TYVM Hold on a second guys

Here, here.

I'm anxious to play also, but not gonna complain about people working to make happen a game I love that I get to play for free!

Ok, just hold on a second everyone. Realize... WE ARE ABOUT TO PLAY POTCO AGAIN IN A FEW SHORT WEEKS! I hear ppl complaining it has been down for too long, but im sitting here so stoked that the game is even coming back! I haven't been this excited for something in a long time! Thanks DEVs for all of your hard work!
Technically if it's a few short weeks more, isn't that past the date they promised? Wouldn't be longer than Alpha to Beta? If it's still down at that point, isn't it sort of justified to be a bit annoyed? At this point I get both sides of the issue, "it shouldn't take this long!" and "the devs are doing it on there own time, patience."

Technically if it's a few short weeks more, isn't that past the date they promised? Wouldn't be longer than Alpha to Beta? If it's still down at that point, isn't it sort of justified to be a bit annoyed? At this point I get both sides of the issue, "it shouldn't take this long!" and "the devs are doing it on there own time, patience."

Think about it - they also promised a stable experience. If you started playing and experienced lagging, framerate issues and crashes you'd also be annoyed. Currently, all we can do is wait while they work day and night for us to be able to play it once more.

Think about it - they also promised a stable experience. If you started playing and experienced lagging, framerate issues and crashes you'd also be annoyed. Currently, all we can do is wait while they work day and night for us to be able to play it once more.
I completely get that, and appreciate them working however much they are. I'm just pointing out at that point it would some sense for complaint, especially if it's 4-8 more weeks *crazy example* since now, when they were in final testing and so close to done. The complaints at this point don't make sense nor will help the process. Later on neither, but people gotta vent frustrations. Honestly doubt it will take much longer, but appreciate the time to catch up on tv :p

Well tlopo has been very unpredictable so that is probably what happen. Have to keep in mind the devs were probably frustrated to.

The only thing I am going to complain about is people complaining that the devs are taking "too long".

There was no date promised, the hope was no later than the transition of alpha to beta which would be around 3 months time. A few short weeks wouldn't be going past that :p

Yeah i'm confused also. The facebook page says they are close to finishing, confused how the author of this considers that weeks.

Development delays can happen, he's saying even if it did take a few weeks instead of days, it'd still be worth it.

There was no date promised, the hope was no later than the transition of alpha to beta which would be around 3 months time. A few short weeks wouldn't be going past that :p

Development delays can happen, he's saying even if it did take a few weeks instead of days, it'd still be worth it.
Well, we have to remember that we were directly informed via the official TLOPO Facebook that the game would be up in a few days at most as of last Friday. Considering this, I felt like it would be prudent to inform the community if any delays did indeed happen, which I would find completely understandable. But you have to look at the bigger picture here, people aren't getting fidgety because of the length of downtime but by the lack of communication. For example, I was very excited when the post appeared on the Facebook, but I am somewhat confused about a lack of communication regarding a developmental delay considering that we WERE told that the game would be up in a few days.

Also, I hope no one takes this as any slight to the developers. I think they're doing a great job and I am eternally grateful to them for bringing back one of my favorite games with which I built many memories.

Well, we have to remember that we were directly informed via the official TLOPO Facebook that the game would be up in a few days at most as of last Friday. Considering this, I felt like it would be prudent to inform the community if any delays did indeed happen, which I would find completely understandable. But you have to look at the bigger picture here, people aren't getting fidgety because of the length of downtime but by the lack of communication. For example, I was very excited when the post appeared on the Facebook, but I am somewhat confused about a lack of communication regarding a developmental delay considering that we WERE told that the game would be up in a few days.

Also, I hope no one takes this as any slight to the developers. I think they're doing a great job and I am eternally grateful to them for bringing back one of my favorite games with which I built many memories.

I never said there was a delay, just that they can happen with development, it's some pretty tricky stuff. There's been a fair bit of communication through blog posts and streams, but it's hard to give constant updates on something because of the nature of development.

Thank you all for your patience, hope you're exited at least!

I never said there was a delay, just that they can happen with development, it's some pretty tricky stuff. There's been a fair bit of communication through blog posts and streams, but it's hard to give constant updates on something because of the nature of development.

Thank you all for your patience, hope you're exited at least!
I think what @Lawrence_Ironhawk is getting at is that while it is understandable to not be given any official communication about why an extension has apparently occurred (via expectation previously voiced), the one thing which would calm everyone down is for something to be said "officially" to reassure a community waiting patiently on the edge of their seat. In that respect, expectation itself has turned kinda into a unintended customer service/player-base issue.

A lot of times I've noticed with people in general, if you don't give them the reassurance they do crave they will have "all the time in the world" to give-in to thoughts to which they would not normally have and take it from me...when you crave communication from other people you'll go to great lengths to have such communication given to you (whether your judgment is correct or not as to 'how' you will try to go about doing so).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back