. But you need to find one that has a open port or starboard side away from others.
If you set off multi ships anyhow, run away run away, er sail away and they will eventually drop off.

As you gain experience, sometimes it's just better to do a circle around and take some time to sink the group. One word of piratey advice, stay away from Corsairs. They're just nuts powerful. And try to keep your distance as many ships have explosives and if too close they'll wipe you out as well. Also, I've noticed more often than not, when a quest giver gives a sailing job, the location of the quest giver will be a better chance to find the target. Unless they actually tell you to go to a specific spot.

I'm sure there are others more experienced that may chime in.

And everything is in beta, so don't let strange things get to you.

Fair winds.

It may also help to go on a quiet server. Sometimes ships get grouped on full servers from others tagging all the ships in their path. Then when they port the ships are all huddled together. Not as much a problem with that on a quiet server. Also if you join a guild a lot of times others will help you by sailing with them.

Ships are basically pretty aggressive to create a challenge for players also if you ever have trouble finding certain ships that you need for a quest just switch servers.

It may also help to go on a quiet server. Sometimes ships get grouped on full servers from others tagging all the ships in their path. Then when they port the ships are all huddled together. Not as much a problem with that on a quiet server. Also if you join a guild a lot of times others will help you by sailing with them.
This is a very good point. When questing by yourself, it isn't always conductive to go to the busiest ocean. Because, as you said, busy servers will almost always be herding ships, and that changes the spawn ratios I would think to a single player just looking for one ship. I have almost never failed to find a quest ship in minutes when switching to a empty or low ocean. And like I mentioned before, a majority of time the ships were within the surrounding area of the giver unless they specifically said go elsewhere. Even then on a quiet server, they were found in reasonable time. I found in this game that the weapon quests and specific item quests were the ones that sent you island hopping all over the Caribbean. The regular 'do me a favor' quests not so much.
Happy New Year btw

Alright Thanks guys, sorry for late reply. Cause I really forgot about that. :pirate1: so I'll continue with that quest to see how it goes. Also Happy new year mates!

Back