Question High-Level Potions Brewing

smstachwick

Sea Legs
I've been trying to brew the Addled Elixir potion for a while now and I've had no success. Getting the Poison Extract, Crab Extract, and Tooth Dust ingredients is no problem at all, but I can only get the first Gold Gem with a great deal of difficulty and the second one has been totally elusive so far. I've been experimenting with different strategies to try to finally put at least one of these in my potions pouch, but I always seem to run out of space on the board.

I know most would throw up their hands and try to brew either something a bit less challenging or a lot more useful in a situation like this, but I'm pretty stubborn and I'd like to beat this thing.

Is there a workable approach to making these more complex potions that I'm completely missing?

All I can tell you is to divide your drops into 3 alternate arrangements.
Either you know what I'm talking about, or you will soon.
This potion is very doable once you make three drop ranges for the thingys.

The funny thing is that as soon as I decided to go back and get screenshots to share here and explain the strategies that I'm using, I finally managed to brew two of them. The game must have realized that I was about to call in the big guns.

I think I've figured out something workable, but I just wish that it worked because of it being a sound approach instead of it being reliant on the luck of the draw.

I'm going to have some serious reliability problems with this potion until I get some ideas to refine my approach.

you need to try and keep 2-3 open for the gold and maintain the space as much as possible. that one of the potions that isnt so forgiving if you mess up. take a whole lot of work to try and salvage if you mess even once. that is one of my favorite potions to make because its on of the only ones that is actually challenging and makes you think. it is very much so possible as i have made it several time. btw it is entirely reliant on luck of the draw

Back