Suggestion High Seas Scaling (ships, pirates, islands)

Proper scaling?

• Total voters

Darkslinger

Notorious Pirate
As you all know, our ships are as big as the islands themselves. A great idea would be to greatly reduce ship and pirate sizes in the high seas. It would also be nice to make pirates even smaller to make ships feel much larger in comparison to their bodies.

This would expand the sea as well as make islands feel further apart. Your War Brig's mast would no longer be as tall as Isla Tormenta's large mountains or Padres del Fuego's towering volcano; the seas could be packed with more enemy ships and aquatic life (including certain mythical creatures).

In the future, this would allow for more small islands to be added between the routes from one major island to the other and could act as an introductory step to allow for new exciting features like trading and trading routes to be implemented into TLOPO.

And please make the dinghies smaller.

The size of islands compared to the ships being sailed in the high seas feels disorienting. The war ships are almost as tall as the islands themselves (if not larger in some cases).

Would it be possible to enlarge the islands in the future? If it was possible, would you like to see this replacement occur in-game?

Last edited:
Indeed it seems kinda weird. The islands are tiny and so close to each other. Like you can see details of rumrunners isle and cuba at the same time

EDIT: not rumrunners, driftwood island, i mean.

EDIT: or perdida or tormenta idk :D

Indeed it seems kinda weird. The islands are tiny and so close to each other. Like you can see details of rumrunners isle and cuba at the same time

EDIT: not rumrunners, driftwood island, i mean.

EDIT: or perdida or tormenta idk :D

The same goes with Padres del Fuego, I can see the tiny redbrick-roof houses all the way from my ship! How is a legendary volcanic island supposed to look intimidating if it's tiny? I noticed that Disney has a lot of explaining to do regarding scaling.

*clears throat*
Dinghy sizes...

Another fix could be to make ships and pirates much smaller so the Islands and the sea could feel much larger! This would allow for a much more realistic sailing experience and allow for smaller islands to be added in-between major islands. I'll go ahead and update my primary post.

Back