Help, Let me in !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewordont

Sea Legs
Returning to the game after a long break. I was a member of the Uncle's Mafia with Bill Yellowtimber, but as time went by, people started to drift away.

I was going to give it another try, but the launcher continues to tell me that the launcher has quit working. There is no code or anything else out of the ordinary. My other games load with no issues, but the launcher comes up in the familiar POTC theme and then a mini screen shows the thinking circle and says that the launcher has stopped working and will now close. This is as far as I can get. I can not get access to any of the launcher icons, it closes after that first mini icon.

Last edited:
Welcome back @Dewordont

Are you running TLOPO as OpenGL and with administrator privileges?

If you like i can take a peek via teamviewer and see if there's a way to get it working (Lets me have remote access to your computer that you can revoke at anytime). Is your computer Windows by any chance?

If nothing else please send an email to support@tlopo.com with a screenshot of the message you described and the most recent log file from the TLOPO logs folder.

If you do send an email don't use Outlook as that is currently banned due to a recent wave of spam bots.

I've seen a program similar to that used before.. Not sure what OpenGL is? But, yes with administrator privileges

Ok, let's try the Teamviewer route.

@Dewordont I should have clarified at the start my apologies.

Please send the ID with the password via a pm here on the forum. If you could remove the ID from your post for security reasons that would be great.

Hi Dewordont! :wave:
Welcome to the Forums and back to the Carribbean! :)

Im sorry to hear you are having trouble but the staff are really helpful and I'm sure they will get you back in game as soon as they can.
Look forward to seeing you in the Carribbean! :D

Returning to the game after a long break. I was a member of the Uncle's Mafia with Bill Yellowtimber, but as time went by, people started to drift away.

I was going to give it another try, but the launcher continues to tell me that the launcher has quit working. There is no code or anything else out of the ordinary. My other games load with no issues, but the launcher comes up in the familiar POTC theme and then a mini screen shows the thinking circle and says that the launcher has stopped working and will now close. This is as far as I can get. I can not get access to any of the launcher icons, it closes after that first mini icon.

First, are you returning from POTCO after a long break, or have you taken a break from TLOPO and are returning?

If you are returning from POTCO, the launcher that they had will not work with TLOPO. You'll have to go to tlopo.com and sign up and download their launcher.

If you are returning from a break in TLOPO, there have been a few launcher updates. Which means that you'll have to go to their site ^, log in, and download an updated launcher.

First, are you returning from POTCO after a long break, or have you taken a break from TLOPO and are returning?

If you are returning from POTCO, the launcher that they had will not work with TLOPO. You'll have to go to tlopo.com and sign up and download their launcher.

If you are returning from a break in TLOPO, there have been a few launcher updates. Which means that you'll have to go to their site ^, log in, and download an updated launcher.

It's the TLOPO launcher he's using.

I checked via teamviewer with Dewordont and even uninstalled/reinstalled from the website with no success.

What is an OpenGL, is that something I have to choose or adjust? This computer is only a couple of years old and has played several other games with no issues.

As Arabella said, I have deleted and downloaded the program from the website a number of times to no avail. I sent an email to support and am waiting a response.

One of these days I'll get it figured out. It's probably a setting somewhere.

May you please post a log from the game? These can be found in "C:/Program Files (x86)/The Legend of Pirates Online"

I can't get to the game. All I get is the image of the launcher then the message pops up to say that the program has stopped working and that Windows is looking for a solution and the game will now close.

The computer is an Alienware Aurora R2. As far as I know, all of the stats are well above being able to run the game.

I can't get to the game. All I get is the image of the launcher then the message pops up to say that the program has stopped working and that Windows is looking for a solution and the game will now close.

The computer is an Alienware Aurora R2. As far as I know, all of the stats are well above being able to run the game.
While the game hasn't opened, there may still be a log from it. May you please check the location I posted above?

I ha
While the game hasn't opened, there may still be a log from it. May you please check the location I posted above?

I have to be honest... I have no idea what you are looking for. I do not see a file marked as game log.

I have tried deleting and reloading the game. I have verified the minimums and preferred settings. The only setting that is minimum in Windows 7, everything else, as far as I know, is the preferred settings. I used to run Windows 10, but after a series of crashes and logging in to the Dell website, they said that my computer was not designed to run Windows 10 and it was recommended to go back to 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back